KLLR's GM Game version deux (Coyotes remaining)

• Thread starter KesselLooksLikeRadar*
  • Start date

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
huberdeau isn't a prospect either to me, I just didn't mention that.

Nyquist and Huberdeau didn't even play in the same year in their junior career, but I'd say it's harder to put up a PPG pace in the AHL then the OHL, still not really comparing that. Huberdeau has put up 1 season in the NHL, exclusively playing on the 1st line. Nyquist has played mostly on the 3rd/4th lines for DET.

HF's stats don't really mean a lot - Toffoli is arguably as good as Kuznetsov, Lazar is arguably as good as Monahan. Budish sucks compared to Nichuskin, I'll give you that.

Never be more than a 3rd liner =/= good 3rd liner. My 3rd line has a much better mixture of scoring and defense, Horvat is pretty much the best defensive forward in the OHL right now. Just overall, I have better defensive forwards, and still a good dcorp. And in no way does Jones - Nurse beat Mcllrath - Smith. Mcllrath is so underrated lol.

How do you even function as a human being?

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
FORWARDS
Nazem Kadri ($1.720m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Mark Scheifele ($1.563m) / Jakob Silfverberg
Olli Jokinen ($4.500m) / Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Nik Antropov ($4.063m) / Victor Rask ($0.863m) / Zac Dalpe ($0.875m)
Kyle Wellwood ($1.600m) / Jim Slater ($1.600m) / Mike Santorelli ($1.600m)
Chris Thorburn ($0.867m) / James Wright ($0.650m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m) / Morgan Rielly ($1.744m)
Nikita Zadarov / Torey Krug ($1.704m)
Ryan Pulock / Paul Postma ($0.550m)
Ron Hainsey ($4.500m) / Jamie McBain ($1.800m)
Mark Stuart ($1.700m) /
GOALTENDERS
Malcolm Subban ($1.494m)
Ondrej Pavelec ($3.900m)
Al Montoya ($0.601m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.870% of upper limit)
Evander Kane ($1.313m—25.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,616,000; BONUSES: $4,117,500
CAP SPACE (27-man roster): $18,701,500

Vote :jets, we have Well balanced offense for NOW and the FUTURE! not to mention JVR and Wheeler are still pretty young. Jokinen , antropov bring experience. 6 GREAT young defence and who doesnt love Hamilton - Reilly... Pavelec is a great mentor for our future starter Malcolm Subban

This is an update , switch Silfverberg with Tatar and Tatar with Ladd pretty much..

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
for ****s sake

send me in votes

only have 4 for the 3rd round of RBC (need at least 1 more)

7 for 2nd round of SCF (need at least 3 more)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Western Conference Rebuilding Cup 3rd Round Results

5 :wild vs. :hawks 1

Eastern Conference Rebuilding Cup 3rd Round Results

5 Quebec Nordiques vs. :jets 1

Rebuilding Cup Finals Match-up

Quebec Nordiques vs. :wild

Send me your votes for the final round of the Rebuilding Cup Playoffs!

I'm also now accepting votes for the Produce Cup Champion! Send me a list of the 3 GMs you felt did the best job in this game in order! After 10 votes, those results will be posted.

Really need votes for both of these.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Vote LA over Vancouver!!!

We are an underdog and everyone likes underdogs... Right?

Vote :kings because I said so

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Western Conference Stanley Cup 2nd Round Results

10 :nucks vs. :kings 0

9 :avs vs. :sharks 1

Eastern Conference Stanley Cup 2nd Round Results

10 :pens vs. :sens 0

7 :habs vs. :canes 3

Western Conference Stanley Cup 3rd Round Match-up

:nucks vs. :avs

Eastern Conference Stanley Cup 3rd Round Match-up

:pens vs. :habs

Send me your votes for the 3rd round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Vote LA over Vancouver!!!

We are an underdog and everyone likes underdogs... Right?

Vote :kings because I said so

Bad timing. :laugh:

Nothing to hang your head over though, Vancouver looks unstoppable.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Damnit I was out all day.

Oh well good luck to Produce in the next round as he continues his perennial reign of GM league dominance.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Will make my vote public because I am lazy and tired

Cup final will be :nucks vs :pens

Nothing against you LT, his team is sex.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
colorado_avalanche.jpg

The Colorado Avalanche
GM: LatvianTwist

[FIELDSET=Your 2013-2014 Colorado Avalanche]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / Michael Grabner ($3.000m)
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($5.795m—25.0%) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Chris Kelly ($2.250m—25.0%) / Jamie McGinn ($1.750m)
Adam Burish ($1.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Brad Richardson ($1.175m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Matt Carle ($4.125m—25.0%) / Travis Hamonic ($0.875m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Radko Gudas ($0.992m)
/ Tom Gilbert ($3.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Semyon Varlamov ($2.833m)
Ben Bishop ($2.300m)

------

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.157% of upper limit)
Jan Hejda ($0.813m—25.0%)*

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,349,621; BONUSES: $2,650,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,500,379

[/fieldset]

Very happy with how my team turned out. A near elite top 6 along with a great, solid top 4, we've also got the depth to compete with anyone.

Vote for :avs over :nucks!

At first glance, this looks as though it should be Vancouver in a landslide. But let's stop and take a second to really analyze both teams. We'll start with the first lines:

Hall - Duchene - Grabner

vs.

Sedin - Sedin - Carter

Vancouver has a ridiculously talented 1st line, one that can score goals like crazy. But all 3 players are quite one-dimensional, not being able to do much besides generate offense. None are particularly good defensively, nor are they physical, and outside of their talent in the offensive zone, they simply don't have many other assets. You look at Colorado's 1st line and you see a line that can do literally anything - hit, score, defend, or simply out-skate their opponents. The speed on this line is unbelievable - all 3 could be argued as one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and here they are, on a line together. All of them have a bit of a physical edge to their game, are only small downgrades offensively compared to their counterparts in Vancouver, and are lightyears ahead in terms of defensive and skating ability. It's hard to pick against Colorado here.

Moving on to our 2nd lines...

Landeskog - Lecavalier - Parenteau

vs.

Sharp - Kesler - Brown

Again, at first glance, Vancouver runs away with this. Both of these lines are big mash-ups, with Colorado's having a bit more chemistry than Vancouver's. But just how good are the players that make up Vancouver's 2nd line? Sharp isn't much of a producer - more of a dirty goal scorer who has to work for his goals. His point totals are really held up by playing on such a talented team with the likes of Toews, Kane, and Hossa - all of which are leagues ahead of Kesler and Brown. Don't get me wrong, they're great players, but their not producers - they don't create much offense on their own. Brown is nothing more than a 60 point scorer in a good year, and Kesler's reputation is still riding off of one productive year, which he's shown no indications of repeating. Colorado, however, has one of the brightest young wingers in the league in Landeskog, another piece of the Avalanche who is truly the complete package - he can hit, score, defend, lead, literally anything you ask him to do. Lecavalier may not be the sexiest #2 center, but he was at one point the face of the NHL - a consistent 50 goal, 100 point producer. While injuries have derailed that, he's still insanely talented and good for 60-70 points. Being separated from St. Louis hasn't helped either, but Parenteau is just one step down from St. Louis when it comes to playmaking wingers. Add in Landeskog cleaning up their mistakes defensively and you could remake an amazingly dynamic duo that will paralyze defenses and score almost at will.

Comparing Bottom 6's, it's the same story...

Andrew Ladd - Chris Kelly - Jamie McGinn
Adam Burish - Paul Gaustad - Brad Richardson

vs.

Alexandre Burrows - Martin Hanzal - Bryan Little
Chris Higgins - Maxim Lapierre - Erik Condra

Ladd is a PPG top line winger who can lead, hit, and play amazing defense. And he's playing on the 3rd line here in Colorado. If that doesn't speak to how deep this team is, I don't know what will. Kelly is an elite 3rd line center, and Jamie McGinn is another budding young winger who belongs in the top 6 if it wasn't for the crazy depth in Denver. Gaustad is a great 3rd line center playing on the 4th line, while Richardson is another do-it-all type players who gives his heart and soul every shift. Burish can provide some offense and defense, as well as being another elite face-off man, while gooning it up and keeping our stars safe. Vancouver has some great depth as well, as seen by their 3rd line of Burrows - Hanzal - Little, but outside of Hanzal, they aren't really suited for bottom 6 duty. Burrows can be agressive and is good offensively, but he's not exactly solid defensively, nor is Little. Hanzal is great, but he can't clean up everything on his own, especially against a team with the depth and offense like Colorado. Lapierre is just a straight d-bag :laugh: and Higgins is great, but he can't carry the line like he'd have to.

The defense is what's gonna win the series though:

Smid - Voynov
Carle - Hamonic
Ballard - Gudas

vs.

Alexander Edler - Dan Hamhuis
Zach Bogosian - Kevin Bieksa
Jason Garrison - Carl Gunnarsson

Edler and Hamhuis make up an amazing pairing - but so do Smid and Voynov. Voynov is one of the brightest young stars in the NHL, a legit #1 defender already if you ask me. Smid is also one of the premier defensive studs in the NHL. Add that to Hamonic and Carle, a pairing that can do just about anything with Hamonic's ability to completely isolate even the best of players from the game and Carle's offensive drive, and you've got a crazy deep top 4. Ballard is also a very underrated defender who simply wasn't working out in Vancouver, but we think he could re-find his game here in Denver and revert to being a 30+ point defender while playing great defense and logging 20+ minutes a night. Gudas is a physical beast, one who'll be dominant all over the ice within the next few years. Vancouver's defense can speak for itself - although it looks great on paper, it lacks the speed and physicality that is needed to shut down Colorado's dynamic offense. I foresee many breakthroughs and odd man rushes in Colorado's favor, while Vancouver struggles to break through our defensive lines.

And obviously, the most important part of each team, the Goaltenders...

Semyon Varlamov
Ben Bishop

vs.

Roberto Luongo
James Reimer

Varlamov is a very underrated goaltender. He has a ridiculous amount of talent, probably one of the 10 most purely talented goaltenders in the league. He also showed his ability to take over a series - and keep that going throughout the playoffs - while he was a part of the Capitals' organization. We feel that we can expect that from him as he has done all throughout these playoffs, and that his raw talent will beat out the aging veteran Luongo. Roberto is a great goalie in his own, but the pressure of Vancouver and so many extra playoff games have to be wearing on him, and his collapse looks to be occurring sooner than later. Age really is a huge factor for goaltenders, and this match-up is no different - that's why Varlamov will emerge on top.

So I really just wrote all that... :laugh:

Vote for :avs!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
vote for me cuz Foxes is cute as hell too

<---

sooo kyoot

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
[FIELDSET=Your 2013-14 President's Trophy Winning Vancouver Canucks]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin / Henrik Sedin / Jeff Carter
Patrick Sharp / Ryan Kesler / Dustin Brown
Alexandre Burrows / Martin Hanzal / Bryan Little
Chris Higgins / Maxim Lapierre / Erik Condra

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler / Dan Hamhuis
Zach Bogosian / Kevin Bieksa
Jason Garrison / Carl Gunnarsson

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo
James Reimer
------

CAP PAYROLL: $69,566,079
CAP SPACE: $633,921
[/fieldset]

VOTE :nucks

We would like the thank to Los Angeles Kings for a terrific series. With their goaltending and defense, they will be a perennial threat in the West for years to come.

We would like to congratulate our opponents, the Colorado Avalanche for their ascent from being a lottery team, to a team that is a series away from playing for the Stanley Cup. It is a remarkable turnaround, and the Avalanche management and organization should be proud of everything they have achieved.

We will continue to take no match up lightly, and understand the threat that is in front of us. And as stirring as LT's speech is, rather then rebutt, we hope our roster speaks for itself. We wish the Avalanche, Penguins and Canadiens luck as it boils down to the final four!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:avs

One other thing - look at how young my entire roster is. Outside of 2 or 3 players, everyone on my team is only going to get better. Vancouver, on the other hand, is gonna be done with contending after a year or two, while Colorado will only be getting stronger.

Just another thing to think about. ;)

Best of luck to all - we've got 4 great teams left and all 4 deserve to win the Cup equally.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
:avs

One other thing - look at how young my entire roster is. Outside of 2 or 3 players, everyone on my team is only going to get better. Vancouver, on the other hand, is gonna be done with contending after a year or two, while Colorado will only be getting stronger.

Just another thing to think about. ;)

Best of luck to all - we've got 4 great teams left and all 4 deserve to win the Cup equally.

Notable Players 30 and under:

- Ryan Kesler
- Jeff Carter
- Dustin Brown
- Alex Edler
- Dan Hamhuis
- Zach Bogosian
- Bryan Little
- Chris Higgins
- Jason Garrison
- Martin Hanzal
- James Reimer
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Max Lapierre
- Erik Condra

Plus young guns like Riley Sheahan, Brendan Gaunce and Philip Danault in the minors.

I'm all for gamesmanship, but let's make sure we can back up our claims with facts :)

Edit: Colorado will have a better future with literally zero draft picks from now until the year 2020 :amazed:? (see: Taylor Hall deal). It will be quite the competition to see who between Chris Kelly or Paul Gaustad takes the reigns of second line center when Vinny hangs them up! I vote for Goose!

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Notable Players 30 and under:

- Ryan Kesler
- Jeff Carter
- Dustin Brown
- Alex Edler
- Dan Hamhuis
- Zach Bogosian
- Bryan Little
- Chris Higgins
- Jason Garrison
- Martin Hanzal
- James Reimer
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Max Lapierre
- Erik Condra

Plus young guns like Riley Sheahan, Brendan Gaunce and Philip Danault in the minors.

I'm all for gamesmanship, but let's make sure we can back up our claims with facts :)

Edit: Colorado will have a better future with literally zero draft picks from now until the year 2020 :amazed:? (see: Taylor Hall deal). It will be quite the competition to see who between Chris Kelly or Paul Gaustad takes the reigns of second line center when Vinny hangs them up! I vote for Goose!

:laugh:

We'll find a way. ;)

Also, honestly didn't know about half of those players were under 30 (although plenty are quite close). It's late and I didn't wanna look up every player's age. Most of our core pieces are significantly younger than yours though, and those are the pieces that matter.

BigBenSF*

VOTE :pens

[FIELDSET="The 2013-14 Pittsburgh Penguins"]
extralarge.png

Chris Kunitz / Sidney Crosby / Rick Nash
Jeff Skinner / Ryan Nugent-Hopkins / James Neal
Devin Setoguchi / Derrick Brassard / Pascal Dupuis
Matt Cooke / Joe Vitale / Jason Chimera
Jussi Jokinen

Brent Seabrook / Karl Alzner
Brooks Orpik / Paul Martin
Michael Del Zotto / Luca Sbisa

Sergei Bobrovsky
Eric Hartzell
[/FIELDSET]

WHY VOTE :pens?

We believe we have the best offense in the league, bar none. Our first line is centered by the best player in the world, Sidney Crosby. Pair him up with his triggerman Chris Kunitz (who finished 7th in the scoring race this year) and 5 time All-Star and Rocket Richard winner Rick Nash, and you have a recipe for success. We believe that we have the best second line in the league. We have one of the best young players in the NHL in Ryan Nugent-Hopkins centering our line. On the left side is Jeff Skinner, a Calder Trophy winner just two years ago and the youngest player ever to be named to an all-star team in any major sport. James Neal has one of the best wrist shots in the league and will thrive with a playmaking center. Our third line is stacked. All three of these players could fit on most teams top 6. Devin Setoguchi is a former 30 goal scorer who will be a sure bet to pickup 20 goals this year. Derick Brassard looked stellar after being traded to the Rangers this year, and we hope that putting him in a winning environment like Pittsburgh will do him well. Pascal Dupuis led the league in +/- and was seventh in even strength goals this year. His speed and shot will make him a threat anytime he's on the ice. Our fourth line is speedy and dangerous. Matt Cooke may be most well known for his physical play, but he is also a quick player who can get pucks to the net. Joe Vitale is a little ball of energy. Beloved by almost all Pens fans, Joe will throw the body at anyone and anything. Jason Chimera is known for his speedy kind of play, and also can get the puck in the net. Jussi Jokinen is a healthy scratch for now, but he is a guy who can come in and create a mismatch against some teams.

Our defense is something we take pride in. Originally a complete ****show, we now have 3 great lines that could go up against anyone. Our first line features an elite defensive defenseman in Karl Alzner and a clutch two-way man in Brent Seabrook. We kept the successful pairing of Paul Martin and Brooks Orpik on our second line. Martin had a tremendous comeback after his woeful 11-12 campaign, quickly returning to his form in the past and even exceeding it. Brooks Orpik has struggled the past two seasons, except when he is paired with Martin, as the two compliment each other perfectly. Our bottom pairing are two young players with great potential. Luca Sbisa is a young gun with great offensive upside and good defensive potential. Michael Del Zotto is a great offensive defenseman who was showcased on one of the best defenses in the league in the New York Rangers. The combination of these players will make it very hard to get to the net. Speaking of the net...

Our goaltending features none other than 2012-13 Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky. After having to almost carry the Jackets single-handily, Bob will have the comfort of playing for a better roster. If he somehow fails, Eric Hartzell is a young goalie with starting potential who could, in my opinion, easily teak over the reins.

We believe that this is the best team in the league. Vote for Pittsburgh!

VOTE :pens

Noah has done a fantastic job with the Canadiebs and built them into an allstar team that will be a threat for years to come. That being said, we feel that we have the advantage in offense, defense, and goaltending. We both have massive star power but we think that our depth will be the key to this series. The Penguins would like to wish Noah and the Canadiens the best of luck in this series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
montreal-canadiens-world-sunn-image-forum-261197.jpg

The Montreal Canadiens

[FIELDSET=Your 2013-2014 Montreal Canadiens]
C: Brian Gionta
A: Andrei Markov
A: Josh Gorges

A: Tomas Plekanec

extralarge.png

FORWARDS

Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Jonathan Toews ($4.725m—25.0%) / Jason Pominville ($3.379m—25.0%)
Tomas Fleischmann ($3.375m—25.0%) / David Krejci ($3.938m—25.0%) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Marcel Goc ($1.700m) / Tomas Kopecky ($2.250m—25.0%)
Nick Spaling ($0.788m) / Kyle Chipchura ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Duncan Keith ($4.154m—25.0%) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Clayton Stoner ($0.788m—25.0%) /

GOALTENDERS

Pekka Rinne ($5.250m—25.0%)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,828,929; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $371,071
[/fieldset]

VOTE :habs

Aug 11, 2012
colorado_avalanche.jpg

The Colorado Avalanche
GM: LatvianTwist

[FIELDSET=Your 2013-2014 Colorado Avalanche]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / Michael Grabner ($3.000m)
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($5.795m—25.0%) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Chris Kelly ($2.250m—25.0%) / Jamie McGinn ($1.750m)
Adam Burish ($1.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Brad Richardson ($1.175m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Matt Carle ($4.125m—25.0%) / Travis Hamonic ($0.875m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Radko Gudas ($0.992m)
/ Tom Gilbert ($3.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Semyon Varlamov ($2.833m)
Ben Bishop ($2.300m)

------

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.157% of upper limit)
Jan Hejda ($0.813m—25.0%)*

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,349,621; BONUSES: $2,650,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,500,379

[/fieldset]

Very happy with how my team turned out. A near elite top 6 along with a great, solid top 4, we've also got the depth to compete with anyone.

Vote for :avs over :nucks!

At first glance, this looks as though it should be Vancouver in a landslide. But let's stop and take a second to really analyze both teams. We'll start with the first lines:

Hall - Duchene - Grabner

vs.

Sedin - Sedin - Carter

Vancouver has a ridiculously talented 1st line, one that can score goals like crazy. But all 3 players are quite one-dimensional, not being able to do much besides generate offense. None are particularly good defensively, nor are they physical, and outside of their talent in the offensive zone, they simply don't have many other assets. You look at Colorado's 1st line and you see a line that can do literally anything - hit, score, defend, or simply out-skate their opponents. The speed on this line is unbelievable - all 3 could be argued as one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and here they are, on a line together. All of them have a bit of a physical edge to their game, are only small downgrades offensively compared to their counterparts in Vancouver, and are lightyears ahead in terms of defensive and skating ability. It's hard to pick against Colorado here.

Moving on to our 2nd lines...

Landeskog - Lecavalier - Parenteau

vs.

Sharp - Kesler - Brown

Again, at first glance, Vancouver runs away with this. Both of these lines are big mash-ups, with Colorado's having a bit more chemistry than Vancouver's. But just how good are the players that make up Vancouver's 2nd line? Sharp isn't much of a producer - more of a dirty goal scorer who has to work for his goals. His point totals are really held up by playing on such a talented team with the likes of Toews, Kane, and Hossa - all of which are leagues ahead of Kesler and Brown. Don't get me wrong, they're great players, but their not producers - they don't create much offense on their own. Brown is nothing more than a 60 point scorer in a good year, and Kesler's reputation is still riding off of one productive year, which he's shown no indications of repeating. Colorado, however, has one of the brightest young wingers in the league in Landeskog, another piece of the Avalanche who is truly the complete package - he can hit, score, defend, lead, literally anything you ask him to do. Lecavalier may not be the sexiest #2 center, but he was at one point the face of the NHL - a consistent 50 goal, 100 point producer. While injuries have derailed that, he's still insanely talented and good for 60-70 points. Being separated from St. Louis hasn't helped either, but Parenteau is just one step down from St. Louis when it comes to playmaking wingers. Add in Landeskog cleaning up their mistakes defensively and you could remake an amazingly dynamic duo that will paralyze defenses and score almost at will.

Comparing Bottom 6's, it's the same story...

Andrew Ladd - Chris Kelly - Jamie McGinn
Adam Burish - Paul Gaustad - Brad Richardson

vs.

Alexandre Burrows - Martin Hanzal - Bryan Little
Chris Higgins - Maxim Lapierre - Erik Condra

Ladd is a PPG top line winger who can lead, hit, and play amazing defense. And he's playing on the 3rd line here in Colorado. If that doesn't speak to how deep this team is, I don't know what will. Kelly is an elite 3rd line center, and Jamie McGinn is another budding young winger who belongs in the top 6 if it wasn't for the crazy depth in Denver. Gaustad is a great 3rd line center playing on the 4th line, while Richardson is another do-it-all type players who gives his heart and soul every shift. Burish can provide some offense and defense, as well as being another elite face-off man, while gooning it up and keeping our stars safe. Vancouver has some great depth as well, as seen by their 3rd line of Burrows - Hanzal - Little, but outside of Hanzal, they aren't really suited for bottom 6 duty. Burrows can be agressive and is good offensively, but he's not exactly solid defensively, nor is Little. Hanzal is great, but he can't clean up everything on his own, especially against a team with the depth and offense like Colorado. Lapierre is just a straight d-bag :laugh: and Higgins is great, but he can't carry the line like he'd have to.

The defense is what's gonna win the series though:

Smid - Voynov
Carle - Hamonic
Ballard - Gudas

vs.

Alexander Edler - Dan Hamhuis
Zach Bogosian - Kevin Bieksa
Jason Garrison - Carl Gunnarsson

Edler and Hamhuis make up an amazing pairing - but so do Smid and Voynov. Voynov is one of the brightest young stars in the NHL, a legit #1 defender already if you ask me. Smid is also one of the premier defensive studs in the NHL. Add that to Hamonic and Carle, a pairing that can do just about anything with Hamonic's ability to completely isolate even the best of players from the game and Carle's offensive drive, and you've got a crazy deep top 4. Ballard is also a very underrated defender who simply wasn't working out in Vancouver, but we think he could re-find his game here in Denver and revert to being a 30+ point defender while playing great defense and logging 20+ minutes a night. Gudas is a physical beast, one who'll be dominant all over the ice within the next few years. Vancouver's defense can speak for itself - although it looks great on paper, it lacks the speed and physicality that is needed to shut down Colorado's dynamic offense. I foresee many breakthroughs and odd man rushes in Colorado's favor, while Vancouver struggles to break through our defensive lines.

And obviously, the most important part of each team, the Goaltenders...

Semyon Varlamov
Ben Bishop

vs.

Roberto Luongo
James Reimer

Varlamov is a very underrated goaltender. He has a ridiculous amount of talent, probably one of the 10 most purely talented goaltenders in the league. He also showed his ability to take over a series - and keep that going throughout the playoffs - while he was a part of the Capitals' organization. We feel that we can expect that from him as he has done all throughout these playoffs, and that his raw talent will beat out the aging veteran Luongo. Roberto is a great goalie in his own, but the pressure of Vancouver and so many extra playoff games have to be wearing on him, and his collapse looks to be occurring sooner than later. Age really is a huge factor for goaltenders, and this match-up is no different - that's why Varlamov will emerge on top.

So I really just wrote all that... :laugh:

Vote for :avs!

Vote for Vancouver because Colorado's 3rd line has only 2 1/2 men. The other half of Andrew Ladd is on Winnipeg... (Did nobody but me notice that)

Expert Analysis From My Bro: Vancouver's offense is off da heezy fo' sheezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad