Post-Game Talk: KK wins it for the Canes. Bergevin loses again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just saw this … ridiculous pass.

Not a fan of Jo, but wonder how many points he’d have playing with Svech and Necas, since some are lamenting the loss of KK.

I'm not sure. Was it a pass or was it the defenders stick that deflected it towards Hoffman?

When I watched the game last night, at first, I was like dam... What a pass. But then they showed another angle and the defenders stick was the reason why it went to Hoffman. I think Drouin was trying to go 5 hole.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala and Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I'm not sure. Was it a pass or was it the defenders stick that deflected it towards Hoffman.

When I watched the game last night, at first, I was like dam... What a pass. But then they showed another angle and the defenders stick was the reason why it went to Hoffman. I think Drouin was trying to go 5 hole.
God damn, the one good play … ruined! lol

• Haha
Reactions: junyab and Rapala

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm not sure. Was it a pass or was it the defenders stick that deflected it towards Hoffman?

I don't think it was a pass. Looks like he just lost the puck when the dman poke checked him.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Looking at the tank lottery, I think we got a solid chance to drop below the YOTES and maybe catching the ducks/sharks in a perfect world .
Our schedule is not easy on one hand, but on the other many of those teams near the end will be resting key players and calling up kids before the post season...

Time has come people , Pray for the tank and Pray for more JD in the shoot outs!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think it was a pass. Looks like he just lost the puck when the dman poke checked him.

Agreed. I think he has decent vision but come on man... that's elite level vision if it was a pass. The defenders stick clearly was a factor. Drouin was trying his typical back hand to 5 hole move. Rarely works for him.

Looking at the tank lottery, I think we got a solid chance to drop below the YOTES and maybe catching the ducks/sharks in a perfect world .
Our schedule is not easy on one hand, but on the other many of those teams near the end will be resting key players and calling up kids before the post season...

Time has come people , Pray for the tank and Pray for more JD in the shoot outs!

MSL needs to catch Covid for a week or two. :laugh:. He's the ultimate anti Tank wall. To be serious, I'm very impressed on how much he is getting out of this group with all those injuries.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would trade Hoffman, Dvorak, Armia and Gallagher altogether for KK

4 players for 1?

eaemhsb.jpg

1iK5C2l.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1909

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Happy for Kotkaniemi. Not sure why there's this big push to finger-wag at people for being down on Kotkaniemi previously or having preferred the Dvorak acquisition to matching the offer sheet though. He looks like he's on track to pan out as something in the Lars Eller to Charlie Coyle range. I'm happy for him, but I'm not really gonna be upset about having Dvorak for now instead of Kotkaniemi on a 6.1M offer sheet followed by a 40M contract. It's just two different flavours of a middle-of-the-lineup C that you're happy to have at 3C and can be your 2C in a pinch.

Not even sure that Kotkaniemi on that contract is even a better asset than Dvorak for all the asset management talk. If Dvorak is overpaid at 4.45M then so is Kotkaniemi at 4.8, and I don't really get the idea that Dvorak is some albatross contract. I get he's been unimpressive for us but he's a 3C making like 500k too much, there's always a team with a need for C depth that will be interested in a player like him.

Jul 6, 2016
I don't really disagree about KK. I really also don't know what Bergy's strategy was... I mean, he obviously thought we were good enough to compete still which is why I think Dvorak, Hoffman were pursued. However, he had to know in the background what was happening with Weber and Price.

So, instead of matching the $6m offer sheet, he basically buried us in cap hell with bloated contracts spread elsewhere. While I don't think he deliberately sabotaged us, he was a lame duck GM who didn't give a F*** on his way out.
MB just panicked after having lost Danault and KK + knowing Price and Weber were basically done. Tatar was also gone on the UFA market and he took Hoffman to fill the hole. Perry did not want to come back and wantyed a two seasons deal., not only one. He paid a stiff price for Dvorak but he did not had many other options available at that point. Starting a new season with Suzuki and Evans as your two top centermen was not an option for him. Many blocks have fallen between the SC Finals and the beginning of the next season, which was only a couple of months away. Plus Edmundson was also damaged.

Habs will keep losing games by one goal and folks will be happy.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just saw this … ridiculous pass.

Not a fan of Jo, but wonder how many points he’d have playing with Svech and Necas, since some are lamenting the loss of KK.

Wasn't a pass............the defender knocked in to Hoffman's stick......one angle shows it more clearly.
JD lost the puck............now he did drive the net, something he doesn't do very often, but still a good assist.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The way I see it, we should never lose great assets for nothing or at least until they are past their development cap.

KK should have juste started playing in the NHL when we got sour on him. We lost half of the reset he started in one summer. It was completely awful.

Danault was never going to resign with MTL with Bergevin as a GM. He even said it himself. He got completely disrespected in the negotiation.

All those assets were lost for completely nothing which makes it even worst.
Danault was a loine of many, who were disrespected by the clown GM............it all started with Markov, Radulov and heck even Serge Savard, was ignored by the big feeling clown......

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I was at the game yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the result :D

I've been pretty lucky; the last two times I went, goalies gave a clinic. Last tme was Price against the Blues and Allen yesterday had some fun acrobatics to cheer for.

In terms of team... I was't super focused on one particular player but Belzile is a good hustler, I still like him for depth. Suzuki wasnt trying much all game and Matheson with the spinny spins was fun but frustrating to watch haha.

Also, I dont watch many Habs games this year. We had a lot of oauses behind d'rhe net from D's whi i assume didnt have option/were too slow to take a decision. Does this happen often this year? Kovacevic in particular got stuck there once ir twice for a loooong time :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad