Kiviranta scores hat-trick in game 7 including OT winner; 7th game 7 hat-trick in NHL history

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Xd1VpNs.gif

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Pump the brakes there bub.

How many players had to score a hat trick in game 7 to make the team in the future though?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I think he is exactly a pretty good grinder for present high speed skating hockey. He is a very good forechecker and does pretty well in board battles for his size. He will occasionally score a goal or two if he gets decent ice time as a 3rd liner. He doesn’t have that great hands and I would say that his hockey IQ is quite average - at least offensively. But he has in my opinion quite good potential to become a really high class 3rd or 4th line grinder in the NHL. And those kind of players can be also pretty valuable in nowadays hockey.

Last edited:

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
It was mostly some hard work and puck luck, a deflection and a couple shots into basically almost an empty net. Nevertheless well done by him and quite a way to push ones way into the line-up for the next games (uncertain if he'll stick tho)

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Joel Kiviranta is a real World Champion of icehockey ... nothin' less and nothin' more than of the World series of joke sports in the U.S.A (baseball, American football).

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It was mostly some hard work and puck luck, a deflection and a couple shots into basically almost an empty net. Nevertheless well done by him and quite a way to push ones way into the line-up for the next games (uncertain if he'll stick tho)

Don't really get this take at all.
I mean his goals were pretty standard NHL goals that he actually scored himself. Not really any lucky bounces unless you're counting the rebound that came to him, which he sniped home from a tight angle. Not like his shots were bouncing off bodies or tap ins by any means

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So get this.

Twelve years ago - the last time Dallas made it to the conference finals - they had a quartet of Finns helping them out:

Lehtinen
Miettinen
Jokinen
Hagman

Some called them "Helsinki South".

Today?

Heiskanen
Lindell
Hintz
Kiviranta

It is officially back again!
And it could have been five if Honka was any good.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad