Recalled/Assigned: Klinkhammer up Rundblad down 3/8/13

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Guessing Sclem is closer to returning than Vrb, and Stone has officially won the 7the defenseman spot, letting them send Rundy down for forward depth

If either one of Schlemko or Klesla could stay healthy for more than ten seconds I'd ship the injury prone one out tomorrow and give Stone the job.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If either one of Schlemko or Klesla could stay healthy for more than ten seconds I'd ship the injury prone one out tomorrow and give Stone the job.
Eh I've never been a fan of the what have you done for me lately approach. In this case I would especially be weary of trading Klesla who was awesome for the Yotes in the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Coyotes Recall Klinkhammer from AHL, Assign Rundblad to AHL

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=659246

Why? Another cup of coffee? Last time I questioned the call up. Some of you were saying this and that etc. etc. I agree with Rundblad being sent down, but why Klinkammmer being called up? Nothing has changed here, why call him up? He was just here and was sent back down. Is this a panic move? I'm completly baffled by this move.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Ok, what about Hanzal and Vrbata? I'm very concerned about Hanzal and his injuries.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They want an extra, motivational forward. I suspect several guys are on thin ice with the coaching staff after these embarrassing performances, defensively.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Hammer might be up for a while...

"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: #Coyotes F Radim Vrbata has a cracked bone in his foot. No timeline on return."

That's a shame. At least Klinkhammer looked pretty good, but still, he's no Vrby.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Make a deal. Can't afford to have Vrbata out long-term. He was suppose to be back during the Western Canada trip.

Someone mentioned Jussi Jokinen. I like that idea.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
How long do those take to heal?

I mean, he's been skating.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yep, I saw him at the morning skate on Saturday, but I can tell you he didn't look good and was in visible pain, I'm sure he's more than 2 weeks out.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Ok, what about Hanzal and Vrbata? I'm very concerned about Hanzal and his injuries.

Well we don't exactly have a spare Hanzal laying around :laugh:

60 games of Hanzal is better than 0 at any rate.

Not really concerned about Vrbata as being injury prone. He hasn't missed significant time since his Tampa season.

ChumpyG

Jibbity jibbity
Feb 13, 2007
Portland, OR
Not afraid to admit I've had a man crush on Klinkhammer since he spent about half a season with the Winterhawks. He was traded away, but ended up as the leading scorer on what was a dismal, dismal Hawks team.

Wish him nothing but the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad