Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Please allow me, a casual NBA follower at best, a perhaps stupid question: If you owned a franchise, would you rather draft Bryant than Tim Duncan?

Gruß,
BSHH

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Most overrated player ever.

Please allow me, a casual NBA follower at best, a perhaps stupid question: If you owned a franchise, would you rather draft Bryant than Tim Duncan?

Gruß,
BSHH

Duncan and its not even close for me.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So the issue here is what exactly lol?

Generous of Kobe to give Philly a win.

Simple.

Players running the league. In any other sport this wouldn't be said because players can't dictate what really goes down. Where as in this league they surely for the most part can. Eric Spolestra is hardly a good coach. Same for Blatt. If you don't think stupid James runs that team now or ran those Heat teams you're insane.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Still don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

God people on here are mostly dense. Its simple...

Its not like for example when Peyton Manning retires that Aaron Rodgers is gunna come out and say "I wish I could have played Manning in the SB." Yeah he might think that but surely wouldn't say that publicly.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
God people on here are mostly dense. Its simple...

Its not like for example when Peyton Manning retires that Aaron Rodgers is gunna come out and say "I wish I could have played Manning in the SB." Yeah he might think that but surely wouldn't say that publicly.
You're criticizing LeBron for saying he wishes he could've played Kobe in the finals. Yeah, we're the dense ones :laugh:. I don't know why that's a problem or why Aaron Rodgers saying that would be a problem.

Ever notice how your posts are often **** on and not many people tend to agree with you? Might want to think about that before going around and calling others dense again.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
The NBA is very superstar driven league, that isn't really news to anyone.

I'm still failing to see the problem with LeBron saying he would have liked to play Kobe in the NBA finals. They're two of the greatest to ever play the game, of course LeBron would have liked the opportunity to go up against another one of the greats, he's a competitor and it would have been a great challenge to him, and it would have been a great spectacle to see two arguably top ten talents ever go against each other.

Your explanation for why this wouldn't happen in other leagues is because the players can't dictate what goes down, yeah the big name players have a lot of power in the NBA, but what on earth does that have to do with LeBron saying he wishes he could have played Kobe in the finals? it's not like he gets to dictate finals matchups lol. If he had that type of power he could have orchestrated a LeBron/Kobe finals.

Look at the type of stuff he actually said

"I didn't hold up my end of the bargain in 2009 for the fans, for us, to meet in the Finals,"

"I know the world wanted to see it. I wanted it, we wanted it. He held up his end and I didn't hold up my end, and I hate that. I hate that that didn't happen."

Oh no, LeBron wishes he made the finals when he didn't, what an egotistical maniac. The NBA is going down the drain.

What a disgusting league we have today when LeBron is disappointed that he didn't make the finals and missed the opportunity to face off against a player he grew up idolizing.

He basically went in great detail about how Kobe inspired him and motivated him and that he basically revered Kobe, but yeah he was just "whining" that they never met in the finals lol.

Last edited:

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
99% of his posts are intentionally antagonistic.
I can't be the only one who has picked up on that.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
99% of his posts are intentionally antagonistic.
I can't be the only one who has picked up on that.

He is always against the grain, kind of like our favorite ESPN host Skip B, but without a nice paycheck that comes with working on ESPN.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Starting tickets for the final home game are almost at 500$, hot damn! Thankfully I got a decent pair of tickets for January against the Kings in the lower bowl, section 18 I think.

I can imagine the prices already for when they retire his number, all of Hollywood will show up I bet.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The NBA is very superstar driven league, that isn't really news to anyone.

I'm still failing to see the problem with LeBron saying he would have liked to play Kobe in the NBA finals. They're two of the greatest to ever play the game, of course LeBron would have liked the opportunity to go up against another one of the greats, he's a competitor and it would have been a great challenge to him, and it would have been a great spectacle to see two arguably top ten talents ever go against each other.

Your explanation for why this wouldn't happen in other leagues is because the players can't dictate what goes down, yeah the big name players have a lot of power in the NBA, but what on earth does that have to do with LeBron saying he wishes he could have played Kobe in the finals? it's not like he gets to dictate finals matchups lol. If he had that type of power he could have orchestrated a LeBron/Kobe finals.

Look at the type of stuff he actually said

Oh no, LeBron wishes he made the finals when he didn't, what an egotistical maniac. The NBA is going down the drain.

What a disgusting league we have today when LeBron is disappointed that he didn't make the finals and missed the opportunity to face off against a player he grew up idolizing.

He basically went in great detail about how Kobe inspired him and motivated him and that he basically revered Kobe, but yeah he was just "whining" that they never met in the finals lol.

I just see it as a selfish dick move and trying to make it about him in some way when this isn't about him. Its about a great player finally over due calling it quits. I get he's the most marketable guy in the league today and all but he's had his time for the last decade and atleast for the next half decade he will still have it.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Starting tickets for the final home game are almost at 500$, hot damn! Thankfully I got a decent pair of tickets for January against the Kings in the lower bowl, section 18 I think.

I can imagine the prices already for when they retire his number, all of Hollywood will show up I bet.

Bold prediction(although maybe wouldn't be too shocking) he doesn't even play in that game because he's injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad