Player Discussion Klefbom: The bombs are back in town.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I still remember the days in 2011-2014 is when trying to find a Klefbom highlight was nearly impossible. Basically it was some SEL goal and a webcam interview he had done. Now we get these gems

His game 5 tying goal is probably my favorite moment of all time

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Always had really high hopes for Klefbom, pissed me off when everyone was writting him off because of injuries. Kid works hard, is smart and has all the tools to be a top pairing guy for 10 years.

If he can be a bit more physical he is our Seabrook, before he got old and lost a step.

Aside from injuries, there were always questions about his ability to generate offence. That said, he scored surprisingly decent last year for a player that missed that much time.

If he keeps up, he'll be a top 10D for sure if he isnt already

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I forgot that it was the pick we got from Trading Penner to LA. That offer sheet signing ended up paying off huge for us in the end. Did the Ducks end up with anything useful.

The history on that one is hard to follow as there were a bunch of ancilary deals to make it happen.

To start Edmonton had to trade their second rounder obtained from the Pronger trade, in order to get their third round back. That pick ended up as Hamonic.

The first rounded ended up in Buffalo (Tyler Myers), who they acquired two picks (Jake Gardiner, and another trade with Phoenix (who selected Tikhonov) that led to two more picks (Nicolas Deschamps, and Eric O'Dell).

The second rounder they selected Justin Schultz.

The third rounder was traded back to the Islanders a second time again in order to get MAB. Islanders chose Kiril Petrov.

So I guess the results was that Anaheim got Jake Gardiner, Nicolas Deschamps, Eric O'Dell, Justin Schultz, and MAB. Gardiner (with Lupul) became Beauchemin (gone), Deschamps became Luca Caputi (gone), Eric O'Dell became Eric Christensen (gone), Schultz never signed (gone), MAB became Brandon McMillan who became Mathew Lombardi (gone). So yeah, they got nothing left now.

Interesting to see how many decent defensemen players are linked to this transaction though. Travis Hamonic, Jake Gardiner Tyler Myers, Justin Schultz, Pronger (in a roundabout way) and then later on Klefbom.

Could have pretty decent d-corps based around Klefbom, Hamonic, Gardiner, Schultz, and Myers.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I forgot that it was the pick we got from Trading Penner to LA. That offer sheet signing ended up paying off huge for us in the end. Did the Ducks end up with anything useful.

Poster summarized it very well above, but here's the chart as an add on.

86AAooG.png

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I still remember the days in 2011-2014 is when trying to find a Klefbom highlight was nearly impossible. Basically it was some SEL goal and a webcam interview he had done. Now we get these gems

Funny, I actually just watched this and was gonna link it in the thread, then saw you already posted it. Getting hyped for the season. Hoping for some more klef-bombs this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad