Post-Game Talk: KK's $20 signing bonus wins again. Ducharme's team loses once again.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Not that it matters but how in the living hell are we not shut down? We don’t have an NHL roster to ice, not even an AHL one.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Were you not following the team at the start of the year?

MB is long gone, and hopefully the excuse factory with him

Should have told him were you not following the team for the past 6 years?

Over half a decade and people are still finding excuses for this shit franchise.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
this is spot on. it's been a perfect shit-storm; starting early with Carey and Shea's status, no Corey, Staal etc for leadership, Bergevin's inability to improve D whatsoever, the fiasco at C with letting Danault and KK walk for nothing, resigning mumbles for 3 freakin' years, mailloux and on and on

It was the perfect storm that finally convinced ownership to rid itself of an incompetent.

Unfortunately, it also left behind a disaster of epic proportions.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What an insult.
Concierge do a lot of good work.
Unlike dumb dom

I’m afraid that aura of respectability went out the window in a recent episode of Curb your enthusiasm, where Bill Hader playing a concierge, was not so “shplendid”:

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Why on earth do poeple on this board need to be so immature, mean and condescending for people that are part of this organization. Is Ducharme the perfect coach? Probably not, his he a moron and the hundreds names mean little f***ers on this board call him.. absolutly not.

The guy as a weak record on a team that had one of the crazyest schedule of all time due to covid (last year) and where we started the year with two of there top 6 D away (Weber and Edmondston) and without the key leaders that brougth him to the finals last year (Price, Webber, Perry and Stall) and all this with one of the shortest break in the NHL history.

Now the so called geneous said we will keep Ducharm for the rest of the season because he knows there is no way to evaluate him currently.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This is the danger of allowing another tank next year.

There is no danger of a rebuild if it’s done right. The problem with the players mentality this year is they’re under the impression that they’re better then they are. Going to the SCF just 6 months ago doesn’t help. It’s a toxic environment. Doesn’t help when you having vets like Petry and Gallagher moping around telling the world this isn’t what they signed up for. They have a lot of mess to clean up. We haven’t even entered the real rebuild stage yet. We just simply stink something fierce because the former regime burned the team to the ground.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Why on earth do poeple on this board need to be so immature, mean and condescending for people that are part of this organization. Is Ducharme the perfect coach? Probably not, his he a moron and the hundreds names mean little f***ers on this board call him.. absolutly not.

The guy as a weak record on a team that had one of the crazyest schedule of all time due to covid (last year) and where we started the year with two of there top 6 D away (Weber and Edmondston) and without the key leaders that brougth him to the finals last year (Price, Webber, Perry and Stall) and all this with one of the shortest break in the NHL history.

Now the so called geneous said we will keep Ducharm for the rest of the season because he knows there is no way to evaluate him currently.
yes, there are plenty of players out right now, but what about the start of the year? Last year?
His regular season record is atrocious.
His line-up decisions and development/usage of young players is cringe.
His system is either bad or he is unable to explain it properly as I can count on 1 hand the number of games Ive seen the team play as a complete unit for 60 min.
His only positive I can credit him for is the playoff run, which I attribute much more to Price and the vets than him (not to mention he wasn’t actually there for all the games but I digress).
He lacks motivation tactics and mumbles through press conferences (I can only imagine his intermission pep speeches).
Besides that, ya he’s alright.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I think the way the team is playing without its key members is a living proof that the system works and is understood. Some of the vets just abandonned on that system though.

Again not saying he isbthe coach i would pick but there is no way you or anyone half sane can evaluate his work rigth now...

Reactions: Mandala

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs are headed for the Savoie this year. Berard next year. After getting to finals last year. Surprise team in bubble 2 years ago. All awhile team making record profits.

Many teams would trade places with us.

We have our pluses!

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Another point for KK tonight.....

He's gonna be dominant in a couple years from now.....

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think the way the team is playing without its key members is a living proof that the system works and is understood. Some of the vets just abandonned on that system though.

Again not saying he isbthe coach i would pick but there is no way you or anyone half sane can evaluate his work rigth now...

Ducharme doesn't have some magical system that no other coach has. The job of the coach is to get their team to actually play any system at all. In this respect, Ducharme is a laughing stock. Like, what is his system anyways? Give up the puck willingly?

Reactions: zeeto

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Call me crazy but i'll take this over all those no man's land seasons we've had for many many years.....

At least we have direction now......If we can hit big on some lottery pics we can be like the Av's and Panthers in a few years from now........

If Colorado gets goaltending i think they win the cup this year.....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
yes, there are plenty of players out right now, but what about the start of the year? Last year?
His regular season record is atrocious.
His line-up decisions and development/usage of young players is cringe.
His system is either bad or he is unable to explain it properly as I can count on 1 hand the number of games Ive seen the team play as a complete unit for 60 min.
His only positive I can credit him for is the playoff run, which I attribute much more to Price and the vets than him (not to mention he wasn’t actually there for all the games but I digress).
He lacks motivation tactics and mumbles through press conferences (I can only imagine his intermission pep speeches).
Besides that, ya he’s alright.
Bang on...........should be stickied at the top of the page, of the Dom Dom threads.....

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Let kids play. Rest or trade the vets. Hopefuly draft well and finally develop the players you have. No miracles, patience and time.

I hope Gallagher rests this season. Only play the vets you want to keep or can be traded.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Let kids play. Rest or trade the vets. Hopefuly draft well and finally develop the players you have. No miracles, patience and time.

I hope Gallagher rests this season. Only play the vets you want to keep or can be traded.
Gally at 6.5M is just as bad as Drouin at 5.5M......................man Bergevin sucked at contracts....
Hoping we can get something nice for Gally in a trade, and some Subway coupons for Drouin...
12M spent on these guys..........and getting almost nothing out of them.......

Reactions: NotProkofievian

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Gally at 6.5M is just as bad as Drouin at 5.5M......................man Bergevin sucked at contracts....
Hoping we can get something nice for Gally in a trade, and some Subway coupons for Drouin...
12M spent on these guys..........and getting almost nothing out of them.......
gally tries, drouin does not try.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
gally tries, drouin does not try.
Very true.........but right now it would seem Gally trying has resulted in nothing....and hearing remarks that he is not happy...not sure if that's true or not, but guys like him and Petry are NOT earning their pay.
It's not the Try real Hard League, it the got to get it Done league.
As for Drouin, that guy is a lost cause....5 years of nothing ...

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018

The title of this thread shows the pettiness and ignorance by people who claim to know better than the average fan, well the average fan can take a look at this lineup and know any coach would have bad results.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Were you not following the team at the start of the year?

MB is long gone, and hopefully the excuse factory with him
Yup, no problem condemning the start of the season, but with the lineup we have the last few games ? Scotty Bowman behind the bench with John Cooper and Larry Robinson as assistants would look just as bad. The roster is at best a 2nd tier AHL lineup. If this catastrophic season has shown 1 thing, it's that our prospect pool is extremely weak, border line garbage. At this point, I think only Romanov, and Suzuki if he could be sheltered a bit behind a genuine #1 center are untouchables. Every othe player, either prospect or veteran could be gone for all I care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad