Komarov possible butt-end, Pastrnak embellishes

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Bottom line is it was a blatant and idiotic cheapshot on one of Boston's best players right before playoffs start.

You don't get it. I don't care if Pasta sold it or not. I'm not calling for Komorav's head. And I don't care what you think. It's irrelevant.

I just know that if it were your star player you'd be rolling all over the pitch complaining about targeting your boy.

yeah that's not a cheap shot it's a love tap. Sorry

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Was it needed? No, Komarov getting a minor penalty would have been merited.

Pastrnak either needs to switch to soccer, or must routinely roll over on to his side as he sleeps, and breaking multiple ribs and which ever arm is under him.

Boston's announcer is just crazy in an Alex Jones kind of way.

Yikes. Wilson will have a field day with the Bruins, if this is an "incident".

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
lol at the announcer being so mad at the 2 minute penalty that he stops his rage to give out the Refs full names. I was waiting for them to give out their home addresses too.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I saw someone stabbed in the midsection and they didnt go down like that
Was embellished, I agree. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t butt-ended.

It’s impossible to know for sure, it’s very easy to disguise a butt-end. Pastrnak doesn’t have a big history of diving, he embellishes no more than the rest of the skill players in the league. I wouldn’t consider Komarov a dirty player but a pest, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did butt-end Pastrnak. But that definitely could be my Bruins bias.

I understand the embellishment by Pastrnak and the classic unhinged over reaction by Edwards takes away from anything Komarov may have done.

Pastrnak wasn’t injured from Komarov, or from his embarrassing dive, so all good with me.

Reactions: Neil Racki

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
thats true, if he was wearing a t-shirt

index.php

Yeah, it's like I mentioned earlier... those chest protectors are literally Kevlar.

You could probably take a couple rounds of NATO without injury with those things on.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
this just looks like Barzal gets crosschecked from behind? he gets up and gets in the guys face right away.... don't really see the comparison
he did do a backflip mid air, but, getting up fast is different than rolling around.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Was embellished, I agree. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t butt-ended.

It’s impossible to know for sure, it’s very easy to disguise a butt-end. Pastrnak doesn’t have a big history of diving, he embellishes no more than the rest of the skill players in the league. I wouldn’t consider Komarov a dirty player but a pest, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did butt-end Pastrnak. But that definitely could be my Bruins bias.

I understand the embellishment by Pastrnak and the classic unhinged over reaction by Edwards takes away from anything Komarov may have done.

Pastrnak wasn’t injured from Komarov, or from his embarrassing dive, so all good with me.
No,
he can be dirty ...but, he makes it look like an accident. hits from behind are common, and then he looks around like he doesnt know how it happened

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I have never seen someone ended so hard with a butt. Throw him out of the league!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Looks like he tried to knock the stick out of his hands with the butt end.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Bottom line is it was a blatant and idiotic cheapshot on one of Boston's best players right before playoffs start.

You don't get it. I don't care if Pasta sold it or not. I'm not calling for Komorav's head. And I don't care what you think. It's irrelevant.

I just know that if it were your star player you'd be rolling all over the pitch complaining about targeting your boy.

You are wrong. Sure some "fans" would but the hockey fans I know detest diving and don't pretend it's okay if it happens to be a player from their team.

btw - the pitch??? There is no "pitch" in hockey.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I'm not sure how much force was behind that but I've had this happen before and the result was a bruised kidney, pissed blood for a month and had a rough time sleeping.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I'm not sure how much force was behind that but I've had this happen before and the result was a bruised kidney, pissed blood for a month and had a rough time sleeping.
You mean after diving and rolling around, you bruised your kidney. Crap luck dude.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Don't think that will be a problem for Pasta, unless he's breastfeeding a baby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad