Post-Game Talk: KK wins it for the Canes. Bergevin loses again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
KK 30 pts on stacked team. Dvo 28 pts on shit AHL team. Drafting KK was a massive mistake.

Agreed. How much fun is it to debate the difference between Dvorak and KK when we rather not have either of them.

KK proving why he was drafted 3rd overall.

What an absolute ROCKET!!!!

Maybe in 8 years he will want to come back "home" to Montreal, if only we could be so lucky....

How is KK proving why he was drafted 3rd OA? Because he scored on a penalty shot? Come on man. He's not some 4th line bump but he's not a top 5 value pick either. More like a 3C still in development for years.

Hey bud, Pitlick scored on the penalty shot too. :naughty:

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
KK 30 pts on stacked team. Dvo 28 pts on shit AHL team. Drafting KK was a massive mistake.

Huh? Someone said KK proved why we took him 3rd overall, I said Brady Tkachuk would have something to say about that. Brady Tkachuk >>>>> KK

Not sure what you're going on about.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Huh? Someone said KK proved why we took him 3rd overall, I said Brady Tkachuk would have something to say about that. Brady Tkachuk >>>>> KK

Not sure what you're going on about.

I didn’t say that. I said its not loss that he left, because he isn’t anything special.

Don’t get all worked up, breathe.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
KK plays average 14min a game on a thirdline most of year

Dvorak plays on pk pp and average of 16:50 a game most of the time on the top 6.

Id take KK over this vanilla bum
As for mistake i agree. Drafting by need is dumb like we did last draft. We never learn

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Dvorak plays on pk pp and average of 16:50 a game most of the time on the top 6.

As for mistake i agree. Drafting by need is dumb like we did last draft. We never learn

Other than the first line, the rest of the habs are scrubs! Dvo plays with crap linemates and has just about the same production.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think the mistake they made was thinking it was a waive of talent and then went with the center. Tkachuk was overlooked cause people thought his world juniors was a small tournament fluke and KK's U18's mattered more while Tkachuk's skating was an issue and he wasn't putting up "production" in the NCAA in his draft year. Blah blah blah. I fell into that trap, I admit. I was very high on Tkachuk and I let others influence me. Lesson learned.

Looking back, My gut feeling on Tkachuk performing well in both eye test and production at the WJC was legit. Remember when some drafting poster experts said Tkachuk was not even a top 10 value and used the "remember McCarron" narrative? You don't draft for size? :facepalm:

I remember those days very well.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Picking KK over Tkachuk was 100% positional. We wanted and needed a #1C. Sometimes you have to take BPA. Sometimes you don't.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

They both suck as a 2C, don’t see why there should be a comparison when the difference is marginal at best.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lol...

People seem to forget JKO is the same age as Dach (6month difference).

He's better than Dvorak today, and, odds are he will get significantly better before he hits his ceiling/career plateau.

At this point, only question is how high will that ceiling be. 3C is already the floor, 2C well within reach, 1C not at all out of the question.

The problem wasn't us picking him where we did, it was how awful the team's hockey ops & player development approach was.

Ppl still hurt over Brady seem to forget that Zadina was the preference for many posters & pundits at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad