Klingberg has gone from a top defender to an AHL player

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Looking at his stats, it appears he just had a bad start to the season.

Since this thread was made his statline is: 40GP 9G 18A 27P +10

unreal

this is an embarrassing thread...

Klingberg is a stud

how dare a player have a slow start to the season!!!!!

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It must be difficult for him, behind Seguin and Benn.

I know it would be great if every player in the league were somehow in a vacuum but that isn't how sports work. Anyone who thinks this guy only gets by because of the talent around him is simply out to lunch.

I'm so glad this guy is on my team and locked up for the foreseeable future at such a bargain price.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Klinberg is not the problem.

The rest of DAL blueline belongs to an AHL squad. I mean Esa "AHL" Lindell in the top pair and the bottom 4 only gets worse.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

The rest of DAL blueline belongs to an AHL squad. I mean Esa "AHL" Lindell in the top pair and the bottom 4 only gets worse.

Say what you will about Lindell, but he was keeping his pairing with Klingberg afloat for a bit while Klingberg struggled. He's by no means a top pairing guy at this point, but neither is Klingberg.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Lindell is better than you think but yes not a top pairing defenseman in an ideal situation.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Playing with Esa Lindell who is OK as long as he doesn't have the puck on his stick. Filip Forsberg also started the season with like 1 goal in 20 games....

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Don't underestimate the partner effect. It's not always about one partner carrying the other so much as both trusting each other to be on a string so you can play your game confidently and not worry about looking like Justin Schultz. Goligoski was a fine partner for Klingberg, just as Marc Methot is for Erik Karlsson and Paul Martin is for Brent Burns.

Additionally, I haven't checked the numbers but he may have added two-way responsibilities. This happened with Dion Phaneuf, he was a Norris candidate when he was being used on a sheltered, basically second pair role. The next year he was used in a top pair shutdown role and looked like a mess.

Tyler Myers and lubo vishnovski both had their best seasons paired with Toni lydman (iirc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad