Recalled/Assigned: Klefbom back down/Arcobello back up. The Ol' switcharoo

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
@ryandittrick: Well, now is an appropriate time to mention that Andrew Ference did not skate this morning. #Oilers

There we go. Finally a reason. Should Klefbom be the first call up? NOPE.

Also, isn't Acton waiver eligible?

Smac? No one is picking him up off of waivers. He should have gone down before Arcobello.

Stupidity, and no accountability still reign supreme here.

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
Though I will say if everything's based on play like MacT and Eakins keep on saying.

Arco would be playing 2C before Gagner

He'd be playing 3 line W before Jones and likely Smyth (though Smyth has looked okay some games)

And really I know he's been injured, but Arco should be playing ahead of Joensuu, until Joensuu starts playing like he was in the preseason

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
Smac? No one is picking him up off of waivers. He should have gone down before Arcobello.

Stupidity, and no accountability still reign supreme here.

Is Smack on the 23 man roster right now? or is he on long term IR?

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Arcobello has 2 goals and is -8 in his last 9 games. If he is not producing like he was he was always a candidate to go down, even if a guy like Gagner deserves to sit out. It does us no good to put small forwards like Arcobello or Gagner on the wing on lower lines.

Having said that, keeping Will Acton instead is worrisome.

Because Acton's father is associate coach.

So Fire Lowe fire MacTAvish, fire Eakins fire Acton

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
I wish someone would have claimed Jones when we sent him down.... he isn't doing much for us and it seems that they're in love with him again.

He's who I'd have sent down.

I bet that's what MacT told Eakins... we aren't winning because Jones isn't playing... in years past we've had a better record with him in the lineup

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Off topic, but what in the blue hell does "chop wood; carry water" even mean? Is it, like, Real Man talk for "work hard" or something? Or, "get back to basics"? I don't even. :huh:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Is Smack on the 23 man roster right now? or is he on long term IR?

"Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Smyth - Gordon - Perron
Smac - Arco - Jones

Ference - Petry
Belov - Larsen
N.Schultz - Potter

Dubnyk"

From the GDT, he's supposedly playing tonight.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I'm very interested to see Klefbom if he plays tomorrow night.

I'm not upset in the decision to sit Acrobello against the Sharks. Mostly because I'm not as impressed with Arco as most people around here have been.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

**** THIS TEAM

******* it
this team doesn't know talent even if it slaps you in the face.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Off topic, but what in the blue hell does "chop wood; carry water" even mean? Is it, like, Real Man talk for "work hard" or something? Or, "get back to basics"? I don't even. :huh:

Chop wood means work hard, carry water means support the plan from the higher ups.

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
Klefa's been pretty up and down in the AHL this year, I can't think that throwing him into an NHL lineup, especially on a team whose defense has been struggling, is a great plan. Guy is a huge talent, seems pretty risky to throw him in like this.

Also Arco should be centering the second line in Edmonton but I guess it will be nice to have him back here for a bit.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I'm very interested to see Klefbom if he plays tomorrow night.

I'm not upset in the decision to sit Acrobello against the Sharks. Mostly because I'm not as impressed with Arco as most people around here have been.

Are you more impressed with Acton?

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
"Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Smyth - Gordon - Perron
Smac - Arco - Jones

Ference - Petry
Belov - Larsen
N.Schultz - Potter

Dubnyk"

From the GDT, he's supposedly playing tonight.

These are the lines via Bob and confirmed by the Oilers.
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Gordon-Perron
Joensuu-Acton-Gazdic

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Official reason for move:

Oilers wanted Acton in, and a heavier lineup, so they temporarily sent down Arcobello in order to get Klefbom on a plane today rather than tomorrow.

Still, Arco scratch irks me.

aseef26

Mar 20, 2008
Ottawa
These are the lines via Bob and confirmed by the Oilers.
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Gordon-Perron
Joensuu-Acton-Gazdic

Why is Smyth playing above Joensuu and why is Yakupov on the left. erg. least he's getting closer to an ideal lineup with Jones out I suppose.

and while Arc has played better than Gags, they aren't about to devalue their 4.8M signing and 2C for the long haul. think arco knew the deal walking in and once gags was back you can't have 2 players filling the same role. I understand the move, but the optics sure suck

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
Arco's a decent player and a good guy, but come on guys, he isn't where where they win or lose. is it fair? no. is it going to sink them? too late. it's showcase time and get ready for next year. could Klefbom be part of this Weber deal?

Getting ready for next year IS having guys like Arco playing in the show and tuning their games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->