Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I just see it as a selfish dick move and trying to make it about him in some way when this isn't about him. Its about a great player finally over due calling it quits. I get he's the most marketable guy in the league today and all but he's had his time for the last decade and atleast for the next half decade he will still have it.

Again if you look up what he actually said, rather than just going off the ticker on ESPN and deciding he was whining, you'll see that he went on in great length about how he idolized Kobe growing up, how Kobe inspired him and motivated him and that he grew up wanting to be like Kobe.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Was never a big fan of his but I respect his talent and accomplishments. He's one of the best ever.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Who was going to score when the defence was all over him? Horry?

Are we going to pretend that Shaq couldn't have scored more if he was fed the ball more than he was with Kobe out there chucking? That man was unstoppable. Are we also going to pretend that the Lakers wouldn't go out and get some other star player without Kobe on the cap?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Just after he won a championship and averaged 27/5.4/5 ?

Yes. He could have gone out on top. Looking back he probably wishes he had done that because its been pretty brutal since then. Of rather go out still at my best then going where he is now. Its embarrassing. I wouldn't bash him if he said around Christmas time that I'm retiring now instead of in April. He can barely make a basket at this point. Its painful to watch. He was always a selfish guy though. Money has driven him to hang around even til now. He's not worth what he's making today.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Who was going to score when the defence was all over him? Horry?

As much as that is supposed to be a joke Horry did have a few big moments in his career but they could have just got another guy who can shoot. There are plenty of shooters and there were then. Multiple guys on Shaq...a guy wide open. If he is a great shooter there's no way that team would be stopped. Imagine if Shaq and Reggie Miller were on the same team? Oh boy.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yes. He could have gone out on top. Looking back he probably wishes he had done that because its been pretty brutal since then. Of rather go out still at my best then going where he is now. Its embarrassing. I wouldn't bash him if he said around Christmas time that I'm retiring now instead of in April. He can barely make a basket at this point. Its painful to watch. He was always a selfish guy though. Money has driven him to hang around even til now. He's not worth what he's making today.

It's easy to say you'd leave millions and millions and millions and millions of dollars playing a sport you love when you don't actually have to make that decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad