Sportsnet: Klingberg to have Season ending Surgery.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I had high hopes for a rebound year from him at a reasonable dollar amount if he hit. Turns out I was looking at the wrong guy from Anaheim but I still dont think this risk was a bad one and it turned out a total non-factor anyways.
I wouldn’t say it was a total non factor. That money could have been spent elsewhere in FA to improve the team.
Although arguably the roster flexibility his cap space gave us helped more that anyone else we could have signed short term for that amount.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I wouldn’t say it was a total non factor. That money could have been spent elsewhere in FA to improve the team.
Although arguably the roster flexibility his cap space gave us helped more that anyone else we could have signed short term for that amount.
The alternative was allegedly Dumba so with hindsight I would still sign Klingberg.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The alternative was allegedly Dumba so with hindsight I would still sign Klingberg.
Yeah the roster flexibility was worth more to us than anything Dumba would have provided.

But those didn’t have to be our only options. Those are just what our management team chose. Even if they were limited by not wanting to offer term.

Reactions: LeafEgo

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
what a waste of cap space

I was initially hopeful we could use the 4.5 to get someone at the TDL, but with how awful the names were this mistake's impact has been magnified.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
When is the season finished?

Game 82?
Why did you randomly bump this lol? Feeling inspired by Easter? :laugh:

Ironically, we should've just kept Gustafsson. Despite his defensive warts he's produced well for NYR at league min and been useful on the PP. Of course Keefe never gave him a chance and he probably didn't wanna come back - he was having a productive season with Washington and had he just finished out the year there he probably would've gotten a good contract this past summer. Keefe really screwed him

Reactions: vpasla1 and banks

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He can be added to the roster in the playoffs.

Good enough for the Stanley Cup Champions to bring back LTIR players in the post-season, should be good enough for the lowly Leafs.
Yeah no one ever said they couldn’t. But is he even healthy 3 months after surgery?
And would he be good enough to play in the playoffs after that kinda surgery and that kinda layoff? He isn’t even skating or practicing.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yeah no one ever said they couldn’t. But is he even healthy 3 months after surgery?
And would he be good enough to play in the playoffs after that kinda surgery and that kinda layoff? He isn’t even skating or practicing.

Not sure where he's at.

Have heard nothing, recovery time was up to 6 months.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think usually when they say season-ending surgery instead of a timeline, it generally means that there's not much hope of them coming back, even for a playoff run.

I think we'd have some news quite a while before he's actually ready to play, let alone in a playoff game, so I'd expect the silence on him to mean he's still far away.

Quite frankly, I don't think we want him in the lineup, even if he is ready.

Reactions: arso40

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think usually when they say season-ending surgery instead of a timeline, it generally means that there's not much hope of them coming back, even for a playoff run.

I think we'd have some news quite a while before he's actually ready to play, let alone in a playoff game, so I'd expect the silence on him to mean he's still far away.

Quite frankly, I don't think we want him in the lineup, even if he is ready.

I think, healthy, he'd be better than some on the team.

Yeah, I think we'd have heard of him on the ice.

Muzzin is scouting for Leafs.

Murray is getting ready to resume playing.

Could see Murray activated post-season.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why did you randomly bump this lol? Feeling inspired by Easter? :laugh:

Ironically, we should've just kept Gustafsson. Despite his defensive warts he's produced well for NYR at league min and been useful on the PP. Of course Keefe never gave him a chance and he probably didn't wanna come back - he was having a productive season with Washington and had he just finished out the year there he probably would've gotten a good contract this past summer. Keefe really screwed him

3 days or 3 months?

Hmm?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad