Prospect Info: Klim Kostin (31st overall in 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Haha maybe or maybe not.
He likes to troll and be a smart ass.
Definitely would miss his replies
He did say year back or so that he will leave from Blues HFboard, moved out to different city etc. but after we won SC he came back.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
So they can sign a PTO player to a two way deal? If so, I can see them signing one up here and parking another in SA as a cheap insurance policy.
Yes, they can get a 2 way deal. With that said, it is very, very unlikely that either of those players would sign a 2 way deal just to immediately get sent to the AHL.

The way these situations usually play out is that a guy signs a 2 way deal and plays some games with the NHL team when the team is banged up. When the team gets healthy, the team waives the player with the understanding that the player isn't going to report to the AHL if they don't get claimed on waivers. These are guys with millions of dollars in the bank and hundreds of NHL games played. They almost never have any interest riding the bus in the AHL for $100k a year when it becomes clear that they don't have what it takes to play in the NHL. If they want to keep playing pro hockey, they can make more money with easier travel and a less demanding style of play in Europe.

Reactions: 67Blues

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’d be shocked if either one wanted to play in the AHL. Considering the money they both have made. I doubt they wanna mix it up down there or 75K a year when they know they’re pretty much done anyway
Wouldn’t it be more likely they get 1-way contracts, with guaranteed salary regardless of being sent down? It would be a small enough contract to not impact the Blues’ cap either way (like in the 1M range where the full amount can be buried).

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I've feeling when Kostin breaks in team @ChicagoBlues will make a disappear trick for some time. Crawl back to his foxhole.
Why can’t you just discuss the team and speculate like we’re all doing without making it a personal issue with other posters? We all notice who is right more often, and who has better arguments. You don’t have to promote yourself so much. Seems insecure.

I would expect Chicago to acknowledge he was wrong (if/when he is proven wrong) and keep right on following the team and giving his opinion. I’ll add myself to those who were skeptical about Kostin, but I’ll be very happy if that’s wrong.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Why can’t you just discuss the team and speculate like we’re all doing without making it a personal issue with other posters? We all notice who is right more often, and who has better arguments. You don’t have to promote yourself so much. Seems insecure.

I would expect Chicago to acknowledge he was wrong (if/when he is proven wrong) and keep right on following the team and giving his opinion. I’ll add myself to those who were skeptical about Kostin, but I’ll be very happy if that’s wrong.

Would you expect anything less on all fronts?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Did I miss something?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
For what it’s worth, I’ve been on this site for a long time now and lots of people here have valued my input over the years.

This past couple years, minus my hiatus, I’ve lightened up and just enjoy reading with the occasional insightful post.

But mostly, I just read and chime in with smarmy BS. Trust me when I say that I know exactly what I’m doing and that I choose to keep my input on the mostly superficial level.

I’ve been done with substantive posts for quite a while now. I simply don’t care to do as much research, but will occasionally provide some good info.

As far as being wrong....who cares if I turn out to be wrong on Kostin. Big f***ing deal. This forum has no consequence in my life.

EDIT: I really enjoy reading @Brian39 posts as well as a few others. It’s great stuff. And when he’s tired of it, another person will take the mantle and provide good stuff.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Its not personal. I think its in my eyes interesting to see what every other member has been thinking of somebody or something can re-evaluate what they have said. Its not who is wrong or right. Ofc other people might take it offensive. One of the best topics where Thompson how much separated opinion we got in this forum about him when he was drafted. I found that interesting. Hey lets dropp out from this OT.

I found that Sanford will be benched today vs. Ducks and Kostin get his chance with Perron - ROR duo. If you try to find odd man out how everybody has been performed, Sanford should be sit.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He's had 2 games in the NHL. It will take him at least 20 to get into the rhythm of the game. I'm not worried.
Yeah, Kostin could be in best situation ready för full job in NHL next season. Every game will give him room för growth and this is best för him to develope.

I secretarely wish Kyrou could get few games NHL too. Biggest dream Mikkola get few games too, but I think we would have to see 2 injuries which I dont want to see.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad