Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Larmand and Anania with our 3rd and two 4ths for Swick, Andonovski and we give you back your 3rd in 23?? Or something like this…we would give up grit and solid experienced players for your run for futures…both our guys could return as OA
No Andonovski for me. He's one of our only D with actual bite to his game, something this team is already sorely lacking. It might make sense tho, but that's just how I feel about it.

I think we're just polishing a turd at this point with any additions. I would like to see cheap bottom 6 grit added, but I'm not interested trading much of value at this point. Based on how this team has performed as is with some of the additions, and how other teams performed before some huge additions...we're just not in the running. At. All.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Larmand and Anania with our 3rd and two 4ths for Swick, Andonovski and we give you back your 3rd in 23?? Or something like this…we would give up grit and solid experienced players for your run for futures…both our guys could return as OA
Andonovski is the only real grit on the Rangers at this point in time.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
No Andonovski for me. He's one of our only D with actual bite to his game, something this team is already sorely lacking. It might make sense tho, but that's just how I feel about it.

I think we're just polishing a turd at this point with any additions. I would like to see cheap bottom 6 grit added, but I'm not interested trading much of value at this point. Based on how this team has performed as is with some of the additions, and how other teams performed before some huge additions...we're just not in the running. At. All.
I love this post. " Polishing a turd". This is the best description of the Rangers situation. Rangers were behind the eight ball coming into the season with the players they had on this roster. Fans were hoping for Mesar to be the saving grace. The top squads in the league were already beyond this level IMO.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Anyone know where to get ohl draft pick database? Generalupdates twitter is supposed to have it but I can’t locate it.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Anyone know where to get ohl draft pick database? Generalupdates twitter is supposed to have it but I can’t locate it.
Look up his twitter then the prompt on there for the data base. Click on picks and scroll down to the Rangers or whatever team you want to look at.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022

Not just the only grit, but the only D that has shown real progression or promise.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
No surprises here. The deadline is done and the Rangers are done.

After a brutal first half that sees us on the outside looking in, we sold the farm. Acquired some talent.

I still think the ceiling here is 7th in the west.

Flint added Nolan Dann

Sarnia added massively.

Windsor added massively

London added massively

Saginaw is still a top team

Guelph actually improved in net and on defence.

Owen Sound is a structurally well coached better team

7 of the next 10 games against the OHL's best teams.

This is now on Mike McKenzie.

Chris Dennis can be blamed but now this is Mikes bed to lay in. This continues to go south and he needs to be walked off property after the last game.

I like Mike, but he's clearly sticking to his guns and I don't see a way in which this makes any sense.

Landen Hookey who was dealt yesterday would have been a nice addition to the 3rd line and would have likely just cost Mercer and a late pick. The team has already given up on poor mercer so why not use him as an asset.

Just goofball stuff.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Only one more stone to turn over and there is no deadline stopping MM to do it.
@MikeMcKenzie11

🎵
It's not up to you. Some you win, some you lose. You don't get to choose. Some you win, some you lose
🎵

Song line on Mike's twitter page. Says it all.:D

Reactions: TheBlueMonster

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Brutal. Literally didn't address any of the teams real weaknesses, meanwhile every other contender got significantly better, and the cupboard is so empty that we have no choice but to trade two of the better NHL prospects we've had in a while to refill it at all in the next two years.

I imagine regardless of how this season ends, one of them has to go before the draft right? Get some 2nds back to help ease in the rebuild.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Brutal. Literally didn't address any of the teams real weaknesses, meanwhile every other contender got significantly better, and the cupboard is so empty that we have no choice but to trade two of the better NHL prospects we've had in a while to refill it at all in the next two years.
Agree with this. Sad part is other successful teams have built their squads up through the draft. Built up enormous draft assets. They made incredible moves and brought in skilled experienced players to make a run this season. Still have picks in the cupboard for the upcoming draft.

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
Agree with this. Sad part is other successful teams have built their squads up through the draft. Built up enormous draft assets. They made incredible moves and brought in skilled experienced players to make a run this season. Still have picks in the cupboard for the upcoming draft.

This is why I respect the hell out of Hamilton and Mississauga.

Mississauga legit can't financially support a rebuild. That's a sinking ship off the ice but they said screw it and did it with a roster coming into the deadline that was arguably better then the Rangers with Del Bell Belluz, Del Mastro, Beck, Hardie.

But they re-assessed and made a hard decision instead of just falling back on the "Well we are loosing alot of players next year".

Hamilton who is a successful organization with no home for 2 years is a more attractive place to play currently then Kitchener.

Its becoming embarrassing and thats no offense to hamilton.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
That's the second time we've built or tried to build a contender through trades in 5 years. But on the other hand if we don't try it this way, we'd never contend.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
What drives me nuts is that the Rangers must have the worst 4th line in the OHL. Yet they traded Fishman and Zidlicky this past week who would have made 2/3’s of a solid 4th line.

Reactions: rangersblues

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I imagine regardless of how this season ends, one of them has to go before the draft right? Get some 2nds back to help ease in the rebuild.

I would have to think a trade has to be made to recoup a couple of 2nds. Right now we have 2 1st, 0 2nds, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th. Maybe they hold off on trading the big 2 and focus on getting the 2nds through Sop, Martin, Swick, or a lesser player like that. I’d personably think we need to add 2 2nds in this coming draft.

But…I’d focus on trading the big 2 soon. I think it’s a different market next year. With so many buyers this year I think you will see lots of sellers and the price could drop. Trade them to be safe and don’t risk injury as well.

Reactions: TheBlueMonster

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
This is why I respect the hell out of Hamilton and Mississauga.

Mississauga legit can't financially support a rebuild. That's a sinking ship off the ice but they said screw it and did it with a roster coming into the deadline that was arguably better then the Rangers with Del Bell Belluz, Del Mastro, Beck, Hardie.

But they re-assessed and made a hard decision instead of just falling back on the "Well we are loosing alot of players next year".

Hamilton who is a successful organization with no home for 2 years is a more attractive place to play currently then Kitchener.

Its becoming embarrassing and thats no offense to hamilton.
Missy made some of the best trades at the deadline. Look at the young guys they picked up. All future stars and on one team.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I would have to think a trade has to be made to recoup a couple of 2nds. Right now we have 2 1st, 0 2nds, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th. Maybe they hold off on trading the big 2 and focus on getting the 2nds through Sop, Martin, Swick, or a lesser player like that. I’d personably think we need to add 2 2nds in this coming draft.

But…I’d focus on trading the big 2 soon. I think it’s a different market next year. With so many buyers this year I think you will see lots of sellers and the price could drop. Trade them to be safe and don’t risk injury as well.
The only way we can acquire picks for this draft is the week before the draft when players cannot be dealt. Picks for picks

So unfortunately, we can forget about any picks of significance coming our way for the next draft.

The most I can see is if we package up multiple 4ths for a third. Maybe.

Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

However we trade Rehkopf and Brzustewicz we need to focus on players from the 2022 and 2023 drafts and draft picks from 2023-4 to supplement the two first rounders we have in the draft this year. We have nothing to speak of from the 2022 draft.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Looking to next year all that goes through my mind is the 1995-96 London Knights (3-60-3) when poor ole Eoin McInerney would face 50+ shots a night. I know I kinda mentioned it in a previous post but for offense we're really going to rely on Sop, Rehkopf, and ???? next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad