Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin and Kailer Yamamoto to Detroit for future considerations

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
not really crazy about either of these guys at this point but eh it's two 24 year olds for future considerations might aswell see what they can do here

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My friends who watched KHL loved Kostin there. He also looked pretty good at NHL playoffs for short stint. There could something on the making.

Funny, again a former Blues player. :D

Yamamoto could be damaged goods, but we'll see. I liked him when he was younger. Wonder where did his development go?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Kubalik-Larkin-Rsymond
Yamamoto-Copp-Perron
Berggren-Rasmussen-Fabbri
Kostin-Kasper-Zadina

Good God that is terrible.

If that's the case I'd rather keep Kasper in Grand Rapids for the full shit show of a season we're expecting. That roster is so gross.

I can just imagine Larkin feeling like he was duped into believing Detroit was going to actually provide him with good linemates after signing his contract, then seeing all his buddies traded, Yzerman going to the bottom of the bargain bin for scraps when better players went for nothing earlier in the week, and then the piece de resistance is selecting high-bust low-potential players.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I mean, at some point Lalonde might try throwing out some pylons or a Roomba with a stick taped to it and see if anyone notices, but that's the roster we have right now and all of our forward slots are full.
Kubalik-Larkin-Perron
Kasper-Copp-Raymond
Berggren-Veleno-Fabbri
Kostin-Rasmussen-Söderblom
Zadina/Yamamoto

Even just slotting players in a more realistic way makes it look much better. But it's not likely Yzerman is done yet either.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Kubalik-Larkin-Perron
Kasper-Copp-Raymond
Berggren-Veleno-Fabbri
Kostin-Rasmussen-Söderblom
Zadina/Yamamoto

Even just slotting players in a more realistic way makes it look much better. But it's not likely Yzerman is done yet either.
My good sir.

I just wanted to say thank you lol. The previous lineup was absolutely disgusting and this makes it about 100x more palatable lmao.

You do great work, keep it going.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
My good sir.

I just wanted to say thank you lol. The previous lineup was absolutely disgusting and this makes it about 100x more palatable lmao.

You do great work, keep it going.
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. That team is still absolutely putrid and as soon as someone is injured you're going to see rookie sensation Roomba With A Sherwood take the ice.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. That team is still absolutely putrid and as soon as someone is injured you're going to see rookie sensation Roomba With A Sherwood take the ice.
of course the team is still bad. I didn't say it was great. I said it made it look better.

At least would want it to look better. Dam calm down.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I think Kostin is a nice pickup, particularly if his salary demand of $2 million AAV is accurate. He could easily be worth that cap hit, and we got him because Edmonton is in cap hell. Hopefully Yamamoto can be a Fabrri like addition, I don't have high expectations but if he can add some depth as far as skill players go then that's fine.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We currently have better players than these two. They might be suitable for 4tg line duties but both of them believe they are better than that.
if used right---you guys just got 2 solid 3rd liners. Yams is a short little shit that will muck it up and Kosk, maybe Russian but gives as good as he gets in the corners.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Yzerman daring the NHL to not let him win the lottery until 2030, apparently.
We are back to picking up middle of the line up guys with potential for more. It has been stated we are still in the rebuilding phase, and will be acquiring picks and players without giving up many assets. This is what that looks like. We all hate on the team when they do not give the young players chances..... Well players like Burgers, Soderblom, Kasper, will have their shot to make the team and grow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad