Injury Report: Klay Thompson tears his ACL

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
it's gonna be curry and dray next season even if klay does come back. i don't think that's a playoff team in a stacked WC

I wouldn't be surprised if Iguodala calls it a career. Maybe Livingston too. Much of the depth they had during their first championship just isn't there.

After all the long playoff runs it's a good year to recoup and reset.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
crazy that he was jogging and trying to stay in the game on a torn ACL. hope he can recover quickly and remain the player he is

I tore my MCL and damaged my meniscus 2 years ago. I took a practice skate between periods and played a shift after. Wasn't until I sat back on the bench it kicked in.

You rarely know how bad it is with those ligaments at first.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
End of the Warriors? I'm sure they'll still be a top team in the West but their automatic bid to the Finals at the very least appears to be dead.

Wow, for the first time in a long-ass time, we have no idea who is going to be in the Finals next June. Could be anybody really, well anyone that is not tanking and/or has god-awful management (Suns, Knicks).

I'm not sure there's anyone in the West who can beat them, the Lakers are probably a year or two away even if they get Davis. Houston is a mess. Denver and Portland might be closest.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm not sure there's anyone in the West who can beat them, the Lakers are probably a year or two away even if they get Davis. Houston is a mess. Denver and Portland might be closest.

Without Klay and KD? There’s several teams that can beat them.

Curry isn’t good enough to carry a team without another high end scorer.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

darko

Feb 16, 2009

How is Houston a mess? They'll have pretty much the same team again next season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I tore my MCL and damaged my meniscus 2 years ago. I took a practice skate between periods and played a shift after. Wasn't until I sat back on the bench it kicked in.

You rarely know how bad it is with those ligaments at first.

Phillip Rivers played an entire game with torn ACL and meniscus.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Without Klay and KD? There’s several teams that can beat them.

Curry isn’t good enough to carry a team without another high end scorer.

They will likely be back for playoffs. Tough part will be getting there.

How is Houston a mess? They'll have pretty much the same team again next season.

Playing chicken with their coach heading into contract year. Chris Paul wants out, although there's probably no market for his contract. Morey wants to deal Gordon and/or Capela....basically they are trying to fit different puzzle pieces around Harden to see if they can finally win. They don't have a strong core beyond Harden though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
They will likely be back for playoffs. Tough part will be getting there.

Playing chicken with their coach heading into contract year. Chris Paul wants out, although there's probably no market for his contract. Morey wants to deal Gordon and/or Capela....basically they are trying to fit different puzzle pieces around Harden to see if they can finally win. They don't have a strong core beyond Harden though.

They won't trade Capela. Paul isn't going anywhere. The coach can f*** off.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Klay and the refs would've won this game for the GSW

I never like to see players get injured, but as someone cheering for the Raps I have to acknowledge that his injury really provided the Raps a solid chance of winning
If Klay didn't get hurt there would have been a game 7.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Phillip Rivers played an entire game with torn ACL and meniscus.

While football is a much more physical sport than basketball, Rivers was only playing once a week and his knees only had to deal with the grass. Klay's knees would bang with the hardwood floor almost every other night.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
While football is a much more physical sport than basketball, Rivers was only playing once a week and his knees only had to deal with the grass. Klay's knees would bang with the hardwood floor almost every other night.

Klay only ran back out for his free throws.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I wasn't comparing. Just pointing out that playing with a torn ACL isn't all that unusual.

Also I remember Travis Henry playing with a broken bone in his foot. At the time je said that walking was painful but he actually felt fine running. Weird shit.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Debatable, CP3 is really trending downward these days, Capela looks decent and Harden is good, but I am not convinced the way that team plays is going to work.

Yeah look I can see why you'd be sceptical but this is the almost identical team that pushed GSW to the brink the year before. Just older and minus Ariza.

I think with GSW demise next season they'll go for 1 final push.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah look I can see why you'd be sceptical but this is the almost identical team that pushed GSW to the brink the year before. Just older and minus Ariza.

I think with GSW demise next season they'll go for 1 final push.

To eb fair, they said the same things this year. Same team, almost beat GSW etc.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If they can get Cousins on a good deal that might be able to get them to the playoffs.

Oh I think they’ll make the playoffs fine. You can be a pretty mediocre team and make the NBA playoffs. The question is once they get there.

Unless something crazy happens, they’re likely not getting home court advantage with the roster they have and they have very limited ability to add players, especially ones who provide anything more than a couple minutes a night.

KD is more than likely gone the whole season, even if he returns, it would likely be a couple rounds into the playoffs.

Klay is in a similar boat although a fast return might have him ready at the start of the playoffs, but you have to wonder what he can provide being so rusty.

So is a Curry who likely will have to play more (both in terms of minutes and activity in game) than he’s used to going to be able to carry a team beyond a better team in round 1 when he doesn’t have home court? I’d be very surprised.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Oh I think they’ll make the playoffs fine. You can be a pretty mediocre team and make the NBA playoffs. The question is once they get there.

Not in the West you can't. People penciling in them for the playoffs made the same mistake with the Lakers last season.

I can see Houston making the Finals. Winning it all is another story. They've had two golden opportunities the past two years and blew it both times. I'm not convinced they won't do the same with Golden State likely out of the way.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It'll be interesting to see if there's mutual interest in Cousins returning to Golden State

A starting lineup with Curry, Green and a healthy Cousins should have no problem making the playoffs

Reactions: Stylizer1

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It'll be interesting to see if there's mutual interest in Cousins returning to Golden State

A starting lineup with Curry, Green and a healthy Cousins should have no problem making the playoffs

I think money might be an issue. The Warriors can’t give him much of a raise and another team could easily double their offer.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think money might be an issue. The Warriors can’t give him much of a raise and another team could easily double their offer.
No team is going to offer Cousins a max deal because of his injuries. I can see GS giving him a 1 year deal. Not sure teams are ready to take a chance on him yet.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No team is going to offer Cousins a max deal because of his injuries. I can see GS giving him a 1 year deal. Not sure teams are ready to take a chance on him yet.

I don’t think anyone is offering him max, but Warriors too out at something like 6.5 mil per and teams were already willing to give him at least double that last year. Gotta figure a few are easily willing to do mid teens for a 1-2 year deal. That’s a lotta cash to leave on the table just to likely have zero shot at a title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad