Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers2022

Dec 15, 2022
Yes we do have to draft better.
I wish the Rangers would have picked up the 2 players Barrie now has.
Savard from SSM and Hache from KGN.
This I think is what we needed more instead of Moore & Zhilkin.
Moore and Zhilkin are real good players.
This would not have cost as much, plus address what we need in grit.
This way we would still have Serpa & Fishman which would help the bottom lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
However we trade Rehkopf and Brzustewicz we need to focus on players from the 2022 and 2023 drafts and draft picks from 2023-4 to supplement the two first rounders we have in the draft this year. We have nothing to speak of from the 2022 draft.

I think we don’t try to add 2022 draft year players. Why? Have that age group as just bad…and that’s fine. Pick up as many 2023 draft year kids to go with your 2 1sts. That has to be the plan. Build around that core so when they are 18 years old the team is ok but 19 years old has to be the next time we go far it. A good 2022 might be gone AHL by that time.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
This just in! Someone found MM tied up in his office closet! Lost quite a bit of weight and severely dehydrated. Also a bit of an odour as he did not have access to a bathroom. When he was finally unbound and asked what happened, he stated, "I'm not sure? I was arranging some deals to bring in Wright and Del Mastro and all of the sudden, someone clubbed me. I was in a daze after that and cannot quite remember what I did or said." The reporter then stated, "But you traded away Zidlicky and Serpa for practically nothing?" to which MM replied, "It's coming back to me! THAT'S why they wanted my password!"

So I guess we can't blame MM.

Reactions: Devin

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
This just in! Someone found MM tied up in his office closet! Lost quite a bit of weight and severely dehydrated. Also a bit of an odour as he did not have access to a bathroom. When he was finally unbound and asked what happened, he stated, "I'm not sure? I was arranging some deals to bring in Wright and Del Mastro and all of the sudden, someone clubbed me. I was in a daze after that and cannot quite remember what I did or said." The reporter then stated, "But you traded away Zidlicky and Serpa for practically nothing?" to which MM replied, "It's coming back to me! THAT'S why they wanted my password!"

So I guess we can't blame MM.
Let me know when your book gets published. Well done.

Reactions: Habsrule

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
2022-23
6.png
Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 16U
16U AAA------|
6.png
Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 16U
NEPACK 16U101126-|
Looking at stay at home type Dman Lex Terrence Rangers 6th round pick(no 5th) in 2022. Notice he ended up in the US. Wonder if this happens more often than one thinks. Maybe I am looking at it incorrectly. They also drafted McGurn's brother I believe. Wonder if any of these 2006 draftees will make next years roster.

Reactions: rangersblues

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Okay, I am going to try to spin something positive. Let us assume Windsor is the favoured in the West. According to my calculations we have 6 NHL drafted players and Windsor has 5. Good start.

Ours are drafted in these rounds....1st, 2nd, 3 x 3rds and a 6th. Windsor - 1st, 3rd and 3 x 5ths. Advantage, Kitchener. I'm trying!

So we have the guns. It can't be the coaching, can it? LOL! Perhaps miracles will happen.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Okay, I am going to try to spin something positive. Let us assume Windsor is the favoured in the West. According to my calculations we have 6 NHL drafted players and Windsor has 5. Good start.

Ours are drafted in these rounds....1st, 2nd, 3 x 3rds and a 6th. Windsor - 1st, 3rd and 3 x 5ths. Advantage, Kitchener. I'm trying!

So we have the guns. It can't be the coaching, can it? LOL! Perhaps miracles will happen.
The on paper matchup is amazing between these teams. Problem is we keep playing paper and everyone else is playing scissors!

JoelKRangers

Aug 31, 2018
I rarely post on here but came up with my Post Deadline Standings predictions. After showing this to a friend, I realized I was to optimistic with the Rangers and too hard on Saginaw so here are my updated predictions:
West:
1. Windsor
2. London
3. Sarnia
4. Saginaw
5. Flint (Battle of Michigan 1st round would be fun)
6. Kitchener (still probably too optimistic but could see an upset on Sarnia)
7. Owen Sound
8. Erie
9. Guelph
10. Soo
(4-7 could easily be mixed up)

East:
1. Ottawa
2. Barrie
3. Peterborough
4. North Bay
5. Sudbury
6. Kingston
7. Mississauga
8. Oshawa
9. Hamilton (underdogs)
10. Niagara (underdogs)
(5-8 could easily be mixed up)

Feel free to mock me/discuss

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I’ve been looking, and we’ve been through the trade deadline and we still only have two RW’s for the top nine. (Mesar. Valade).

Who’s playing RW on the third line?

Are they going to have someone play out of position? Never a good thing.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
I’ve been looking, and we’ve been through the trade deadline and we still only have two RW’s for the top nine. (Mesar. Valade).

Who’s playing RW on the third line?

Are they going to have someone play out of position? Never a good thing.
And if you ask Montreal fans, Mesar should be a C!

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I rarely post on here but came up with my Post Deadline Standings predictions. After showing this to a friend, I realized I was to optimistic with the Rangers and too hard on Saginaw so here are my updated predictions:
West:
1. Windsor
2. London
3. Sarnia
4. Saginaw
5. Flint (Battle of Michigan 1st round would be fun)
6. Kitchener (still probably too optimistic but could see an upset on Sarnia)
7. Owen Sound
8. Erie
9. Guelph
10. Soo
(4-7 could easily be mixed up)

East:
1. Ottawa
2. Barrie
3. Peterborough
4. North Bay
5. Sudbury
6. Kingston
7. Mississauga
8. Oshawa
9. Hamilton (underdogs)
10. Niagara (underdogs)
(5-8 could easily be mixed up)

Feel free to mock me/discuss
It's fairly close to what I think. Possibly Kitchener up to 5th. I'd also switch Erie and Guelph.

I agree with the top 4 in the East. After that it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
So....that's that.....and this is what we might see on Friday? Or some version of this? This is presuming (hoping) that Pinelli is back.

Martin-Pinelli-Mesar
Arcuri-Zhilkin-Valade
Sop-Rehkopf-Swick

Pinelli needs to pick up where he left off (on a tear). Martin has to shake off the dust and have immediate impact. The 3rd line could be a good one. Rehkopf is Rehkopf and with Sop has someone to play with. Swick has shown some improvement and could add to that especially if he gets that big body to the net. 4th line.....only those who play hard get to play while those who don't, watch the game from the box.

As for defense, I would have loved to see Motew back but I have a feeling he won't be.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Kitchener has to make the playoffs first.
I think we’ll make the playoffs. But if we can’t get into 4th or 5th, it could be a first round exit.

I have London, Windsor and Sarnia finishing 1, 2, 3 in no particular order.

Can we beat either of those teams? I’m not holding my breath. The Rangers have a lot of work to do going forward to convince me that we can be a post season threat.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
So....that's that.....and this is what we might see on Friday? Or some version of this? This is presuming (hoping) that Pinelli is back.

Martin-Pinelli-Mesar
Arcuri-Zhilkin-Valade
Sop-Rehkopf-Swick

Pinelli needs to pick up where he left off (on a tear). Martin has to shake off the dust and have immediate impact. The 3rd line could be a good one. Rehkopf is Rehkopf and with Sop has someone to play with. Swick has shown some improvement and could add to that especially if he gets that big body to the net. 4th line.....only those who play hard get to play while those who don't, watch the game from the box.

As for defense, I would have loved to see Motew back but I have a feeling he won't be.
I have this as our lines. I believe Sop played on the right side with Pinelli / Arcuri and did quite well.

That’s leaves Swick not having to play his unfamiliar off wing.

Arcuri. Pinelli. Sop.
Martin. Zhilkin. Mesar.
Swick. Rehkopf. Valade.

Mix and match for the fourth line. That won’t matter as they likely only see 5-8 minutes a night.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

It’s weird to say as a Knights fan, but I really want to see your team play up to its potential. I have said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s good for the league when Kitchener is doing well. 2nd half is the important part of the season.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Well, day after post deadline and I think I am going to try to be a little more positive and not because I think everything is peaches and daisy's but more so because I know that nothing will get done.

We know what the issues are, we know what the issues will continue to be but there is no way anything changes between now and April.

I am not optimistic however. The Rangers have a hole to climb out of and its been a long time since they've shown they can do that.

I see 7th in the West as the absolute highest they go. Going .500, even .520 the rest of the way doesn't make up much ground at all.

Chris Dennis and Mike McKenzie are both on thin ice.

But this is the roster and games still need to be played.

Obviously a very frustrated fan. I will not be renewing my season tickets regardless.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Chris Pope said:

"One of the most dangerous lineups in the league."

I suppose you could debate this back and forth one way or the other all day long.
In any case, the moves have been made. Talent is one thing. My biggest concern is whether or not this team is built for the playoffs.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

It’s weird to say as a Knights fan, but I really want to see your team play up to its potential. I have said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s good for the league when Kitchener is doing well. 2nd half is the important part of the season.

Hopefully the Rangers can put something together in the second half. They half assed the first. Even Chris Dennis said they are out of excuses. We all know what excuses are like. Everyone including MM gave them one hell of a long rope. Still looking at this squad the way it's build it will be a grind to climb up the standings. Teams are jockeying for position going forward and it will get tougher towards the end when they are trying to avoid certain opponents in the play offs.
I think the fans in the seats are owed some sort of exciting hockey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad