Recalled/Assigned: Klinkhammer up Rundblad down 3/8/13

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
@azc_mclellan
#Coyotes announce they've recalled Chris Brown and Rob Klinkhammer from Portland.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Brown has appeared in 51 games with the Pirates this season totaling 18-11-29 and 79 PIM. He ranks second on the team in goals and is fourth in scoring while leading the team with seven power-play goals.

The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Klinkhammer has appeared in 52 games with the Pirates this season collecting a team-leading 14-30-44 and 36 PIM. He is tied for eighth in the AHL in points and leads Portland in assists while ranking third on the team in goals.

Klinkhammer has posted 0-2-2 in 16 career NHL games with the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators. In 2011-12, the 26-year-old native of Lethbridge, Alberta collected 12-23-35 in 35 games with the Binghamton Senators (AHL) and 0-2-2 in 15 games with Ottawa.

- See more at: http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658108#sthash.Y48leDKC.dpuf

I think Hanzal will be back sometime this week (not this weekend), Vrby sounds like it will be a while.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Sweet. What's the worst that could happen? Lose a game?
I like this.

Klink is 8th in the AHL in points? Sounds good to me.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Injuries? Sure. But also bigger message to the Top 6 forwards about waking up and stepping up......or sitting down.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Good, I've been wanting Klink up here for some time.

Bad, cause it sounds like the hurt ones won't be back soon.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Injuries? Sure. But also bigger message to the Top 6 forwards about waking up and stepping up......or sitting down.
Reminds me of TGO quote (don't say that very often) that was something like:
"No offense against Enver, he's a fine young player, but if Enver Lisin is the best player on the ice we've got a problem".
I think Tip is tired of Chip outplaying the top 6 (except Boedker).

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Well.. can't hurt...

What kind of players are Brown and Klink?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Chipchura, Torres, Johnson, and Bissonnette are the furthest things from problems we have right now.

So........why?

I could see Klinkhammer in for Sullivan. I'm sure Tippett has seen what type of defensive player Sullivan is...besides the hat trick game, Sullivan has been pretty ineffective and another larger body to lay lumber and be harder to play against would be a welcome change imho.

Other than that and we don't have any other injuries, I'm not sure why you call up both Brown and Klinkhammer.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona

I've watched this highlight roughly a hundred times.

If Chris gets called up and scratched I'm rioting.

Also: Anyone know where I can get a cartoonishly large Texas flag? :laugh:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

I've watched this highlight roughly a hundred times.

If Chris gets called up and scratched I'm rioting.

Also: Anyone know where I can get a cartoonishly large Texas flag? :laugh:

SWEET!, was that against the RedWi@#$? Oh, nevermind.;)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm as excited as anyone to see Brown play. That being said he's stickhandling and puck skills were the reason he needed development time at the AHL level. Would be nice to have a second rounder finally exceed expectations. I'm aslo happy we are getting bigger. We need to be a harder team to play against. Brown IMO is the replacement to Sullivan (who I don't feel will be re-signed) which frees up a little cash for OEL and Smith.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Are they called up as injury replacements?

Hanzal and Vrbata are still out, right? Anyone else?

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
And Schlemko, who has been skating for a week now.

Hopefully these guys bring a bit of a spark, would love to see that from Brown, if he even plays. I'd say we sit Johnson and Sullivan. Sullivan has been crap, I hate to say.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really, really hope Bissonnette has some time to teach Brown how to fight. He's basically the worst fighter I have ever seen. If he continues to drop the gloves without actually learning how, he's going to get taken off in a stretcher and his career will he over. He leads with his head. It's terrifying to watch. It's like he's offering free shots. Conversely, look at how Bissonnette fights. His form is EXCELLENT. He's so difficult to punch in the face. Fantastic defensive fighter.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Chipchura, Torres, Johnson, and Bissonnette are the furthest things from problems we have right now.

So........why?

If it wasn't for the 4th line, our team would be getting destroyed each of the last five games. Hopefully these guys are replacing two of the guys in the top nine (besides Torres) to give them a wake up call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad