Post-Game Talk: KK wins it for the Canes. Bergevin loses again.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I never watched the game. The so called experts on here were saying we never had a chance. I didn't want to see embarrassment. Canes a Cup contender with second best record in NHL. With 9 regulators out we did alright.

CAllers on 690 were ripping MSL, putting Drouin in shootout. Another guy said Pezz was explaining game to him on laptop.
They said last night, the Canes have a 820 winning percentage since Jan 1st...........better than the Broons....

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Dvorak is like a bag of regular chips after a kid licked all the salt out of each one of them and put them back in the bag.
Like the chocolate covered almonds Nana sucked the chocolate off of and put back in the bowl.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I didn't know Dvorak at the time of the trade, but I know that there were tons of people on here saying that the Habs would do great to acquire that undervalued player, and we're thrilled with the acquisition.

durojean

May 29, 2007
FML… that was just a summer of mistakes…

Letting the KK situation escalate to an OS.

Panic trading the compensation and overpaying for Dvorak.

Signing Armia AND Hoffman to albatrosses of a contract.

Letting Danault walk I think was necessary though it obviously hurts us for short and medium term.

That draft… but I’m giving Mailloux the benefit of the doubt now.
I don't care what anyone says. Bergevin should have signed KK to the offersheet.

He replaced a 21 year old with a lot of potential with a 26 year old with a average of 30 pts per season.

6 mil was way too much, but it still was for 1 year only.

If we'd sign that extension, we could also have avoided the hoffman contract.

I hate the Bergevin regime with a passion, Was he a competant GM, we would be perennial contender by now. Instead, we are bottom of the barrel after of the last 7 years without making the real playoffs. ( I don't count the covid playoffs, we were heading for bottom 5 at the time )

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
KK to the rescue!

Better than 2 pts in regulation. Almost happened.

Anybody blaming MSL today about using a coaches challenge on the disallowed goal?

I don't care what anyone says. Bergevin should have signed KK to the offersheet.

He replaced a 21 year old with a lot of potential with a 26 year old with a average of 30 pts per season.

I hate the Bergevin regime with a passion, Was he a competant GM, we would be perennial contender by now. Instead, we are bottom of the barrel after of the last 7 years without making the real playoffs. ( I don't count the covid playoffs, we were heading for bottom 5 at the time )

Think deeper. We should have signed Danault and not Hoffman/Armia. However, I guess not having Danault helped us tank.

Doesn't matter now. Look forward, not backwards.

Reactions: double5son10

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I didn't know Dvorak at the time of the trade, but I know that there were tons of people on here saying that the Habs would do great to acquire that undervalued player, and we're thrilled with the acquisition.

Dvorak was trending well on a bad team and by not signing Danault and with the KK offer sheet, our hand was forced. A late 1st and a future 2nd. Are we really going to get burned by that? Doubt it.

Just cause KK is having a moment, it don't mean he will be a top 2C for the foreseeable future. He's going to show flashes of offensive but his overall game still needs serious work. 30 pts with 12 goals in 62 games on a legit contender is nothing to brag about.

They said last night, the Canes have a 820 winning percentage since Jan 1st...........better than the Broons....

QLzOmnN.png

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Dvorak was trending well on a bad team and by not signing Danault and with the KK offer sheet, our hand was forced. A late 1st and a future 2nd. Are we really going to get burned by that? Doubt it.

Just cause KK is having a moment, it don't mean he will be a top 2C for the foreseeable future. He's going to show flashes of offensive but his overall game still needs serious work. 30 pts with 12 goals in 62 games on a legit contender is nothing to brag about.

QLzOmnN.png
Think it was quoted as right after a 4 game losing streak................anyhow, they played down to the habs level last night, and the habs at least made it entertaing!! lol

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Think it was quoted as right after a 4 game losing streak................anyhow, they played down to the habs level last night, and the habs at least made it entertaing!! lol

Say what we want to say, Habs have played very well over the last month or so. We have given some top end teams a lot of trouble. Certainly not getting blown out of games as frequent.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Not having KK in the long run, no biggie for me..........and yes I really liked the player. Should we have avoided Dvo, yes for sure.........the clown GM lost KK and Danault very quickly, and just got even more stupid with DVo instead of keeping the pick...........
Moving forward, we have Dach, so it's all good.....

Say what we want to say, Habs have played very well over the last month or so. We have given some top end teams a lot of trouble. Certainly not getting blown out of games as frequent.
Yes, with 9-10 guys missing, we have almost done too well.
The last 18-19 games is not going to be pretty..........would like to see us get in the bottom 5 for the lottery.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

durojean

May 29, 2007
Not having KK in the long run, no biggie for me..........and yes I really liked the player. Should we have avoided Dvo, yes for sure.........the clown GM lost KK and Danault very quickly, and just got even more stupid with DVo instead of keeping the pick...........
Moving forward, we have Dach, so it's all good.....

Yes, with 9-10 guys missing, we have almost done too well.
The last 18-19 games is not going to be pretty..........would like to see us get in the bottom 5 for the lottery.

The way I see it, we should never lose great assets for nothing or at least until they are past their development cap.

KK should have juste started playing in the NHL when we got sour on him. We lost half of the reset he started in one summer. It was completely awful.

Danault was never going to resign with MTL with Bergevin as a GM. He even said it himself. He got completely disrespected in the negotiation.

All those assets were lost for completely nothing which makes it even worst.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Just saw this … ridiculous pass.

Not a fan of Jo, but wonder how many points he’d have playing with Svech and Necas, since some are lamenting the loss of KK.

Reactions: junyab

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I asked on the Canes board a few weeks ago, in a respectful manner so that they wouldn't get defensive, given all the Habs fans harassing them.

They said that Kotkaniemi was probably unlucky in the first part of the season, lucky in the second half, and the average is probably around what he is.

I think he'll be a good middle six C. Like Eller was with Washington, but a little better.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just saw this … ridiculous pass.

Not a fan of Jo, but wonder how many points he’d have playing with Svech and Necas, since some are lamenting the loss of KK.

LOL
I KNEWWW this would happen too, it's so seemless it looks like this great IQ no look pass Drouin just pulls out of his ass

But if you look at every OTHER replay
You'll see he was trying to deke, the defenseman stick comes in, pokes the puck off him and right to Hoffman

It wasn't a pass at all lol

expy

Nov 2, 2010
LOL
I KNEWWW this would happen too, it's so seemless it looks like this great IQ no look pass Drouin just pulls out of his ass

But if you look at every OTHER replay
You'll see he was trying to deke, the defenseman stick comes in, pokes the puck off him and right to Hoffman

It wasn't a pass at all lol
It's clear as day when it was live too that he got poke-checked. TSN even corrected themselves later and said "even if he didn't mean to do it".

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I don't really disagree about KK. I really also don't know what Bergy's strategy was... I mean, he obviously thought we were good enough to compete still which is why I think Dvorak, Hoffman were pursued. However, he had to know in the background what was happening with Weber and Price.

So, instead of matching the $6m offer sheet, he basically buried us in cap hell with bloated contracts spread elsewhere. While I don't think he deliberately sabotaged us, he was a lame duck GM who didn't give a F*** on his way out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I asked on the Canes board a few weeks ago, in a respectful manner so that they wouldn't get defensive, given all the Habs fans harassing them.

They said that Kotkaniemi was probably unlucky in the first part of the season, lucky in the second half, and the average is probably around what he is.

I think he'll be a good middle six C. Like Eller was with Washington, but a little better.
This is what he always was. Carolina have a good young replacement for Jordan Staal. He is definitely a higher event player than Dvorak and it's also evident he is filling out that lanky frame. Thanks to our previous regime he became a Pure Fail from an asset management perspective particularly when we did go off the board somewhat to get him in the first place.

Reactions: Redux91 and FloJack

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I would be happy Carolina picks and not trading for Dvo. KK is now 22. He has 30 points in about 60 games playing 2C for a powerhouse team. He often gets Svechinov as his winger. At KK’s contract, I would much rather have a late first.

Dvo was a bad trade but we essentially ended up replacing KK with Dach. I’d rather have Dach as our young C with potential than KK.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's clear as day when it was live too that he got poke-checked. TSN even corrected themselves later and said "even if he didn't mean to do it".
The play happened right below me live. I wasn't bowled over with any playmaking on that goal. Poor coverage is what I came away with.

Reactions: expy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad