Knights (K)News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
He can't go anywhere else. As a defected prospect due to the lack of a transfer agreement between the NHL and Russia, his rights are held by the Knights even after hitting the normal UFA age like Shiphimbackout did. The only advantage of waiting until then is that he can sign for any dollar amount and isn't constrained by entry level contract limits.
There has to be a point in time when he is free, correct? Kovalchuk was able to sign with anyone when he decided to come back.

I hope he decided to play here. He could very well be another expansion draft steal like Theodore, Karlsson and Tuch.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not really news, but something I noticed while checking some stats. Riley Smith his going to have a great year next year if shooting % is to be believed. It seems to alternate from around 8-9% to 13-14% like clockwork every season. It's kind weird looking at it.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LeBrun: How Vegas could be a thorn in the side of Seattle...

Paywall. GMGM with a few comments on Seattle's expansion draft and how things could be different. LeBrun confirmed with league there are no rules on bonafide hockey trades (so a team might be able to get something for an asset rather than nothing) as VGK is exempt from expansion draft.

Also, should Seattle ask for permission to talk to McCrimmon about GM job, McPhee won't stand in the way.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
There has to be a point in time when he is free, correct? Kovalchuk was able to sign with anyone when he decided to come back.

I hope he decided to play here. He could very well be another expansion draft steal like Theodore, Karlsson and Tuch.
Kovalchuk was free to sign anywhere because he had already played in the NHL. Because there is no transfer agreement between the NHL and Russia, Gusev will be Vegas property until they trade him.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Kovy RETIRED from the NHL and didn't come back until he was of UFA age, so could sign with any team. (Had he come back in 17-18, he'd have to "sign" with NJD or go through return-from-Europe waivers.)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don’t like this player specific goal song meme.

Hawks did it for a while prior to Chelsea Dagger and it was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad