Klingberg most valuable trade value in the NHl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This list is a joke.
Let me fix it for you

Doughty
Hedman
Vlasic
Karlsson
Subban
Josie
Burns
Lindholm
Carlson
^ are the only people above him

Then you'd have the next group
Klingberg,
Provorov,
Werenski,
Gostisbehere,
Slavin,
Rielly,
Jones,
OEL,
Keith,
Giordano
who you could all argue round out the top 10.

And after all of them you'd then have
McAvoy
You'd be wrong as well.
Klingberg is definitely not a top 5 defenseman either. Offense isn't everything.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
It’s disgustingly how underrated Klingberg is, he is actually good at defending and blocking shots also. And never mind his break out passes in the defensive zone.

Giving his age and skill level he is a top 3 defenseman in the nhl and given his contract he is easily one of the most valuable in the entire NHL.

At 4.2 million you can add some other great players, it’s a no brainer.

Hedman, doughty, Klingberg, subban and Karlsson are the top 5 in the league

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why would he be wrong? I would EASILY take 3 players of Klingbergs caliber over one McDavid if building a team.

Great, but your example requires a magical world where there are three Klingberg type players with Klingberg type contracts.

He's wrong because there isn't a single General Manager that would take Klingberg over McDavid, regardless of their contracts.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Honest to god I probably wouldn’t trade him for any other defenseman right now. He helps his team win more than any other D does for their respective squad, and that’s what should affect the Norris voting. But it won’t, so

Reactions: badboy1994

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Big parts of the offense completely run through Klingberg to get set up especially the depth lines . I sincerely doubt thats just replaceable by more than a couple of guys in the league.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
This list is a joke.
Let me fix it for you

Doughty
Hedman
Vlasic
Karlsson
Subban
Josie
Burns
Lindholm
Carlson
^ are the only people above him

Then you'd have the next group
Klingberg,
Provorov,
Werenski,
Gostisbehere,
Slavin,
Rielly,
Jones,
OEL,
Keith,
Giordano
who you could all argue round out the top 10.

And after all of them you'd then have
McAvoy
alex pietrangelo

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not even close. McDavid and Crosby easily hold more value, especially for their marketability alone

Man, why so many people sleep on Klingberg. "Marketability" of stale McDavid/Crosby would be nothing like Klinger.

tumblr_o1lc1kkR7y1spe4hyo1_500.gif
giphy.gif

EquatorialDemandingChafer-size_restricted.gif

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Great, but your example requires a magical world where there are three Klingberg type players with Klingberg type contracts.

He's wrong because there isn't a single General Manager that would take Klingberg over McDavid, regardless of their contracts.

Klingberg + A first line forward is better then Mcdavid ...... it gives a cup contender flexibility to add depth to a already winning team to have one of the best defensmens in the world locked up around 4 million

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Honest to god I probably wouldn’t trade him for any other defenseman right now. He helps his team win more than any other D does for their respective squad, and that’s what should affect the Norris voting. But it won’t, so
It’s true, and his defense is very underrated also. He has great stick work and positional play. I think that it’s hilarious to see some of these comments in the thread right now. Klingberg is easily one of the most valuable players in the nhl

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Come again?
Would you rather have Mcdavid for a cup run For the next 3 years or would you rather have Bergeron and Klingberg for that cup run. I think that it’s obvious.

The truth is, the only fair trade I can think of would be Mcdavid for Klingberg strait up. Other then that the stars get hosed

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Klingberg + A first line forward is better then Mcdavid ...... it gives a cup contender flexibility to add depth to a already winning team to have one of the best defensmens in the world locked up around 4 million

If you think that Klingberg is one of the best defensemen in the world, or even in that conversation, we don't have any common ground to have a conversation at all.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Would you rather have Mcdavid for a cup run For the next 3 years or would you rather have Bergeron and Klingberg for that cup run. I think that it’s obvious.

The truth is, the only fair trade I can think of would be Mcdavid for Klingberg strait up. Other then that the stars get hosed
I''m not sure where Bergeron comes into this.

I thought this thread was about Klingberg having the most value in the league? If you have Klingberg instead of McDavid, sure you have the capspace for someone like Bergeron. Doesn't mean you'll get him.

Smarten up.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Giving his age and skill level he is a top 3 defenseman in the nhl and given his contract he is easily one of the most valuable in the entire NHL.

Wait, just in the time that you started this thread, his value has improved from being a Top 5 defensemen in the league to a Top 3 defensemen?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I Can name about 20 better overall defenseman, top 5?

He's not better than

Doughty
Hedman
Jones
Provorov
Slavin
Gostisbehere
McAvoy
Vlasic
Werenski
Karlsson
Subban
Josi
Burns
Keith
Lindholm
Tanev
Gio
OEL

Ect

I thought the OP would be impossible to top. Yet, here you are.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

How did you get Bergeron?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Thats not what i said. Just that Klingbergs contract is easier to build a team with than McDavids giant monster that is kicking in next year ( albeit he will work out unlike Ekblads monster ). Of course McDavid is a much better player to build around . You can still be a terrible team even with the best player in the league if you can't assemble a good enough roster to compliment him though.

Just for the record even though McDavid is amazing i don't like the approach to the contract extension that the Oilers went for. I don't think it was smart asset management . ( albeit i don't know if they had another choice since i have no idea about McDavids demands )

You asked if there was anyone else with higher trade value than Klingberg, I used McDavid in this instance. IF Klingberg had the highest trade value in the NHL, that would imply you could get any player for him.

Or to frame it another way, if two teams said they'd give up a 1st + Prospect for one of McDavid or Klingberg, which one would hey chose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad