Post-Game Talk: Koskinen eliminates the Flames and Canucks

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
GG guys

McDavid is so fun to watch it’s ridiculous. It’s been fun having him in the Canadian division even though he’s able to torch us at any given moment.

There was no chance he wasn’t scoring in a breakaway in OT.

I would assume you are a HABS fan . Quick question for ya. What is the game plan for Jesper going forward. He is still very young but seems to have hit a rut. Is there a worry you might have another Drouin?

oljimmy

May 9, 2013

Not to take anything away from Connor, he's obviously the best in the world and if you don't adjust for era he's straight up the greatest offensive player to ever play the game. But those other guys played when the OT was 20 minutes and it was 5-on-5. The real stat would be non-OT GWG.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
CW6RqCj.gif

Anderson trips Shore two feet in front of Joannette. This happened about 1:30 before the tying goal. Joannette immediately starts yelling, "No! He fell down. No!"

fGhfnCJ.gif

First shift of the third. Joannette stands in the corner and watches Eric Staal grab and spin Khaira. This has been an automatic call for 15 years. Not tonight.

U know the old expression, its usually right in front of ya when you are looking for it. I guess it doesn't mean anything anymore

Reactions: dsi and Del Preston

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
can't believe im saying this but the Oilers should just mail it in for the next two games.

practice and prepare for the battle of playoffs
Absolutely not. Win. Always win. It's never OK to lose.

Go out there and dominate in the last 2 games of the regular season and continue it through 4 rounds of playoffs.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Happy for him. Didn't think he had anything left. I'd put Ennis in for the last two games and bench Chiasson. Bench Jones or Kulikov and put Bouchard in. Stalock , one game. Get them some games before playoffs. Should of been done sooner Tippett.:rolleyes:

Ill take some heat for this but I would almost like seeing Ennis in for Yamamoto. Man he is snakebitten

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Kahun scores what should have been the winning goal last night on a good solid stick on the ice tip home, and I come into this thread and people talking about how he's nothing and get rid of him. I don't get it.

8EV goals means he's our 5th leading EV goal scorer. Behind only McD, Drai, Nurse, Pulju. Kahun has also been scratched 8 of the games, having only played 46, and was dropped down lines another half dozen.

Here we have a cheap as borscht player that costs nothng in relative cap terms, he can play with the puck, handle it reasonably well, and can even make plays in topsix. He has the puck more than Yamamoto. The guy has even played bottomsix here and elsewhere and can slide in there and is a reasonable 200ft player.

Kahun has had a 5 game set on topline and has looked good there. 2G 1A 3EVpts in the stint.

Including this beauty just a week ago;

I would like him signed for next year as well. I like him with McJesus

Reactions: Biltmore

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Absolutely not. Win. Always win. It's never OK to lose.

Go out there and dominate in the last 2 games of the regular season and continue it through 4 rounds of playoffs.
Also with how brutal Winnipeg is right now, and how well they have fared against them, you want them in the first round. Can’t rely on Winnipeg to win a game in the next 2, need to win against Montreal tomorrow to cement a series against Winnipeg

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Such a joke how the refs continue not to call anything on Habs.

f*** you Habs and eat shit Flames!!!

It's beyond parody at this point.

Even the boutique penalty they did call tonight (tripping) they called one 50/50 trip on the Oilers and one that was a joke, but then in the third when one of our guys gets hauled down behind our own net directly in front of the ref all you hear is "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" when the official clearly realized that a penalty had occurred, but had to communicate to everyone that he wasn't going to call it.

I haven't watched a ton outside the Canadian division this year so I can't comment if it's been equivalently awful everywhere else, but my god has the Canadian division been inflicted with some god awful officials. Skilliter, Meier, Joanette and Furlatt would make a lot of people's lists of worst officials in the entire league and they're all stuffed in the same division. Kozari and Lee are the only ones missing to complete the bottom 6.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Unlock Stalock for sure. Good to see what we have

Disagree.

I'd probably go with Koskinen on Wednesday and Smith on Saturday.

It's far too risky imo to let Koskinen dwell on his last two outings heading into the playoffs, better the devil you know than the one you don't and all that.

However, I would not be surprised if Stalock did start. That to me would be an indicator from the organization that Koskinen is officially done and we should look for him to be either dealt or bought out in the offseason.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
I’m all for that happening. He’s an Oiler I want him succeed. I don’t think he has it in him though. He was exposed in the play ins last year and didn’t recover and has had some really bad goals and bad times this year and for the playoffs I think he needs to be the 3rd string goalie and then in off season be given an opportunity to get s fresh start elsewhere.
I don't really believe it. Just getting out in front of it:laugh:

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Kahun scores what should have been the winning goal last night on a good solid stick on the ice tip home, and I come into this thread and people talking about how he's nothing and get rid of him. I don't get it.

8EV goals means he's our 5th leading EV goal scorer. Behind only McD, Drai, Nurse, Pulju. Kahun has also been scratched 8 of the games, having only played 46, and was dropped down lines another half dozen.

Here we have a cheap as borscht player that costs nothng in relative cap terms, he can play with the puck, handle it reasonably well, and can even make plays in topsix. He has the puck more than Yamamoto. The guy has even played bottomsix here and elsewhere and can slide in there and is a reasonable 200ft player.

Kahun has had a 5 game set on topline and has looked good there. 2G 1A 3EVpts in the stint.

Including this beauty just a week ago;

He drew some criticism early on as his production wasn't there, but he appears to be the forechecker on that top line and has a knack for finding the soft spot in the zone.

I knew this signing was likely to be pretty good considering the AAV, RFA rights and his previous production and I'm glad to see this pan out.

Since we have his RFA rights next year, I can probably see him getting 2 or 3 years at <$1.25M. I don't think he plays on the top line next year however.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Huh well, f*** me.

Who was the other tendy that Ennis clipped this year? Because he's definitely made contact with more than one goalie this year.

He smoked Campbell. Campbell leaned out of the side of the net to grab the puck. Seems accidentally on purpose haha.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Disagree.

I'd probably go with Koskinen on Wednesday and Smith on Saturday.

It's far too risky imo to let Koskinen dwell on his last two outings heading into the playoffs, better the devil you know than the one you don't and all that.

However, I would not be surprised if Stalock did start. That to me would be an indicator from the organization that Koskinen is officially done and we should look for him to be either dealt or bought out in the offseason.
Imo both options are interesting. I'd think you give Koskinen even more leash. He doesnt deserve it this season but hes given good stats for two years before. Stalock doesn't have that, but hes not a net negative this season. Koskinen is net negative this season.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Not to take anything away from Connor, he's obviously the best in the world and if you don't adjust for era he's straight up the greatest offensive player to ever play the game. But those other guys played when the OT was 20 minutes and it was 5-on-5. The real stat would be non-OT GWG.

Since being reintroduced in 83-84, reg season OT has always been 5 minutes. In Gretz‘s first few nhl seasons, games simply ended in a tie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->