Injury Report: Klay Thompson tears his ACL

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just awful. Horrible couple of days for injuries to great players. Hopefully he comes back as the same player and still gets the max contract he deserves this summer.

He really tore his ACL, came jogging back, hit two FTs, and then jogged back to the locker room with the hope of returning.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Safe to say there will probably be a new team emerging from the West next season.

This why a dynasty will never last forever. Crazy that Chicago was able to avoid pretty much any of this in the 90's.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Golden State goes from top dog to honestly being in danger of missing the playoffs.

The dynasty ends through no act of their own. That's brutal.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
When he jogged back out to play, I was hella skeptical since he'd been flopping all season, even pulled his hamstring while trying to draw a call.

After he got pulled, though, I figured it had to be serious. Plus you'd think the Warriors dont want to be the team that drove both KD and Klay into the ground.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
And just like that, the dynasty is likely over. Unreal he came back out - just shows the adrenaline these guys operate on.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
When I thought the Warriors .org. Was going to put him in the game I was PISSED. Curry and clay will be back, don’t ruin two stars careers

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Golden State goes from top dog to honestly being in danger of missing the playoffs.

The dynasty ends through no act of their own. That's brutal.

Not close. Curry is still a top 5 player in the game, Green is up there, and they’ve got surprisingly decent depth.

They’ll “struggle” next year relative to their past success, but they should absolutely be a playoff team still. Them missing the playoffs entirely would be a massive upset.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
They reached the Finals five straight years. That shit adds up.

Unless you're an outlier such as Lebron and Jordan.

They’ll “struggle” next year relative to their past success, but they should absolutely be a playoff team still. Them missing the playoffs entirely would be a massive upset.

Maybe if they played in the East. But not in the West..

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
They reached the Finals five straight years. That **** adds up.

Unless you're an outlier such as Lebron and Jordan.
One of those dudes takes steroids and the other is just a stone cold competitor who don't give no ****s bout nothin....and also took some time off to recover in the form of gambling and playing baseball

I hate GSW but do respect and like them Splash Brothers, especially Klay. best wishes on the recovery

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Klay and the refs would've won this game for the GSW

I never like to see players get injured, but as someone cheering for the Raps I have to acknowledge that his injury really provided the Raps a solid chance of winning

Reactions: irunthepeg

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
One of those dudes takes steroids and the other is just a stone cold competitor who don't give no ****s bout nothin....and also took some time off to recover in the form of gambling and playing baseball...
NBA players have tons of free time. Jordan didn't retire to give up millions and gamble. :laugh: He wanted to play baseball.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
He retired to play baseball. Gambling and resting had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Semantics bro. While he was playing baseball he subsequently rejuvenated from 3 straight finals, and of course he gambled
"Besides, it’s been rumored that his first retirement was actually a secret gambling suspension, but that the league didn’t want to taint the image of the ultimate face of the NBA, the guy that made this sport so popular and beloved."- some random article I found in 30 seconds

Reactions: Voight

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Safe to say there will probably be a new team emerging from the West next season.

This why a dynasty will never last forever. Crazy that Chicago was able to avoid pretty much any of this in the 90's.

Rockets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad