Status
Not open for further replies.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I really hope they know what they’re doing
If he doesn’t report and we have no second round pick that could be bad

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Another forward with the 3rd round pick in Cameron Mercer from Barrie. Played up with the minor midget team in his major bantam year and had 20 points in 35 games.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
View attachment 443388

Carson is tendered with Muskegon; however, I am confident he will end up in the OHL as he is a prospect with NHL Draft upside. Before making this selection, I would have spoken to the player and agent and saw if we could come to a deal for his 16-year-old year or join us as a 17-year-old after one year in the USHL. If this deal were a no-go, I would have selected Luke McNamara or Carey Terrance at this spot, depending on which one of the two interviewed best. Carson is long, lean, athletic, projectable, and possesses the skill sets to be a top two-line impact in the Canadian Hockey league. He plays with pace, moves his feet very well for a big man, and penetrates the scoring areas of the ice very nicely. Carson has the size to drive the net and is a willing combatant in the battle strike areas of the ice. His best asset is his ability to take the puck to the net, and he likes to take it wide and deep on defenders. He competes well, can play heavy minutes, projectable body, pro-style frame, and possesses intangibles - checks off all the boxes.
Just a side note: Erie took Terrance at 10 so he was never an option for the Rangers

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Rangers pick a big D man in Matthew Andonovski in the 4th round. I expect he will get a spot as a 16 year old, along with Cameron Mercer. Both picks in round 5 as well as round 6 are Americans, so maybe one or two of them report and earn a spot too.

Edit: 5th round pick Dylan McFadden is Canadian but played in Buffalo. Ryan Fine is also committed to NTDP so we won't see him in camp

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Round 5
Dylan McFadden – Forward – Buffalo Jr. Sabres 15U
A dual citizen who used to play with the Niagara North Stars before switching to the Buffalo Jr. Sabres program a few years ago. McFadden is quite small (last listed at 5'6), but he is highly skilled and led the Jr. Sabres in scoring this season.

Round 5 Ryan Fine - Mid Fairfield Rangers (15U AAA)
Ryan has the upside to be an excellent scoring line forward in the Ontario Hockey League if he can eventually be signed. Intelligent hockey player that plays with a ton of pace and gets into the holes offensively. He finds the right lanes and shows a high level of hockey IQ. Ryan reads the ice very well, knows what to do on the PP, and uses his combination of movement, speed, quickness, and agility to create dynamic offense. One of the best 2005 DOB first strike offensive forwards in North America.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Is this the most ho-hum draft ever?....I completely forget about the draft this year!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Which has to make you wonder....is Schmidt going to be a Ranger? Or an OA in the works?

Got to be an OA or an import in the works. 4 D signed going into next season, didn’t pick one until the 4th round this year and only one legit option from last years draft in Fegaras. They’ll have a young D core with LeBlanc, Fegaras and Andonovski, so I’m hoping they add an OA and replace Dickerson to help shore up that D core

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Got to be an OA or an import in the works. 4 D signed going into next season, didn’t pick one until the 4th round this year and only one legit option from last years draft in Fegaras. They’ll have a young D core with LeBlanc, Fegaras and Andonovski, so I’m hoping they add an OA and replace Dickerson to help shore up that D core

Agreed. There's more to this. Has to be.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Some PBHH stats....with more games today and through the week...

SERPA is 4th for total points.....on the top team 4 and 0
upload_2021-6-6_10-9-13.png

FISHMAN in the upper end of the pack...on the 3rd place team 2 and 2
upload_2021-6-6_10-11-21.png

MOTEW up there with other strong D.....on 5th place team 1 and 2
upload_2021-6-6_10-12-28.png

PETIZIAN on the bottom place team with 1 and 3 record
upload_2021-6-6_10-15-27.png

K2

Jun 11, 2015
One can only hope. We have yet to see Roman Schmidt

Schmidt is done his USDP commitment and likely goes in the 3rd round which a least puts coming here (vs BU) to a decision. He's a big, compelling d-man but apparently didn't develop quite as much as expected in the USDP and a year or so on the bench at BU won't help. Here's hoping he's drafted well and playing in the OHL gets strongly advocated.

I would assume they know something we don’t. With no 2nd round pick you can’t miss in the 1st round.

Indeed, Rehkopf is bound by a USHL tender which makes him a real 'flyer' in the 1st round (IMO) so MM must either exclusively know the Muskegon deal is soft or he's confident enough to be backstopped by a comp 1st & some trading rights windfall to help the cupboard for 2022??

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Schmidt is done his USDP commitment and likely goes in the 3rd round which a least puts coming here (vs BU) to a decision. He's a big, compelling d-man but apparently didn't develop quite as much as expected in the USDP and a year or so on the bench at BU won't help. Here's hoping he's drafted well and playing in the OHL gets strongly advocated.

Indeed, Rehkopf is bound by a USHL tender which makes him a real 'flyer' in the 1st round (IMO) so MM must either exclusively know the Muskegon deal is soft or he's confident enough to be backstopped by a comp 1st & some trading rights windfall to help the cupboard for 2022??
I didn't realize USHL tenders were binding. All they really do is keep your college options open.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
I didn't realize USHL tenders were binding. All they really do is keep your college options open.

It’s a signed contract for a ‘guaranteed play’ rookie roster spot & is highly coveted (eg. Adam Fantilli) … even in Muskegon ;) Always a way for a minor to renege but it's extremely rare in a rookie season and play elsewhere requires obtaining a USHL release. Brendan Lemieux did it after a few weeks but wasn't an OHL 1st rounder and I'm not aware of another 1st round rookie reneging without playing a full season, though I could be wrong ??

Seems like a stretch for MM to land Rehkopf after a couple interviews like this but maybe we'll see him do one of these in a Ranger jersey ->

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Vukojevic came over here half way through his 1st season in the USHL.

Indeed though Vuko wasn't tendered (only 2 players were in 2017!) and was our 2nd round pick ... albeit the real gem in our draft between Greyson Ladd & Matt Gordon!

Jake Henderson (9th round) was tendered by Omaha way back when and eventually came here :thumbu:

Last edited:

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Indeed though Vuko wasn't tendered (only 2 players were in 2017!) and was our 2nd round pick ... albeit the real gem in our draft between Greyson Ladd & Matt Gordon!

Jake Henderson (9th round) was tendered by Omaha way back when and eventually came here :thumbu:

Ladd served his purpose for us nicely I thought, brought in Brown and McEneny ?at least

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Last edited:

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Ladd served his purpose for us nicely I thought, brought in Brown and McEneny ?at least

I'm sort of on the "disagree" side on this one. True, it was some of the most exciting hockey that we saw in recent years. But in the end, we only got to the semi final. When you are giving away valuable picks and young players, ultimately, the Memorial Cup is your goal. It may have happened. But don't forget that Brown was damaged goods and it took a while for him to get up to stride. Many would say he never really got to 100% though his production would say otherwise. McEneny went down at a crucial time and we were fortunate that Vuk stepped in and played better than expected.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I'm sort of on the "disagree" side on this one. True, it was some of the most exciting hockey that we saw in recent years. But in the end, we only got to the semi final. When you are giving away valuable picks and young players, ultimately, the Memorial Cup is your goal. It may have happened. But don't forget that Brown was damaged goods and it took a while for him to get up to stride. Many would say he never really got to 100% though his production would say otherwise. McEneny went down at a crucial time and we were fortunate that Vuk stepped in and played better than expected.

Givani Smith playing game 7 against the Soo could’ve changed a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad