Knights (K)News

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Coach Gerard Gallant said had it not been for some unsteady play in the third period in both games in New York and down the stretch Thursday in Boston, the talk would be about a nine-game winning streak going into Monday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs instead of having discussed snapping a three-game losing streak.
“We’ve played pretty well save for a few minutes in the third period,” Gallant said. “But we’re a good hockey team. We’re not thinking we’re an expansion team.”

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-inside-matt-duchene-kyle-turris-blockbuster/

A few points from Freidman's weekly 31 thoughts on VGK
On expansion teams, there are a lot of guys who meet each other for the first time. So, Nate Schmidt, is there someone you didn’t like playing against who you really enjoy sharing a dressing room with?

“You know what? David Perron,” he answered with a laugh. “Hard to play against, and while he doesn’t say much, he’s got this sly way of talking at you. Couldn’t stand it before, great guy now.”

Also compliments on team playing like it's the playoffs.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Also compliments on team playing like it's the playoffs.
For an expansion team to make the playoffs IS like winning a trophy. Call it the Expansion Cup (The Blues trophy, since they did it in their first three seasons - and they had the benefit of an easier 'expansion division').

If the first major pro team in Vegas makes the playoffs I bet you it'll make the cover of SI:

april-7-1969-sports-illustrated-cover-hockey-portrait-of-st-louis-picture-id81372721

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I like that the French-speaking players decided among themselves to speak only English in the locker room so none of the other players would feel left out of any conversations.

Cool thing to do, and a sign of how well this team has come together, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad