TSN Radio Komisarek 'Never got out on right foot' Doesn't trash Leafs Management or coaches

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I am sorry anyone who bashes Komi is a pansy..

He stood up to Lucic and others when no one else would on the Leafs

He broke his arm falling in front of a slapshot

Perhaps you pansy's forgot that..

Yeah he was not great no discussion needed but he had a heart like a lion and never ever complained..

Yup. He was like that kid in gym class who sucked at sports but no one tried harder. I don't think anyone should complain when they walk away $20 million richer. Who called him a "pansy" again? can't say I've seen too many people question how tough he is.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Komisarek always seemed like one of the smarter guys in the league based on his interviews.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Grab got blindsided by his buyout. I don't blame him one bit for going off like he did. Grabo worked his ass off for this team day in day out.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It was the polite way of saying Carlyle is an idiot but yeah lol. Good luck Komi!

Ace88*

I'm just saying it's easier to go out of town quietly when you've never had any success.

Grabovski was a very successful player in his time here, who was very unceremoniously dumped after being buried by a coach who was asking for two very different things from him (shutdown that scoring line while also producing points.) I understand Grabovski's frustration perfectly. And while it may not be "classy," I think an employee reserves the right to be pissed at his boss after he's fired.

This this this. Folks, dont even try and use this interview as a way to **** on Grabo. He had every right to be pissed, and good for him for expressing it.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
Good on Komi but I think Grabo snapped at Carlyle because he actually really loved Toronto, so it hurt him more. It's just too bad he couldn't adapt to the change. :(

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I hope he does well in Carolina. I really thought he was going to turn it around this past season, I thought he played pretty decent in the first week or so.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Still frustrated about one thing: He played his best few games as a Leaf under Randy. Then he wasn't given another shot. It made no sense.

Randy is so frustrating sometimes.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
The thing about Grabo though is he was given the time in early part of the season and it wasn't working out, while Kadri was out scoring and out playing him. Kadri was promoted for his work and Grabo demoted for his. Grabo had a hard time adjusting. He didn't fit in the plans anymore and they needed the money elsewhere.

Yeah he played like a warrior in the playoffs but didn't produce anything. He was not going to be our #1C, and Kadri has claimed the #2C spot this year. Clarkson and Bozak were in the Leafs plans all along but they couldn't get them both signed and keep Grabo.

Grabo's rant against Carlyle just comes off as a petulant player who didn't get his way.

Komi could have been pissed as hell about being demoted to the AHL and the being bought even if he saw it coming but he was nothing but pure class.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Komisarek was always a classy guy. Its too bad it didn't work out, because you can't help but like the guy.

It was disappointing to hear Grabo's comments, but the situation was a little different - Grabo was suprised on his wedding day with a buy-out. If he was given a few days to simmer down, his reaction may have been different.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
He always seemed like a great dressing room personality. Seems to have a lot of leadership qualities....well-spoken, seemingly intelligent, hard worker, willing to make sacrifices, etc. etc. It's honestly just too bad he couldn't be faster on his skates. Mike Komisarek with better footspeed would be a valuable member of any hockey club.

Mr Scarface*

Even if he says he wasn't good enough or something like that, it does not mean it's true. He played some very good games with strong performances. Some were bad.

It's up to our scouts and other personel to get the correct information concerning these players. This means everything. Character, body, play, things in life, personal life, how they walk and who they talk to. Komisarek was a pretty bad deal. Our Leafs personel who work for the organization did a horrible job here. They have to be better and study many things through out. Information is the key.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He's the epitome of a stand-up guy and a pro. I really wanted to like Komisarek as a player cause he's a good dude. Just too bad he signed that ridiculous contract but that's not his fault. If someone handed you a contract and was willing to pay you $4.5 mill a year you'd sign it too (unless of course you were worth more ha ha..).

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Never hated him and never will. He's a pure class act that didn't work out here but he's an amazing guy and I'll always wish the best for him.

Maybe in the future if he gets his stuff together we can get him in a friendlier contract. It's sad though but he played pretty well in the last part of the season.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Still frustrated about one thing: He played his best few games as a Leaf under Randy. Then he wasn't given another shot. It made no sense.

Randy is so frustrating sometimes.

I don't understand this either. He only played 4 games last season and those were the 4 best games he ever had in a Leaf uniform.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
While I agree that Grabo had the right to be frustrated with getting bought out, in reality most of the blame sits with him. He was outplayed by Kadri offensively and wound up losing his spot on the second line for this reason. Grabo was given every opportunity to contribute offensively, especially early in the season but he never seemed to do anything when placed in offensive situations. It must suck to be bought out, but at least own up to the fact that the reason you lost your place with the team was that a teammate outplayed you, not because your coach sucks.

As much as I liked Grabovski, he needs to pull his head out of his behind and see that it is the coach's job to win hockey games. If Grabo is not playing well in his offensive role and someone else is, it is the coach's job to play the player who produces in the offensive role, not to stick with the guy who can't score no matter what. Caryle's goal and job is to make the playoffs, not coddle a struggling player.

wulfio*

the leafs management are prejudice against comrades. grabo has a right to be upset.

Ace88*

it is the coach's job to play the player who produces in the offensive role, not to stick with the guy who can't score no matter what.

Oh wow. seriously? do you not remember kostka on the powerplay night in and night out? Or Orr with Kadri? What about playing bozak nonstop? How about insisting on holzer instead of gardiner?

I just dont get how such a good coach can be be so dumb at the same time.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I always like Komisarek's attitude despite his mostly poor play.

If we had him for his current salary I'd love him, too bad it didn't work out but he was extremely mature throughout a difficult process.

Good for him.

Toque*

He didn't talk smack because he knows he played like poo and was overpaid.

He's laughing all the way to the bank!

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I bet David Clarkson will feel much of the same pressure. It's doubtful he has the pure skill to overcome the expectations that a contract like that brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad