Komarov on pace for: 38G 61P 377 Hits

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Maybe Leafs fans are waking up to the fact that Komarov is genuinely a good player. Will not score 30 goals every season, but I think he can be a regular 20-25 goal scorer if given a chance.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He exceeds expectations if he scores 15 goals and 30 points a season, considering what else he does and what he gets paid.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Maybe Leafs fans are waking up to the fact that Komarov is genuinely a good player. Will not score 30 goals every season, but I think he can be a regular 20-25 goal scorer if given a chance.

It's the coaching staff! A bunch of us knew how good he was, but Carlyle threw him into a checking role when he was here. Babcock instead has put him into a scoring role which I think he's better suited for

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
He wasn't exactly a 4th line scrub in the KHL. He played decent minutes there and was a reasonable scorer too.

Whilst he probably is having a career year, he still contributes massively when he's not scoring. He's finally being rewarded for his efforts and he's putting up numbers that he deserves.

He's an absolute hero and there's no way we'll trade him for anything less than a daft overpayment.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

he's playing himself right into a trade at the deadline to a contender. His value is at an all-time high, it won't stay like this but I have a hard time seeing him being a Leaf past the deadline, the future assets this organization gets will be more important down the road than what Komarov can provide right now and in the next few years. Let's remember he's already 29 going onto 30. He doesn't fit the time frame of this team. Granted down the road we're going to need some vets but by the time that happens Komarov will be well past his prime.

2 more years after this at just over 3 mil per...some team is going to snatch him up. Controllable contract for a very very useful player who provides physicality on the forecheck and a net presence and obviously can put the puck in the net when given the chance. He'd be a solid addition to any contender

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
not overly talented but one of hardest workers and most noticeable players on ice in the nhl

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
And this pace is sustainable? lol

Can you find one poster that says it is? But does it need to be sustainable?

Hes already surpassed a line that justifies the amount of money hes making per year.

Komarov is one of the best locker room guys if many of his former and present team mates are to be trusted. His no-quit attitude doesn't end even if his hot streak point wise does, he'll keeps on hitting, grinding and all the other nasty stuff hes expected to do.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Having a great year, but gotta love a season projections post after someone puts up 4g and 2a in their last two games.

Komarov will cool off considerably as his 23.4% shooting percentage approaches his previous career norms of 8-10%.

Might net the Leafs something valuable though. Trade while the value is there!

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Some guys here are talking like Leo has been in the league for 10 years, was always a 3rd/4th liner, and now suddenly became good.

The thing is, he was always good, played top line minutes in the KHL

Yeah, he had a pretty bad first year in NHL production wise, but that happens a lot with players coming over from Europe.

His 2nd year, he was playing basically like he is now, and then Ovechkin hit happened.

I'am not saying that he will score 40 goals, but I will not be surprised with 30.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Some guys here are talking like Leo has been in the league for 10 years, was always a 3rd/4th liner, and now suddenly became good.

The thing is, he was always good, played top line minutes in the KHL

Yeah, he had a pretty bad first year in NHL production wise, but that happens a lot with players coming over from Europe.

His 2nd year, he was playing basically like he is now, and then Ovechkin hit happened.

I'am not saying that he will score 40 goals, but I will not be surprised with 30.

I would be extremely surprised with 30.

Third and fourth line grinders who have never put up more than 14 goals in any season of their career, in North America or Europe, don't suddenly become 20%+ shooting phenoms in the NHL in their late 20s.

Johan Franzen is probably your best hope, but I suspect his 6'4"" power forward game is more of the late developing kind.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
he's playing himself right into a trade at the deadline to a contender. His value is at an all-time high, it won't stay like this but I have a hard time seeing him being a Leaf past the deadline, the future assets this organization gets will be more important down the road than what Komarov can provide right now and in the next few years. Let's remember he's already 29 going onto 30. He doesn't fit the time frame of this team. Granted down the road we're going to need some vets but by the time that happens Komarov will be well past his prime.

My own thoughts on this is that guys like Komarov and Winnik are actually good players to have on a team that is rebuilding, not as the star players but as vets who play the game the right way. These guys don't take shifts off, will sacrifice their bodies when needed and will do all the little things a team needs of it's players to win. Guys like this are who you want as mentors for a youth movement in hopes that their energy, work habits and leadership rub off on the kids. While I agree that Komarov's value is at an all time high, unless someone really overpays for him, I think it may be best to keep him.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Having a great year, but gotta love a season projections post after someone puts up 4g and 2a in their last two games.

Komarov will cool off considerably as his 23.4% shooting percentage approaches his previous career norms of 8-10%.

Might net the Leafs something valuable though. Trade while the value is there!

11G 19P in his last 22GP if you rather

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I am glad hes playing well.

No, the Leafs arent going to be able to pawn him off for anything worthwhile.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Yeah because there are no leaf fans who could see how great of a player he was, and even go to lengths of defending him and changing their username to them over a year ago...

If anything, it was the other teams fans telling us we've signed a plug 4th liner for 3rd liner money.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Points (almost) never come as a steady flow. Usually its some games with zero then few better games. Last 5 games is never a projection, half season projection actually would be a solid projection.

Oh wait, we are soon at half season. :)

moonbal

Apr 29, 2013
Pillsbury Toronto

what are you talking about, leaf fans were sad when he didn't re-sign with the team back in 2013 and ecstatic when he came back

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Third and fourth line grinders who have never put up more than 14 goals in any season of their career, in North America or Europe, don't suddenly become 20%+ shooting phenoms in the NHL in their late 20s.

It's an individual thing, tho. Komarov was a talented grinder when he entered FEL but his coaches were always saying that with his skill level and hockey brain he could be much more. Over the years he started to believe it too and you can see by his career numbers how he has become more and more offensive minded.

So I don't think you're quite right about him. Of course he's not going to score 30 goals a year for the rest of his career but he's not the grinder you picture him to be. He's a decent do-it-all middle six forward with good hockey IQ and enough skills to chip in offensively. And right now he's on fire.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I would be extremely surprised with 30.

Johan Franzen is probably your best hope, but I suspect his 6'4"" power forward game is more of the late developing kind.

Nik Kulemin says hi.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
My own thoughts on this is that guys like Komarov and Winnik are actually good players to have on a team that is rebuilding, not as the star players but as vets who play the game the right way. These guys don't take shifts off, will sacrifice their bodies when needed and will do all the little things a team needs of it's players to win. Guys like this are who you want as mentors for a youth movement in hopes that their energy, work habits and leadership rub off on the kids. While I agree that Komarov's value is at an all time high, unless someone really overpays for him, I think it may be best to keep him.

I'm with the saviour.

I would trade a lot of players before Leo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad