Post-Game Talk: Koskinen eliminates the Flames and Canucks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They gotta keep their game at a high level. We need momentum not relaxation.

Yup. We aren't a veteran team that is accustomed to winning, we are still in the learning stages of figuring out how to win consistently. The next 2 games, followed by the first playoff games, are spaced far enough apart that we don't need to sit anybody, just reduce minutes for certain guys. Only way you sit a guy is if he is banged up and needs a few days off.

Reactions: TheNumber4

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Yup. We aren't a veteran team that is accustomed to winning, we are still in the learning stages of figuring out how to win consistently. The next 2 games, followed by the first playoff games, are spaced far enough apart that we don't need to sit anybody, just reduce minutes for certain guys. Only way you sit a guy is if he is banged up and needs a few days off.
Yup exactly. Keep the machine rolling and cut back time for players when required. That's what good coaches will do. This team doesn't fair well with long layoffs. Keep that mojo going.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
When the playoffs start, the physicality ramps up, the refs put the whistles away and it's a whole different animal. They have the big D that are built for the playoffs. Add in their clutch and grab playstyle and Webber the cross checking beast? McDrais ribs say "no thanks."
We’ve essentially been playing that way for the last half of the year. If last night is any indication, we’re used to it already.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If Koskinen has to start in the post season he'll wind up being lights out and everyone shits their pants. Book it :D
I’m all for that happening. He’s an Oiler I want him succeed. I don’t think he has it in him though. He was exposed in the play ins last year and didn’t recover and has had some really bad goals and bad times this year and for the playoffs I think he needs to be the 3rd string goalie and then in off season be given an opportunity to get s fresh start elsewhere.

Reactions: GOilers88

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kahun scores what should have been the winning goal last night on a good solid stick on the ice tip home, and I come into this thread and people talking about how he's nothing and get rid of him. I don't get it.

8EV goals means he's our 5th leading EV goal scorer. Behind only McD, Drai, Nurse, Pulju. Kahun has also been scratched 8 of the games, having only played 46, and was dropped down lines another half dozen.

Here we have a cheap as borscht player that costs nothng in relative cap terms, he can play with the puck, handle it reasonably well, and can even make plays in topsix. He has the puck more than Yamamoto. The guy has even played bottomsix here and elsewhere and can slide in there and is a reasonable 200ft player.

Kahun has had a 5 game set on topline and has looked good there. 2G 1A 3EVpts in the stint.

Including this beauty just a week ago;

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Kahun scores what should have been the winning goal last night on a good solid stick on the ice tip home, and I come into this thread and people talking about how he's nothing and get rid of him. I don't get it.

8EV goals means he's our 5th leading EV goal scorer. Behind only McD, Drai, Nurse, Pulju. Kahun has also been scratched 8 of the games, having only played 46, and was dropped down lines another half dozen.

Here we have a cheap as borscht player that costs nothng in relative cap terms, he can play with the puck, handle it reasonably well, and can even make plays in topsix. He has the puck more than Yamamoto. The guy has even played bottomsix here and elsewhere and can slide in there and is a reasonable 200ft player.

Kahun has had a 5 game set on topline and has looked good there. 2G 1A 3EVpts in the stint.

Including this beauty just a week ago;

He's also Leon's buddy.

There is more to it than on-ice skills. Kahun seems to be a nice "fit" in the group.

Reactions: Samus44

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder what Tippett feels about Koskinen. Is he still the back up?

It is frustrating to those like myself who try to see the good in players and making the most with who we have. Even that game, Koskinen was playing well until that goal, but you cant let softies like that in the playoffs. The team shut down Montreal in that 3rd period and it was great to see. There should not have been that third goal.

I feel like Koskinen is probably better than Stalock but you have to go with Stalock. And of course, hopefully neither has to play a single minute in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad