Value of: Konecny to Vancouver

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Heard it on the radio the other day and it seemed to make some sense

Philly are doing well this yr but I think they know they're a couple good drafts away and trading someone like Konecny now might hasten the rebuild.

Canucks would love it because he has team control for two playoff runs.

I'll make my proposal and you can all bash me and hopefully your idea of what the cost would be.

To Van
Konecny

To Philly
Kuzmenko (whatever you think his value is he needs to offset the cap and he's a good reclamation project)
1st
Podkolzin (I think he's very close to being an impact NHLer. Not top line material but great secondary type guy with grit)

Option 2

Konecny
Walker

for

Lekerimaki
Kuzmenko
Silovs
I'd pay to watch Torts coach Kuzmenko.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Konecny is among the few players I'd trade Lekkerimaki for. I think there's a basis for a deal there if Philly falls out in the coming weeks

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Heard it on the radio the other day and it seemed to make some sense

Philly are doing well this yr but I think they know they're a couple good drafts away and trading someone like Konecny now might hasten the rebuild.

Canucks would love it because he has team control for two playoff runs.

I'll make my proposal and you can all bash me and hopefully your idea of what the cost would be.

To Van
Konecny

To Philly
Kuzmenko (whatever you think his value is he needs to offset the cap and he's a good reclamation project)
1st
Podkolzin (I think he's very close to being an impact NHLer. Not top line material but great secondary type guy with grit)

Option 2

Konecny
Walker

for

Lekerimaki
Kuzmenko
Silovs

To begin with, that offer is light for TK.

Kuzmenko on a Torts team. 😂😂😂 There is no way Torts would allow it and I would guess Philly is on that 12 team NTC of Kuzmenko‘s for the exact same reason.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I'd do 1st n lekk and mik for Konecny without batting an eye. No point trying to pawn kuz off on them, torts coaches like tocchet, he ain't gonna wanna deal w that.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Philly. What about:

Lekerimaki
Kuzmenko
Silovs
Flyers choice of Raty or Podkolzin

for

Konecny

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Flyers tend not to sell high and will likely extend. Only way he is likely traded is for a younger center with upside. Flyers passed on Raty for Tuomaala in their draft year, so I am not sure how high they value his upside.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Flyers tend not to sell high and will likely extend. Only way he is likely traded is for a younger center with upside. Flyers passed on Raty for Tuomaala in their draft year, so I am not sure how high they value his upside.
Different management though.

My proposal is 2024 1st, Lekkerimaki, Mikheyev, Silovs, and a 2025 6th for Konecny w/ 750k retention to balance the cap.

Reactions: MisterT and Play

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think Vancouver has to start with 1st + Lekkerimaki to even get in the conversation. Maybe dumping Kuzmenko who could be flipped for another smaller pick/prospect in the process, but not part of the core value.

But even that i seriously doubt ends up moving the needle as a "winning bid" on Konecny, if he's even moved at all.

I just don't see an smallish offensive scoring winger being the sort of piece that Briere would covet in this deal. Somebody else will have a Center they offer up, or a winger with more size+skill combo. Podkolzin, maybe holds interest if Briere/scouts are still really high on him, but even with a strong AHL season...his arrow is still trending much more toward "middle-6 complementary grinder". Not the real centerpiece for an impact Top-6 Forward with grit on a highly coveted contract with term remaining.

I just don't think Vancouver have the right combination of pieces to make it work. As awesome a fit as he'd be.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I think Vancouver has to start with 1st + Lekkerimaki to even get in the conversation. Maybe dumping Kuzmenko who could be flipped for another smaller pick/prospect in the process, but not part of the core value.

But even that i seriously doubt ends up moving the needle as a "winning bid" on Konecny, if he's even moved at all.

I just don't see an smallish offensive scoring winger being the sort of piece that Briere would covet in this deal. Somebody else will have a Center they offer up, or a winger with more size+skill combo. Podkolzin, maybe holds interest if Briere/scouts are still really high on him, but even with a strong AHL season...his arrow is still trending much more toward "middle-6 complementary grinder". Not the real centerpiece for an impact Top-6 Forward with grit on a highly coveted contract with term remaining.

I just don't think Vancouver have the right combination of pieces to make it work. As awesome a fit as he'd be.
Yeah let’s get serious, the only way Philly even considers it is if Willander is included. And that’s obviously a no go for the Canucks

Reactions: biturbo19

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Philly needs more high-end players (especially with Gauthier gone) so I'd think a complementary piece like Podkolzin isn't moving the needle much. Roster has plenty of secondary guys imo. Would Vancouver move on from Lekkerimäki or Willander?

chatter in Vancity that everything is on the table right now, I’m also a nucks fan ok with parting ways with lek, wilander 1st rounders 24,25.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Forget any deal with Zegras, Torts would strangle him. No low motor scorers wanted.
Flyers want a top 6 center with size and/or a 1D with size.
They don't need depth players, they have plenty of wingers and 3rd pair D prospects, and 7 1st and 2nd rd picks the next two years.
Quality or go home.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Laughton
Konency

For

Kuzmeko
1st
Podz
Lekk
Friedman
lol Friedman. No chance

Philly. What about:

Lekerimaki
Kuzmenko
Silovs
Flyers choice of Raty or Podkolzin

for

Konecny
Is Raty projected as a Center?

We really need a center in any potential deal. We have wayyy too many wingers as is.

Different management though.

My proposal is 2024 1st, Lekkerimaki, Mikheyev, Silovs, and a 2025 6th for Konecny w/ 750k retention to balance the cap.
Same guy running the Draft and scouting, though, in the AGM Flahr who stayed on after Fletcher.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
These are terrible for Philly.
These are terrible for Philly.
Option A value wise is not terrible but I'm guessing you don't percieve Podz highly but he's going to prove his doubters wrong and if he didn't get hurt early on he's likely a full time NHLer Bruce and his refusal to give him top 6 minutes set him back but under Tochett he looked great but the decision was made to get him tons of minutes in Abby and we got a true glimpse he's always been very good defensively now his offense is coming around and he is a tank I pray he doesn't get traded.

The second proposal is a guy who could very well be the next Guentzel, the guy is a stud. Silovs is a stud, as seen in the world's at 21. Labeled by the best goalie coach in the world as one of the most talented kid he's ever worked with.

I think the 2nd one is a great trade for the flyers, you get a likely top line forward , who likely is NHL ready at some point next year and a goalie th freeat has a ceiling of a high -end starter.

You don't have to like trade but there's good value in both proposals.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
You might be right about value, which is why Canuck fans really shouldn't even mention Podkolzin on the trade board.
I mean we know all about Juolevi, dude almost died doing a bag skate. Podz oth had a gordie howe hatrick last night in the ahl. Yeah those are over-rated somewhat, but he had 2 goals and the guy he fought had 3 inches and 30 lbs on him. He isn't a valueless throw in imo.
People have zero clue when it comes to Podz the guy got dicked around in the KHL and was rushed and then mishandled until this year.
He just needed 1 season of playing every game with tons of minutes.
Power forwards always take longer and he's played such sporadic minutes until halfway through last year that it's no surprise we are finally seeing why he was taken 10th overall I'll be pissed if he get traded. It will be Cam Neely all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad