Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season

Sep 19, 2008
Even those of us who don't seriously follow the NBA know that the guy's been off his game for several years now. Sadly this had to happen

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Part of thinks it's about time, he's been losing it for years. The other part thinks it's a shame cause the Kobe egotistical drama made all the ABC, TNT, ESPN Laker games worth watching.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It's definitely stunk into a you left it too long Kobe thing. But the team around him is ****ing garbage, if he actually had some decent pieces next to him then maybe it wouldn't be quite the laugh it has deteriorated into.

But then if he wanted that to be the case, he could have helped himself a bit there too.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Wasn't Bryant playing pretty well before injuries got him?

he put up 31/11/12 a year ago almost to the day. can't think of anyone aside from MJ, Malone, and KAJ that could do that in their 19th season.

injuries and all that mileage has finally caught up to him. his body is broken and he just can't keep up with today's stars. it'll be a sad day when he hangs them up for good.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
First ballot hall of famer. Jersey retirement next year.

It's kinda interesting, would you retire 8 or 24?

I bought tickets before the season for a Knicks/Lakers game with the thought to see Kobe in person before he were to possibly retire. Now that it's (likely) definite, I'm debating getting tix to take my Dad for a game in January.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's kinda interesting, would you retire 8 or 24?

I bought tickets before the season for a Knicks/Lakers game with the thought to see Kobe in person before he were to possibly retire. Now that it's (likely) definite, I'm debating getting tix to take my Dad for a game in January.

unofficially retire 8

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I like how he pretends he is walking away from the game as if he wasn't going to be forced into retirement when nobody would agree to sign him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I like how he pretends he is walking away from the game as if he wasn't going to be forced into retirement when nobody would agree to sign him.

if he was to become a FA after this season, every team would be lining up to sign him. don't kid yourself

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
It's definitely stunk into a you left it too long Kobe thing. But the team around him is ****ing garbage, if he actually had some decent pieces next to him then maybe it wouldn't be quite the laugh it has deteriorated into.

But then if he wanted that to be the case, he could have helped himself a bit there too.

While the team is garbage, he's probably the worst of the bunch.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
I'll be going to a game this season, sad it will be the last time seeing him live on the court, but time beats everyone, there's no escaping it plus the injuries and his time is up. I'm not asking for a great game from him, just one more moment of greatness.

20 years of playing kind of makes you take him for granted, but now that it will officially be over, it starts to settle in even if you knew it had to happen to move forward with the team, whatever that direction is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad