Recalled/Assigned: Klefbom back down/Arcobello back up. The Ol' switcharoo

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Yup the move has even stumped one of the top, most well informed and well connected minds in hockey.

Don't over analyze... Craig MacFord on the crack again.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Is Acton waiver exempt? If not, I guess I can see Arco being the odd man out for a game or whatever. Long term, he definitely has earned the 4C spot more than daddy's boy. Arco was the best forward on the ice for most of Wednesday's game against the Stars. And for a little guy, doesn't he lead the team in hits?

Honestly, who even cares at this point.

All I can say is that it's nice to see I'm not the only guy who groans and rolls his eyes super hard every time Eakins talks about chopping wood and carrying water. :laugh::laugh:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 9m

Oilers now say Klefbom won't join the team until tomorrow in Calgary

Just saw this poster on my twitter

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 12s
Only 6 healthy D in Edmonton, so Klefbom needed. Arcobello could get recalled as soon as after tonights game vs Sharks.

Thought Klefbom wont make it tonight though?

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Is Acton waiver exempt? If not, I guess I can see Arco being the odd man out for a game or whatever. Long term, he definitely has earned the 4C spot more than daddy's boy. Arco was the best forward on the ice for most of Wednesday's game against the Stars. And for a little guy, doesn't he lead the team in hits?

Honestly, who even cares at this point.

All I can say is that it's nice to see I'm not the only guy who groans and rolls his eyes super hard every time Eakins talks about chopping wood and carrying water. :laugh::laugh:

The reality is, who cares if he is?? Ain't nobody going to claim him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just out of curiosity why wasn't this done tomorrow instead of today when you know we could actually get use out of the players?

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I love the sain fans trying to understand what our crazy management does. Lol!

oh-boy.gif

But yeah, I agree.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Arco's a decent player and a good guy, but come on guys, he isn't where where they win or lose. is it fair? no. is it going to sink them? too late. it's showcase time and get ready for next year. could Klefbom be part of this Weber deal?

This isn't the reason why myself, and I'm assuming others are upset.
The upsetting nature of this move comes along with the theme of "accountability", or lack thereof. Arcobello is one of our better players right now, and deserves ice time, but gets sent down?

Gagner plays like crap, and gets tops minutes?

Yakupov is benched, although he's no more worse than Gagner. Etc.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Has to be a d-man being shipped out no???

Why wouldn't they have kept Fedun up?

Fedun scored 2 goals. Maybe MacT feared he'd break this trend of improvement and progression he sees in the team that he spoke about yesterday in his media comments. 3 shutouts in a row at home is a pretty fancy streak I guess.

Arcobello likely bringing the team down as well somehow. 2nd best faceoff man on the team... leads all forwards in hits... only -3 in 20 games on a team when a half dozen of his teammates are in double digit minuses. Easy to see he's not a team player and is showboating out there with his decent effort and willingness to contribute and compete.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I guess it might be a lesson... work your ass off and try to contribute and we can still send you down... Eakins gets the message through that no one is safe on the roster.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
You don't showcase a guy (Klefbom) by throwing him to the wolves on the worst defensive team in the league.

Oilers needed a d-man. He was their current option there. Arcobello was an easy contract move because it's for one freaking game and there was zero point in risking another asset (Acton) by moving him.

None of this is rocket surgery folks, and none of it is so shocking that people should flip out.

It actually all makes complete sense.

Arcobello will be back within a game or two at worst.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
So they sent down Arcobello cause they wanted a bigger lineup...

and we only will have 5 D tonight....

great.

EDIT: Ference out tonight.

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
AHL championship this year!!!! That's the goal. Then management can sell us on the "future." Arcobello and Omark will be sick together.

At first I was super upset when I saw this, but if it's for a few games I do not mind it. Give Arco big minutes in the AHL for a few games rather than being a 4th line guy.
As for Klefbom, I wouldn't have brought him up, but they probably didn't want to bring a guy up like Hunt or Fedun since they'd have to clear waivers again... and well I was not impressed with Corey Potter, I'd probably rather have Klefbom in and struggling then Potter.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Every day I just get closer and closer to being done with this stupid team.

It's almost like they're doing this on purpose so they can move the team somewhere else. There's no other explanation for it.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
You don't showcase a guy (Klefbom) by throwing him to the wolves on the worst defensive team in the league.

Oilers needed a d-man. He was their current option there. Arcobello was an easy contract move because it's for one freaking game and there was zero point in risking another asset (Acton) by moving him.

None of this is rocket surgery folks, and none of it is so shocking that people should flip out.

It actually all makes complete sense.

Arcobello will be back within a game or two at worst.

:naughty:

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I'll echo most everyone's same thoughts. Way better options to demote than Arco.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->