Klingberg has gone from a top defender to an AHL player

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
5 years @ 5.5 Million a year with a full NMC for a 31 year old was more than Nill was willing to give . From reports Nill wanted less years and not a full NMC for the full duration . Probably a good call in the long run but for now it left a gaping hole for a puckmoving LHD .
The best hope to fill the void is a rookie in Lindell who has been very inconsistent .

Is 31 years old that old for a defenseman?

34-36 is getting up there for any player

Did you read the question you answered?

Did you read the post he as referring to?

5 year deal for a 31 year old.

Maybe 31 isn't old for a defenseman, but years 3-5 (where he will be 34-36) will be old for a defenseman.

"the edler" understood my reply..

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This guy is playing almost amateur level hockey. He's being scratched while healthy. He is currently at 26 shots on goal in 22 games. Not to mention his defending hasn't been anything to tout at. Did he have a few fluke seasons?

AHL player?

Come on. He is having a bad season. it happens.

Lets talk about Crosby and his lack of assists?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I gotta think that it's no coincidence that this happened to Klingberg just after they gutted their defensive depth over the summer.

He probably started to feel the need to alter his game to pick up some slack, and started making screw ups, and that can erode confidence. Then it's a snowball effect where a player can look horrible in a hurry.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I gotta think that it's no coincidence that this happened to Klingberg just after they gutted their defensive depth over the summer.

He probably started to feel the need to alter his game to pick up some slack, and started making screw ups, and that can erode confidence. Then it's a snowball effect where a player can look horrible in a hurry.
This right here is an informative and well thought out post. Nice analysis. Sounds right on the money.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Better send him to Edmonton for pennies on the dollar. We'll take good care of him. He can form the Swedish triplets on D with Klef and Lars.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Do you think there is room for Honka and Klingberg in the lineup at the same time? Both feel like high risk offensive guys, they might exclude each other.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's still one of the best defenceman, top 20 easily. Not top 10.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He’ll snap out of it imo, too talented not to. One of the best dmen in the league walking the blue line when he’s ‘on'

My thoughts exactly. I think he's the best d-man at walking the line, and one of the best at getting shots through traffic.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Do you think there is room for Honka and Klingberg in the lineup at the same time? Both feel like high risk offensive guys, they might exclude each other.

Is there room for 2 highly gifted RS defenseman on a team? Of course there is. Also Honka and Klingberg play a different game. It won't be long before some team start hating Honka because he plays with an edge that kling doesn't. Sometime Honks looks like he wants to just murder the entire other team

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Looking at his stats, it appears he just had a bad start to the season.

Since this thread was made his statline is: 40GP 9G 18A 27P +10

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
People used to say that he was amazing. You know who you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad