Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin and Kailer Yamamoto to Detroit for future considerations

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Love it! My wife works with Kailer's mom, actually, so I've kept an interested eye on him since he played in Spokane. He plays hard and could use a change in venue.

Reactions: midnightcopper

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
could this trade for yamo and kostin set up for a trade for zadina + to ottawa for dbc?

lol just grasping at straws here to make this day worth it and not waste my time.

Reactions: jkutswings

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's the sad part.

I'm ok with Kostin since he's kind of like a (very) poor man's Barbashev.

Yamamoto probably ends up on waivers and down to Grand Rapids sometime next year. He ain't what we need.
A dude that has scored 20 goals in the league (Yamamoto) is going to hit waivers on this team?

I think a bunch of guys would get waived before him that we have.

Not sure what we are getting with Kostin, liked him a lot as a prospect l.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As an Oiler fan;

Kostin brought something to the oilers last year, showed more scouting ability than I did not think he had and added some grit and a cool attitude.

What you are getting with Yamamoto is as follows:

5 games a year looks like an excellent player and scorer will look like one of the better players on the ice.

10 games a year will look okay, provide something to the team.

55 games a year a total non entity.

injured the rest of the games.

He has been this way every single season.

It is usually 5 goals in 5 games, then no goals for 30 games then goals in 5 games then no goals in 30 games.

He really does nothing really well, he is not a terrible player but he is not a great skater, and off again on again pest, not a great defensive player, not a super creative player or sniper. If you are 5'7" in this league you better do something really well.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
At this point the plan seems clear. Yzerman seems like he's trying to build an elite defense, well rounded offense without a central superstar, and a shot in the dark at any goalie that could work out.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Have been wondering who would be our penalty-killers at next season...?

Now I know Yamamoto will be one.

Copp, Larkin and Rasmussen are the other main guys.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I like Kostin, he showed he might be able to develop into a power forward type, worst case he’s a bottom six scrapper. He was probably using the K as leverage

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Kostin played so darn mean last season. Dude realized how he can carve out a role in the league and did it well. He is tough to play against.

Excited about adding him. He can play a traditional checking line bottom 6 role, but he also has some hands and a little offensive upside.

Reactions: K1900L

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit
FzzYlz5WcAIYzP3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad