Komarov on pace for: 38G 61P 377 Hits

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
David Clarkson scored 30 goals in an 82 game season once. Congrats to Leo on his 13 goals in 31 game start but he's still Leo Komarov at the end of the day. A guy with 25 career goals in the NHL at age 28... Maybe he could be 3rd line on a good team but he's not worth breaking the bank over. On a bad team, there's always gonna be some guy who gets some goals. Right now, it happens to be Komarov.

Yeah. That's largely my point. I would love to see him emerge as 30+ goalscorer in the NHL but I just don't see it happening. Maybe he even hits 30 this year. But I would not count on it. From Leafs POV, Komarov is bringing more value on the ice than he ever would in any offer sheet.

I could see some contending team wanting him at the end of the trade deadline. But even that's going to be special condition with likely involving injuries to contending teams player(s).

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Babcock works better with players that arent super duper stars.

Komarov

but with how the nhl detects hit nowadays is around 400 hits even anything? I havent seen anything big, but i havent been looking for big hits. Good for Komarov, but this really isnt anything outstanding. Good for the leaf fans that they have the next Clarkson for some team if they want him.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Babcock works better with players that arent super duper stars.

Komarov

but with how the nhl detects hit nowadays is around 400 hits even anything? I havent seen anything big, but i havent been looking for big hits. Good for Komarov, but this really isnt anything outstanding. Good for the leaf fans that they have the next Clarkson for some team if they want him.

Do you consider Dats and Z, to be stars?
I certainly do.

Babcock is entering a different realm:
D members who are mobile and young
Young skilled players, some maybe stars, coming soon.

I have confidence in his ability to work with these players, like in Spokane.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If you think players fetch a fortune at the TDL, you're wrong. In 2014, the Kings traded Frattin, a 2nd and a 3rd for Gaborik. Of course a 2nd alone probably isn't enough to get Komarov but packed with other stuff like a prospect or a roster player it could be enough IMO.

we don't care what he would fetch(unless it's something we can't say no to which he wouldn't fetch). He's the type of player you hold onto to teach the young guys.

I understand what other teams might or might not trade(though he's sign for 2 more years and not a UFA so that's a plus), but for what pretty much anyone would trade for him, wouldn't make sense for the Leafs, he's too valuable to keep around, the exact type of player you want around the young guys, regardless of if he's putting up an unsustainable 30 goals or 3 goals per year.

the Leafs don't exist to trade their players for whatever the best offer is. If the best offer isn't good enough in the Leafs mind which is likely won't be then they will not be traded. Komarov should not be traded.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
What's up with this Estonian troll? :laugh:

Really happy to see Komarov getting goals in. He's so used to playing the rough style and not focusing on offense that it must feel awesome to have some offensive output. Not only some, dude is tied for 10th in goals!! :amazed:

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014

only three players last season with 300+ hits.. And only Martin came close to 400 with 382 hits. Clutterbuck with 343, Orpik with 306.

so getting close is something.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Why detroit always found great players from low draft picks?

Babcock?

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Great fans, you deserve players like this who play out of their mind and hopefully this is a sign of what is to come.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Everything works for Leo Komarov right now. Makes me happy for some reason. I like his kind of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad