TSN Radio Komisarek 'Never got out on right foot' Doesn't trash Leafs Management or coaches

jughead42*

I love how everyone is talking about what a great guy he is now, when we were the the ones back then chirping about what a useless pud he was and a drag on the cap. Gotta love Leaf Nation, we rock!

BudMaster17

Gap Inspector
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto
Still frustrated about one thing: He played his best few games as a Leaf under Randy. Then he wasn't given another shot. It made no sense.

Randy is so frustrating sometimes.

I agree Komi was one of our better dmen the start of the season. I couldn't understand how he couldn't get into the line up over Kostka. We could of used him in the playoffs against the bruins.... He is going to do well in Carloina, fresh start, no spotlight, no big contract, no pressure. He is a class act and a leader, totally mismanaged by a collection of idiots.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
Never bought into the mindless trashing of the guy. Circumstances didn't work out here, but I think that he could have potentially been a useful player for the Leafs (mostly with Carlyle) and will certainly be useful elsewhere. It's a shame considering what a classy and professional guy he was. Probably great in the room, kind of player I would want around a young group. Hope he can get his career back on track.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
He does have a right to moan, but..... I wish someone would have given me millions just before my wedding day :cry:

Buyouts aren't a lump sum. They're paid out as part of the regular payroll for double the remaining length of the contract.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Gotta love how people keep saying Grabo started in an offensive role and lost it. And who do you think started the season against the other teams top lines? Kadri? Kessel and Bozo? The 4th line lol? FYI, it was clear to anyone with a brain that Kadri was always put in a position to produce. It's great that he produced the way he did, but he was still extremely sheltered until about the last month and a bit.

Anyway, Komi's always been a classy guy and did look like he was getting his game back when Carlyle came in. I think he started getting benched because he did something stupid in practice that injured himself which really pissed Carlyle off.

Last edited:

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
Gotta love how people keep saying Grabo started in an offensive role and lost it. And who do you think started the season against the other teams top lines? Kadri? Kessel and Bozo? The 4th line lol? FYI, it was clear to anyone with a brain that Kadri was always put in a position to produce. It's great that he produced the way he did, but he was still extremely sheltered until about the last month and a bit.

Anyway, Komi's always been a classy guy and did look like he was getting his game back when Carlyle came in. I think he started getting benched because he did something stupid in practice that injured himself which really pissed Carlyle off.
You do realize I said absolutely nothing about Grabovski in that post, right? Are you just yelling at clouds or something?

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON

So by this logic, when Randy threw Grabovski onto the 3rd Line when Kadri got hot, it was then Grabo who was playing sheltered minutes.

With those sheltered minutes, did Grabovski produce at the same rate as Kadri did? Nah. Kadri did cool down when he had a bigger role, but Grabovski never stepped up to take advantage of the opportunities that Kadri had at first.

MajorityRules*

I love how everyone is talking about what a great guy he is now, when we were the the ones back then chirping about what a useless pud he was and a drag on the cap. Gotta love Leaf Nation, we rock!

Well ya see, not everyone on these boards runs around bad-mouthing and trashing players that they don't like. I've never said a bad word about Komisarek and there are many others here who haven't either but you go ahead and lump everyone together. It's what posters like you are good at. Gotta love Leaf Nation.

As for his interview, HEY GRABOVSKI - that's how you leave with dignity. He thanked the organization that gave him a chance to do what he loves to do and paid him millions to do it.

Good luck in Carolina Mike.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Hard to feel bad for a guy who sat out half the games and got 20 mil for it. I don't blame Grabovski one bit, noone on this team has his heart. I think he could really probably use someone like Clarkson on his wing.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hard to feel bad for a guy who sat out half the games and got 20 mil for it. I don't blame Grabovski one bit, noone on this team has his heart. I think he could really probably use someone like Clarkson on his wing.

Having heart is good, but, accomplishing mostly nothing, while getting 5.5 million are what got him bought out.

He was overpaid by 2.0 million for what his heart delivered.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

Yea man, how quickly people forgot how Komisarek helped make us the 2nd worst team in the league, when we bottomed out during his tenure. Now hes a great guy who deserved to get paid AND why? Because he kept his mouth shut. Leafs Nation doesn't make any sense. Comparing Grabovski to him isn't fair either, considering Komisarek knew he was going to get bought out for 2 years now (big lol), Grabo got blindsided and actually played good hockey.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Still frustrated about one thing: He played his best few games as a Leaf under Randy. Then he wasn't given another shot. It made no sense.

Randy is so frustrating sometimes.

Komi stopped getting played after he suffered that eye injury. Carlyle didn't like how Komisarek took out his frustration maybe? I really don't know, but I think the injury had something to do with Komi not playing again afterwards, but it wasn't the injury itself.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
So by this logic, when Randy threw Grabovski onto the 3rd Line when Kadri got hot, it was then Grabo who was playing sheltered minutes.

With those sheltered minutes, did Grabovski produce at the same rate as Kadri did? Nah. Kadri did cool down when he had a bigger role, but Grabovski never stepped up to take advantage of the opportunities that Kadri had at first.

Grabo was never given a sheltered role.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
I'm just saying it's easier to go out of town quietly when you've never had any success.

Grabovski was a very successful player in his time here, who was very unceremoniously dumped after being buried by a coach who was asking for two very different things from him (shutdown that scoring line while also producing points.) I understand Grabovski's frustration perfectly. And while it may not be "classy," I think an employee reserves the right to be pissed at his boss after he's fired.

with all due respect guys like grabovski who get paid 5.5 million dollars to play hockey, something he wasen't very good at doing towards the end of his tenure with us, should have way more class. he's not some $10 an hour employee getting fired from his job the day of his wedding. apples to apples please. even though i disliked most of the stuff burkie did here, he did say - when he was getting rid of players like antro, poni, stajan - to NOT feel sorry for these guys when they are traded or bought out. they fly first class around the world, and they make millions of dollars, it's pro sports and realistically your time eventually comes with the team you are playing for.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
blindsided? there were countless rumors online and in the press that this might happen....

Yes, I'm sure Grabo spends his spare time reading internet message boards.:laugh: And when he says blindsided he means the GM didn't give him any kind of warning like he did for Komi and the other GM's did for the players that they bought out. What media sources were claiming him to get bought out? Cause the TSN panel and others seemed pretty surprised by it as well.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
I hope our fans shows some class when Komi returns with the Canes. It would cause me pain if he was booed... Class act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad