Value of: Konecny to Vancouver

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Heard it on the radio the other day and it seemed to make some sense

Philly are doing well this yr but I think they know they're a couple good drafts away and trading someone like Konecny now might hasten the rebuild.

Canucks would love it because he has team control for two playoff runs.

I'll make my proposal and you can all bash me and hopefully your idea of what the cost would be.

To Van
Konecny

To Philly
Kuzmenko (whatever you think his value is he needs to offset the cap and he's a good reclamation project)
1st
Podkolzin (I think he's very close to being an impact NHLer. Not top line material but great secondary type guy with grit)

Option 2

Konecny
Walker

for

Lekerimaki
Kuzmenko
Silovs

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
Maybe. I think that'd also be the end point though. Wingers don't generally return more than 2 assets.

What would you want from Van?
He's also not expiring which changes the calculus and he may be a winger but he's one who plays all three phases. I'd want one of Lek or Wallinder and the 1st (and whatever reasonable salary going back to make it work).

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
He's also not expiring which changes the calculus and he may be a winger but he's one who plays all three phases. I'd want one of Lek or Wallinder and the 1st (and whatever reasonable salary going back to make it work).
True that boosts his value. I personally think Lekerimaki or Willander are too valuable in this case. I might do Lekerimaki and a 2nd. But a 15th overall who has exploded since being drafted, won WJC MVP and a first is a tad rich.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
If Danny B trades for Lekerimaki after Gauthier situation, it would be hilarious :laugh:
If serious, the Flyers have a logjam on that right wing even without Konecny, they need a center.
Haha just to spite Cutter. I like it even more now.

Could do Lek + Raty

Reactions: Alex K

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Heard it on the radio the other day and it seemed to make some sense

Philly are doing well this yr but I think they know they're a couple good drafts away and trading someone like Konecny now might hasten the rebuild.

Canucks would love it because he has team control for two playoff runs.

I'll make my proposal and you can all bash me and hopefully your idea of what the cost would be.

To Van
Konecny

To Philly
Kuzmenko (whatever you think his value is he needs to offset the cap and he's a good reclamation project)
1st
Podkolzin (I think he's very close to being an impact NHLer. Not top line material but great secondary type guy with grit)

Option 2

Konecny
Walker

for

Lekerimaki
Kuzmenko
Silovs
Given who their HC is, I don't think it makes sense. Tocchet is having some issues getting Kuz to play the way he wants. I doubt that gets any better for Kuz under Torts.

Philly is very much in the PO race. That's an off-season trade from Philly's POV if they opt to make it, not one at the TDL.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
If Danny B trades for Lekerimaki after Gauthier situation, it would be hilarious :laugh:
If serious, the Flyers have a logjam on that right wing even without Konecny, they need a center.
Kinda curious if Lekker and Gauthier continue their beef at the NHL level. They’re divisional rivals now lol

Reactions: Alex K

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Given who their HC is, I don't think it makes sense. Tocchet is having some issues getting Kuz to play the way he wants. I doubt that gets any better for Kuz under Torts.

Philly is very much in the PO race. That's an off-season trade from Philly's POV if they opt to make it, not one at the TDL.
They are but chances are they start to fall away in the coming weeks. It'd be a fwd thinking trade no doubt. Offseason the value would be lower.

Reactions: McJedi

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Outside of Russians in the KHL, if a player isn't making progress at the NHL level D+5, his trade value won't be much. Looking at recent trades, New York gave up on Kravtsov at a similar point and the return was close to nothing. Juolevi was swapped for another reclamation project after his season. Jost was traded for a 4th line rental D+6. Draft pedigree fades.

Takumi3000

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
That is way too much. Lek is projecting to be an impact player on his ELC alone.
You have to give up something valuable to get something valuable in return. Konecny would put us over the top and he’d be available for the following year as well. His salary cap also cancels perfectly with Kuzmenko’s. It’s a win-win for both sides.

Reactions: bh53 and McJedi

BlamBlam

Jan 25, 2010
If they’re going to trade the kind of pieces being mentioned better off to get a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad