Klefbom likely done for the year

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Chia should go into this offseason with the assumption that Klefbom won't be ready to go next season , which means acquiring at least another top 4 defenseman on top of the much needed top pair Dman

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Chia should go into this offseason with the assumption that Klefbom won't be ready to go next season , which means acquiring at least another top 4 defenseman on top of the much needed top pair Dman

I agree. But FFS, just as we get Klefbom breaking out and looking tremendous, this friggen happens. Like of course. A guy gets some rare infection no athlete has seen before

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Edmonton Oilers defenceman Oscar Klefbom's season appears to be finished.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...m-not-with-team-early-memories-still-standing

About a month an a half ago I mentioned on here I had some inside info that this boy was in a world of trouble and likely would miss the remainder of the season. To those of you who doubted my "source" , a big fat Pttttttttt to you!

The only reason I had optimism was with Chiarelli himself saying Kleffy would probably be back a little after RNH. That obviously hasn't been the case, so I'm not surprised. If he hasn't been back by now it really must be a slow process for the guy. :( Let's hope he can actually just get over this.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
The only reason I had optimism was with Chiarelli himself saying Kleffy would probably be back a little after RNH. That obviously hasn't been the case, so I'm not surprised. If he hasn't been back by now it really must be a slow process for the guy. :( Let's hope he can actually just get over this.

He meant the Second time for RNH :(

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
"Our arena is beautiful and state of the art, it has a jumbotron the size of NINE CALGARIAN JUMBOTRONS! Alsoklefbomwillneverplayhockeyagain But what a beautiful arena! Over to Jack Michaels, thanks so much"
- Oilers shills, next September.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I agree. But FFS, just as we get Klefbom breaking out and looking tremendous, this friggen happens. Like of course. A guy gets some rare infection no athlete has seen before

I think the Oilers need an exorcism of sorts
The organization is clearly cursed :shakehead

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Pretty goddamn sick of our constant injury problems year after year. Pretty sucky to have every impact player get injured, and have to worry about Klefbom, and Davidson having issues drag into next year.

****ing enough already.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't have a source for this but I remember reading a while ago that these staff infections were actually becoming alarmingly common in football with some organizations having major problems with them. Iirc, Tampa Bay was hit pretty hard.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Just torch Rexall after the last game. Every fan should bring a couple gallons of gas to the final game. Then once final buzzer goes every fan doses the arena in gas and McDavid throws the final match. After that its next talked about again

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
About a month an a half ago I mentioned on here I had some inside info that this boy was in a world of trouble and likely would miss the remainder of the season. To those of you who doubted my "source" , a big fat Pttttttttt to you!

Kudos for bringing real info to the board, I think a lot of us would've had your back if we were paying attention. I know I always assume the worst when updates are sparse.

Can we do this more often to the noobs and knobs who troll respected posters? Pbfft?

Heh heh, just kidding. Rules and all.

WhyteAveJesus

Aug 24, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Well this season has been a cavalcade of comedic injuries.

If any season would be plagued with injuries that result in Edmonton being bottom five again, at least it's this one. Y'know, with the draft prospects and all.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
It should be of grave concern that Klefbom has tissue removed due to infection and is having trouble skating. Furthermore he is using a fitted skate.

If removal of tissue has resulted in structural damage to his foot (Forsberg and Whitney also used customized skates and couldn't make it work) then we are looking at long-term irreversible effects.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab

Lots of athletes get MRSA. I don't know how squemish people are around here, but look up photos of Kevin Randlemans staph infection. It literally ate a hole in his body. About the size of a saucer.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

I think fans are coming out of the denial stage and into the bargaining stage - just hoping this doesn't continue into next year. I don't want to see the next stage.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It should be of grave concern that Klefbom has tissue removed due to infection and is having trouble skating. Furthermore he is using a fitted skate.

If removal of tissue has resulted in structural damage to his foot (Forsberg and Whitney also used customized skates and couldn't make it work) then we are looking at long-term irreversible effects.

I would say the odds that parts of his foot were removed that left him with permanent damage is extremely unlikely. He was skating intermittently during this whole process. The doctor would have to willfully remove tendons and bones for it to be permanent. I can't know exactly what he went through, but I doubt they hacked off half his leg.

I don't know what Forsberg had, but Whitney had a degenerative foot disorder. That's nothing like what Klefbom has.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
And oh the irony that pharmaplus "the owner" has to watch his ****tily managed hockey team erupt into a cacophony of flames due to antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
He's been out for so long now that I can't even remember what the original injury that was only supposed to keep him out of the lineup for a game or two was.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It's just bad news after bad news with this team. So depressing.

He's been out for so long now that I can't even remember what the original injury that was only supposed to keep him out of the lineup for a game or two was.

Fractured finger I think.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Could they do some type of surgery to have new cells repair the damage or even just do some form of plastic surgery to improve the comfort level?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's just bad news after bad news with this team. So depressing.

Fractured finger I think.

that fractured finger might have saved his career. Maybe the staph infection was only noticed in the first place because he had to go to the doctor for that finger. At that time, his infection could have been in a very early stage with an innocuous set of symptoms that didn't affect his play at all.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I just feel bad for poor Oscar. Not only does he miss the season, Staph infections are so brutal, even minor ones, never mind the oozing, gangrenous sore that his leg must resemble. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Well, maybe my worst.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

yeah, we really have to start coming to terms with the idea that we will never have klefbom back at full health... if this doesn't end his career outright, it likely negatively affects him enough to the point where he isn't useful anymore (whitney all over again)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad