Korbinian Holzer

Tyler Biggs*

Holzer is playing great and I like the fact that he likes to check and take the body; will be hard to send him back down.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I don't know, but I feel much more comfortable watching Gardiner with Korbinian on his side. But could be me paying special attention to our German Leaf :)

Tyler Biggs*

He is one of the few out there who finishes his checks and likes to take the body in the corners and behind the net.
The Leafs need to keep Holzer in the line up

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I dont see the problem

Holzer is our 7th D. Granberg and Percy need more time and it is a long season.We are lucky we still have this guy and waivers,someone would look at him now.He has been with us a long time,he has earned it and he stays as 7th,like we have any choice.

Yay Gardiner.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Holzer is our 7th D. Granberg and Percy need more time and it is a long season.We are lucky we still have this guy and waivers,someone would look at him now.He has been with us a long time,he has earned it and he stays as 7th,like we have any choice.

Yay Gardiner.

Yea its weird I have seen on a few boards people referencing holzer as a quick D patch or a target for waivers.

I think he gets grabbed if hes waived and I am not sure on the room to bring up a Percy (who would be great to slot out Jake) if you keep holzer up so its unlikely to happen.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He is one of the few out there who finishes his checks and likes to take the body in the corners and behind the net.
The Leafs need to keep Holzer in the line up

From what I've seen this year, I'd have both Polak and Holzer playing the right side every game.

Franson
Polak
Holzer

Holzer at 205 players a heavy game. You know Kessel is just 3 pounds lighter?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Holzer's list weight has been the same for years now. He's clearly much bigger than that.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yea its weird I have seen on a few boards people referencing holzer as a quick D patch or a target for waivers.

I think he gets grabbed if hes waived and I am not sure on the room to bring up a Percy (who would be great to slot out Jake) if you keep holzer up so its unlikely to happen.

he was already waived once this year, and cleared.

leafstilldeath*

Since everyone is so gung-ho about Holzer here is something for you guys to ponder on:

B5UI2jXIcAEcPfx.png

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Don't even know why people like this guy. He has 36.2CF%!
Constantly passes behind the forward, cannot stop the cycle, terrible first pass. No wonder, Gardiner looked bad when Polak went down.

leafstilldeath*

Don't even know why people like this guy. He has 36.2CF%!
Constantly passes behind the forward, cannot stop the cycle, terrible first pass. No wonder, Gardiner looked bad when Polak went down.

It pisses me off even more when he has an outlet but manages to get an icing call. I mean what the hell......

Gardiner has been screwed around like Kadri with revolving door of partners and no consistency. If Gards was given an opportunity consistently for extended period of time and then if Gards does not perform I would understand the critiques out there.

Quite frankly it is friggen Carlyle the stupid moron. He just can't balance the team properly. heck he still has a hard on for Bozo-Kessel :shakehead

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
It pisses me off even more when he has an outlet but manages to get an icing call. I mean what the hell......

Gardiner has been screwed around like Kadri with revolving door of partners and no consistency. If Gards was given an opportunity consistently for extended period of time and then if Gards does not perform I would understand the critiques out there.

Quite frankly it is friggen Carlyle the stupid moron. He just can't balance the team properly. heck he still has a hard on for Bozo-Kessel :shakehead

its the coaches and linemates faults Gardiner makes boneheaded mistakes? (ex. high sticking pucks out of play)

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
its the coaches and linemates faults Gardiner makes boneheaded mistakes? (ex. high sticking pucks out of play)

It's their responsibility to stop him from batting the puck with his stick. He's done it 3 times so i guess the coaching staff is just letting him sink.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
It's their responsibility to stop him from batting the puck with his stick. He's done it 3 times so i guess the coaching staff is just letting him sink.
They'll have to talk to Jake when he gets back to the dugout. He's been keeping this AB alive with his foul tips.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Holzer

Any attempt made to re-sign Holzer? He is looking steady and physical out there this time around. Or will Nonis lets him go for next to nothing?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Holzer is a Leaf drafted and developed player and he would not cost a fortune and so he could certainly be a part of the solution and the future.

He has played well and I wouldn't mind if he was brought back as a 3rd pairing guy. In fact it would be better cap management to have that then spend $3 mil on a guy like Robidas to fill a depth position.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Holzer is a Leaf drafted and developed player and he would not cost a fortune and so he could certainly be a part of the solution and the future.

He has played well and I wouldn't mind if he was brought back as a 3rd pairing guy. In fact it would be better cap management to have that then spend $3 mil on a guy like Robidas to fill a depth position.

3x1? What do you think?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

The irony of this shouldn't be lost on MLSE, practice what you preach, even if it for a 6-7 D man. He shouldn't be costly to resign imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad