KLLR's GM Game version deux (Coyotes remaining)

• Thread starter KesselLooksLikeRadar*
  • Start date

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Western Conference Stanley Cup 1st Round Results

13 :nucks vs. :blues 0

12 :avs vs. :stars 1

6 :ducks vs. :kings 7

11 :sharks vs. :wings 2

Eastern Conference Stanley Cup 1st Round Results

13 :pens vs. :bruins 0

10 :habs vs. :isles 3

8 :canes vs. :rangers 5

7 :sens vs. :sabres 6

Western Conference Stanley Cup 2nd Round Match-ups

:nucks vs. :kings

:avs vs. :sharks

Eastern Conference Stanley Cup 2nd Round Match-ups

:pens vs. :sens

:habs vs. :canes

Send me your votes for the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Last edited:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
You can vote Quebec, if you like. Even though our depth is better, way, way better (and It's depth that wins the playoffs). Our 1st line has outscored his. Our 2nd line is arguably better. From there, our 3rd line is better by a landslide, as is our 4th. Sure, with Kulikov and Hedman on the 1st pairing (who are, imo, not true prospects - I tried to make my team full of true prospects, and not just young players, obviously he did not) his d is more talented - but none of them have seen the playoff experience that guys like Smith have. I'd also say our goaltending tandem is just as impressive as his. Makarov carried his team into the Memorial Cup, and Eriksson is highly touted, and highly talented.

Plus I assembled this team in less then two days. Pretty impressive I'd say.

Brandon Leipsic / Vincent Trochek / Gustav Nyquist
Curtis Lazar / Tyler Toffoli / Zach Budish
Jimmy Lodge / Bo Horvat / Rocco Grimaldi
Tanner Pearson / Andreas Athanasiou / Alexandre Grenier

Brendan Smith / Dylan Mcllrath
Jake McCabe / Alex Petrovic
Mattias Ekholm / Dillon Heatherington

Andrey Makarov
Joakim Eriksson

vote :leafs
The point about first line scoring more makes no sense what so ever... Huberdeau got 25 points more than Nyquist (who if Hedman and kulikov aren't prospects idk how he is...) Drouin and Mackinnon
had a combined 2.16ppg at 17 and 18 in what is only their second year in juniors while Leipsic and Trochek got a combined 1.74ppg in their 4th and 3rd year juniors while being 19 one soon to be 20. In no hockey universe is Torontos first line comparable to Quebecs and again I fail to see how the 2nd line is better... Hockeys future 6th top ranked prospect along with 2 consensus top 10 picks one a prototypical power forward and the other a tremendous 2 way center. I do agree that depth wins championships so my depth is filled with role guys like de la rose who will never be more than a 3rd liner

What toronto forgot to mention in what wins championships is derense and I don't have to say anything about the D at all my second pair could be Torontos first by a landslide.

I completely disagree that their goalie situation is even comparable to mine... Vas will be a top goalie in the world one day.

Vote Quebec!!!

Aela*

The point about first line scoring more makes no sense what so ever... Huberdeau got 25 points more than Nyquist (who if Hedman and kulikov aren't prospects idk how he is...) Drouin and Mackinnon
had a combined 2.16ppg at 17 and 18 in what is only their second year in juniors while Leipsic and Trochek got a combined 1.74ppg in their 4th and 3rd year juniors while being 19 one soon to be 20. In no hockey universe is Torontos first line comparable to Quebecs and again I fail to see how the 2nd line is better... Hockeys future 6th top ranked prospect along with 2 consensus top 10 picks one a prototypical power forward and the other a tremendous 2 way center. I do agree that depth wins championships so my depth is filled with role guys like de la rose who will never be more than a 3rd liner

What toronto forgot to mention in what wins championships is derense and I don't have to say anything about the D at all my second pair could be Torontos first by a landslide.

I completely disagree that their goalie situation is even comparable to mine... Vas will be a top goalie in the world one day.

Vote Quebec!!!

huberdeau isn't a prospect either to me, I just didn't mention that.

Nyquist and Huberdeau didn't even play in the same year in their junior career, but I'd say it's harder to put up a PPG pace in the AHL then the OHL, still not really comparing that. Huberdeau has put up 1 season in the NHL, exclusively playing on the 1st line. Nyquist has played mostly on the 3rd/4th lines for DET.

HF's stats don't really mean a lot - Toffoli is arguably as good as Kuznetsov, Lazar is arguably as good as Monahan. Budish sucks compared to Nichuskin, I'll give you that.

Never be more than a 3rd liner =/= good 3rd liner. My 3rd line has a much better mixture of scoring and defense, Horvat is pretty much the best defensive forward in the OHL right now. Just overall, I have better defensive forwards, and still a good dcorp. And in no way does Jones - Nurse beat Mcllrath - Smith. Mcllrath is so underrated lol.

BigBenSF*

VOTE :pens

[FIELDSET="The 2013-14 Pittsburgh Penguins"]
extralarge.png

Chris Kunitz / Sidney Crosby / Rick Nash
Jeff Skinner / Ryan Nugent-Hopkins / James Neal
Devin Setoguchi / Derrick Brassard / Pascal Dupuis
Matt Cooke / Joe Vitale / Jason Chimera
Jussi Jokinen

Brent Seabrook / Karl Alzner
Brooks Orpik / Paul Martin
Michael Del Zotto / Luca Sbisa

Sergei Bobrovsky
Eric Hartzell
[/FIELDSET]

WHY VOTE :pens?

We believe we have the best offense in the league, bar none. Our first line is centered by the best player in the world, Sidney Crosby. Pair him up with his triggerman Chris Kunitz (who finished 7th in the scoring race this year) and 5 time All-Star and Rocket Richard winner Rick Nash, and you have a recipe for success. We believe that we have the best second line in the league. We have one of the best young players in the NHL in Ryan Nugent-Hopkins centering our line. On the left side is Jeff Skinner, a Calder Trophy winner just two years ago and the youngest player ever to be named to an all-star team in any major sport. Our third line is stacked. All three of these players could fit on most teams top 6. Devin Setoguchi is a former 30 goal scorer who will be a sure bet to pickup 20 goals this year. Derick Brassard looked stellar after being traded to the Rangers this year, and we hope that putting him in a winning environment like Pittsburgh will do him well. Pascal Dupuis led the league in +/- and was seventh in even strength goals this year. His speed and shot will make him a threat anytime he's on the ice. Our fourth line is speedy and dangerous. Matt Cooke may be most well known for his physical play, but he is also a quick player who can get pucks to the net. Joe Vitale is a little ball of energy. Beloved my almost all Pens fans, Joe will throw the body at anyone and anything. Jason Chimera is known for his speedy kind of play, and also can get the puck in the net. Jussi Jokinen is a healthy scratch for now, but he is a guy who can come in and create a mismatch against some teams.

Our defense is something we take pride in. Originally a complete ****show, we now have 3 great lines that could go up against anyone. Our first line features an elite defensive defenseman in Karl Alzner and a clutch two-way man in Brent Seabrook. We kept the successful pairing of Paul Martin and Brooks Orpik on our second line. Martin had a tremendous comeback after his woeful 11-12 campaign, quickly returning to his fork in the past and even exceeding it. Brooks Orpik has struggled the past two seasons, except when he is paired with Martin, as the two compliment each other perfectly. Our bottom pairing are two young players with great potential. Luca Sbisa is a young gun with great offensive upside and good defensive potential. Michael Del Zotto is a great offensive defenseman who was showcased on one of the best defenses in the league in the New York Rangers. The combination of these players will bpmake it very hard to get to the net. Speaking of the net...

Our goaltending features none other than 2012-13 Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky. After having to almost carry the Jackets single-handily, Bob will have the comfort of playing for a better roster. If he somehow fails, Eric Hartzell is a young goalie with starting potential who could, in my opinion, easily teak over the reins.

We believe that this is the best team in the league. Vote for Pittsburgh!

VOTE :pens

Ottawa has a great team. Top 6 has done a great job as GM and it's a pleasure to play them. Do we think we're better? Yes, but we'll let the voters decide for themselves.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado

Nyquist and Huberdeau didn't even play in the same year in their junior career, but I'd say it's harder to put up a PPG pace in the AHL then the OHL, still not really comparing that. Huberdeau has put up 1 season in the NHL, exclusively playing on the 1st line. Nyquist has played mostly on the 3rd/4th lines for DET.

HF's stats don't really mean a lot - Toffoli is arguably as good as Kuznetsov, Lazar is arguably as good as Monahan. Budish sucks compared to Nichuskin, I'll give you that.

Never be more than a 3rd liner =/= good 3rd liner. My 3rd line has a much better mixture of scoring and defense, Horvat is pretty much the best defensive forward in the OHL right now. Just overall, I have better defensive forwards, and still a good dcorp. And in no way does Jones - Nurse beat Mcllrath - Smith. Mcllrath is so underrated lol.

:laugh::laugh:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec

Jones-nurse beat Mcllrath-Smith any day of the week a thousand time a day and I'd take a better top 6, better D and better goaltending over a better 3rd line

BigBenSF*

McIlrath / Smith over Nurse / Jones? Have you seen Brenden Smith play before? Also who gives a **** about McIlrath?

West Coast Bias*

:sharks

Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Brenden Morrow ($4.100m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Raffi Torres ($2.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.775m)
T.J. Galiardi ($0.950m) / Scott Gomez ($0.700m) / Patrick Kaleta ($1.250m)
Andrew Desjardins ($0.640m) / James Sheppard ($0.825m)

Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($4.250m) / Justin Braun ($1.250m)
Matt Irwin ($1.000m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Jason Demers ($1.250m) / Brad Stuart ($3.600m)
Scott Hannan ($1.000m)

Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Thomas Greiss ($0.588m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,029,167; BONUSES: $250,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,420,833

LT did a great job with the Avs, but I think that my Sharks would win in a series. If I were to nitpick his team, his forward group is a little weak down the right side, but I consider the forwards a push. Both defenses are solid yet unspectacular, but I think Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Dan Boyle are the 2 best defensemen in the series. The only clear advantage is in net, where Vezina finalist Niemi is a clear cut above Varlamov. This series is pretty much a toss-up, but I think the Sharks are slightly better than the opposition.

Vote :sharks!!!​

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I've never even heard of about 1/3 of your prospects.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
colorado_avalanche.jpg

The Colorado Avalanche
GM: LatvianTwist

[FIELDSET=Your 2013-2014 Colorado Avalanche]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Taylor Hall ($6.000m) / Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / Michael Grabner ($3.000m)
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($5.795m—25.0%) / P-A Parenteau ($4.000m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Chris Kelly ($2.250m—25.0%) / Jamie McGinn ($1.750m)
Adam Burish ($1.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Brad Richardson ($1.175m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ladislav Smid ($3.500m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Matt Carle ($4.125m—25.0%) / Travis Hamonic ($0.875m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Radko Gudas ($0.992m)
/ Tom Gilbert ($3.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Semyon Varlamov ($2.833m)
Ben Bishop ($2.300m)

------

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.157% of upper limit)
Jan Hejda ($0.813m—25.0%)*

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,349,621; BONUSES: $2,650,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,500,379

[/fieldset]

Very happy with how my team turned out. A near elite top 6 along with a great, solid top 4, we've also got the depth to compete with anyone.

Kills me to say this, but Vote for :avs over :sharks!

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
To be fair to Nyquist, he played in less than half as many games as Huberdeau did and he played with untalented bottom sixers while Huberdeau got top minutes.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
[FIELDSET=Your 2013-14 President's Trophy Winning Vancouver Canucks]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin / Henrik Sedin / Jeff Carter
Patrick Sharp / Ryan Kesler / Dustin Brown
Alexandre Burrows / Martin Hanzal / Bryan Little
Chris Higgins / Maxim Lapierre / Erik Condra

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler / Dan Hamhuis
Zach Bogosian / Kevin Bieksa
Jason Garrison / Carl Gunnarsson

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo
James Reimer
------

CAP PAYROLL: $69,566,079
CAP SPACE: $633,921
[/fieldset]

VOTE :nucks

We would like to thank the Blues for a great series, and are excited to see how good this group will become in the near future. Expect some great seasons ahead for this squad.

In round 2 we face a team that laid a whooping on us a few years ago, on route to winning the Stanley Cup, the Los Angeles Kings. After several trades, both teams look drastically different from the teams that met a year ago. The Kings moved several of their key pieces from the cup run in Mike Richards, Justin Williams, Slava Voynov, Jeff Carter, and former captain Dustin Brown in an attempt to get younger, and extend their course of success. The latter 2 players from that list, ironically, are now huge parts of our organization. While they still have a very strong team, our team is confident that we have the horses to beat them this year! Best of luck to MacTruck, and the Kings!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Western Conference Rebuilding Cup 2nd Round Results

6 :wild vs. :nashville 1

4 :hawks vs. :cbj 3

Eastern Conference Rebuilding Cup 2nd Round Results

7 Quebec Nordiques vs. :leafs 0

3 :panthers vs. :jets 4

Western Conference Rebuilding Cup 3rd Round Match-ups

:wild vs. :hawks

Eastern Conference Rebuilding Cup 3rd Round Match-ups

Quebec Nordiques vs. :jets

Send me your votes for the 3rd round of the Rebuilding Cup Playoffs!

I'm also now accepting votes for the Produce Cup Champion! Send me a list of the 3 GMs you felt did the best job in this game in order! After 10 votes, those results will be posted.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Need at least 4 more votes for the 2nd round of the SCPs. Let's vote, people.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
:hawks
Chicago Blackhawks Future Depth Chart​

[FIELDSET=]

Brandon Saad - Alex Galchenyuk - Nino Niederreiter
Nathan Gerbe - Ryan Strome - Anthony Mantha
Valentin Zykov - Mikhail Grigorenko - Tomas Jurco
Beau Bennett - Teuv Teravainen - Andrew Shaw
Marcus Kreuger - Johan Larsson - Nicklas Jensen
Josh Bailey - Louis LeBlanc - Morgan Klimchuk

Griffin Reinhart - Erik Gudbranson
Nick Leddy - Rasmus Ristolainen
Ryan Murphy - Nathan Beaulieu
Dalton Thrower - Frank Corrado
Brayden McNabb - Robert Bortuzzo

Jacob Markstrom
Eddie Lack
Eric Comrie
[/FIELDSET]

Vote :hawks !

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Jonathan Huberdeau-Nathan Mackinnon-Jonathan Drouin
Evgeny Kuznetsov-Sean Monahan-Valeri Nichushkin
Jacob De la Rose-Tyler Johnson-Nikita Kucherov
Drayson Bowman-Dana Tyrell-Jared Knight
Mike McCarron-Riley Nash-Matt Kassian

Dmitri Kulikov-Victor Hedman
Seth Jones-Darnell Nurse
Slater Koekkoek-Ryan Ellis
Barberio

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Mark Visentin

Vote Quebec!!!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Need a few more SCP votes and then I'll post the results.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
FORWARDS
Nazem Kadri ($1.720m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Mark Scheifele ($1.563m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Olli Jokinen ($4.500m)
Nik Antropov ($4.063m) / Victor Rask ($0.863m) / Zac Dalpe ($0.875m)
Kyle Wellwood ($1.600m) / Jim Slater ($1.600m) / Mike Santorelli ($1.600m)
Chris Thorburn ($0.867m) / James Wright ($0.650m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m) / Morgan Rielly ($1.744m)
Nikita Zadarov / Torey Krug ($1.704m)
Ryan Pulock / Paul Postma ($0.550m)
Ron Hainsey ($4.500m) / Jamie McBain ($1.800m)
Mark Stuart ($1.700m) /
GOALTENDERS
Malcolm Subban ($1.494m)
Ondrej Pavelec ($3.900m)
Al Montoya ($0.601m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.870% of upper limit)
Evander Kane ($1.313m—25.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,616,000; BONUSES: $4,117,500
CAP SPACE (27-man roster): $18,701,500

Vote :jets, we have Well balanced offense for NOW and the FUTURE! not to mention JVR and Wheeler are still pretty young. Ladd , Jokinen , antropov bring experience. 6 GREATyoung defence and who doesnt love Hamilton - Reilly... PAvelec is a great mentor for our future starter MAlcolm Subban

This beats florida...

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2