Recalled/Assigned: Klefbom back down/Arcobello back up. The Ol' switcharoo

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Why is Smyth playing above Joensuu and why is Yakupov on the left. erg. least he's getting closer to an ideal lineup with Jones out I suppose.

and while Arc has played better than Gags, they aren't about to devalue their 4.8M signing and 2C for the long haul. think arco knew the deal walking in and once gags was back you can't have 2 players filling the same role. I understand the move, but the optics sure suck

Here are some answers:
- Smyth is a better hockey player than Joensuu at the moment. (not faster/younger/more flashy, just better)
- Yakupov to the left allows him to play top 6 minutes while still playing the 2 best RW on the team in the top 6. Also, don't be surprised if Hemsky and Yakupov switch wings during shifts if they're on the same line.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
This is a lesson for all you kids out there. Don't try, ever.

I have never been more ashamed of this feces infested organization as I am at this very moment.
Fans should be chanting ARCO-BELLO or WE WANT ARCO for the entirety of tonight's blowout loss.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
does it really matter?

they're gonna get slapped around for fun by the Sharks either way

Likely not. But it sends a real fine message to those that work hard and play the game the right way over those that don't. :shakehead

What a joke this organization has become.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Reason might be this

Arco went down because

1. They want to have top 2 pick Reinhart or Griffin. So let's keep line up as bad as possible.
2. They want give Gagner top 6 time so he can be traded during the season

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Say what you want.

But sending down the 3rd leading scorer on the team, when you're struggling for goals is BOLD.

Kudos to MacT for continuing to deliver the Bold moves!

:sarcasm:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
:edmonton

Shea Weber

:nashville

Jordan Eberle
Oscar Klefbom
2014 1st
2015 2nd

Could MacT actively be trying to pull something like this off?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
what a bunch of ********.

Acrobello has been drastically better than Gagner.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Why would Nashville want to trade Weber?

Because they aren't good and Weber costs a lot. I could see Nashville being open to just parting with him, getting a big return and building for the future with Jones as their franchise D-man.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wouldn't. I have no idea why anyone would, to be perfectly honest with you.

Also, this thread is embarrassing.

It is indeed.

Sort of representative of the standard HF over reaction though.

Jebus people....Arco will be back in short order.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Why would Nashville want to trade Weber?

Because other than Dmen they have no talent any where else and no stars? They aren't going to be a lotto team so they aren't drafting a star anytime soon. Maybe they get Yak or Eberle + 2014 1st and they finally get some offense out of someone not named Legwand in their forward core. If that team had some decent forward power they'd be almost like Chicago.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Don't like the move, but they need to get Gagner going. Can't keep Arcobello and try to move a slumping Gagner. Get his value/game up and go from there.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Slumping Arco should get his head back in the A then come tear it up later. The brass seem to be looking at all of the D-men which is only logical, as they need to choose who to keep.

TheWarriorSwe

Sep 14, 2013
Stavanger
And here the other 29 teams are acting like fools by using the training camp and pre-season to make their assessments.
What does the 29 other teams know? Are you doubting Eakings and McT arent 100% sure what they are doing? Did you miss the presser last night with McT? Everything is fine, they are in complete controll and have 100% faith in the current team. - Acrobello that is, kid actually tried out there damn him all to hell!!

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Two Fridays in a row, the laughing stock of the Hockey world..

Whats does MacT have in store for next week....

I guess "Minutes need to be earned" only counts for Chopping wood or carrying water, not for what you do on the ice...

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Never mind Arcobello over Acton for the fourth line- I'd take Arco over Gagner for the second line every day of the week. Where is this so called accountability that Eakins was preaching at training camp? What a joke.

Sethis

May 9, 2004
Really sorry to hear about Arcobello guys. Hang in there and good luck.

It's funny in a very unfortunate way the way people talk to an Oilers fan about the actions of their management is much the same as they talk to someone who has a disease about their sickness.

And telling.

And awful.

There is no way to defend this idiocy anymore. It honestly feels like I'm sick in the head for still caring.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
It's funny in a very unfortunate way the way people talk to an Oilers fan about the actions of their management is much the same as they talk to someone who has a disease about their sickness.

And telling.

And awful.

There is no way to defend this idiocy anymore. It honestly feels like I'm sick in the head for still caring.

I saw it in the Devils forum and came over here to pay my respects. So I guess you're right. There's no excuse. He's been absolutely brilliant for you guys and for my fantasy team (though no one cares, but there's my connection to him).

I really hope he's right back up here for you guys.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Well at least one positive we could get out if this, is that now we know the magical chairs, 6/7 D-man drama saga will be coming to an end soon, if they can figure out who to keep and w/who to part ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad