Kitchener Rangers 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
They have to. Last season for Suzuki/Millman/Grewe. Could potentially be the last season for Perfetti if he goes top 10

They could have to move both Bloom and Codd since they can't trade any '04s with Fantilli not coming yet

But I agree with you, I don't think they'd be in the market for a guy like Vukojevic. Instead they'll likely be more after 4/5 good players rather than 1/2 great players

Those two would be options for sure but they also have Smith and Mancini (if they got Vukojevic in their place), Duhart-Baber-Antropov could help or even the rights to Fantilli (long shot).

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Spitballing here.....wishful thinking admittedly....just trying to get my hockey fix as Im missing it and really unsure about the start up in December (fingers crossed)

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
They have to. Last season for Suzuki/Millman/Grewe. Could potentially be the last season for Perfetti if he goes top 10

They could have to move both Bloom and Codd since they can't trade any '04s with Fantilli not coming yet

But I agree with you, I don't think they'd be in the market for a guy like Vukojevic. Instead they'll likely be more after 4/5 good players rather than 1/2 great players
This is just me spitballing as well but Kitchener did take a long time to make their first round pick in this years draft and SAG made their pick quite quickly. This coincides with the rumours before the draft that the Rangers where conspiring with the Fantilli camp about how to get him to come here. Maybe the Rangers have a deal with SAG were they will claim Fantilli as defected and trade him and some minor picks to the Rangers for Vukojevic. Once again this is me just spitballing and going off of rumours.

Reactions: EvenSteven

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
Was this survey on the Rangers website or was it somewhere else?

In an email to Ranger Season Ticket Holders:
upload_2020-8-14_13-8-57.png

upload_2020-8-14_13-9-42.png

upload_2020-8-14_13-10-18.png

Possible halving or less of seat capacity, per question # 4. Possible deferral of season tickets in question #8.

Reactions: Matttheleaf

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I would want to see 2x 2nd, 1x 3rd and Michaud. Maybe make it 1x 2nd and 2x 3rd. Depends on when it happens I think. If it’s pre-December it’s hard to say what Michaud is going to be this season. but if it’s during the season there will be a much better idea of what value he adds to the deal and therefore which picks should be included as well

I agree. I’m assuming that Michaud, the 23rd overall pick, would hold much more value than one of McKinney/Gagnier, who are both a year older and 4th and 3rd rounders respectively.

Hence the difference in picks.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
This is just me spitballing as well but Kitchener did take a long time to make their first round pick in this years draft and SAG made their pick quite quickly. This coincides with the rumours before the draft that the Rangers where conspiring with the Fantilli camp about how to get him to come here. Maybe the Rangers have a deal with SAG were they will claim Fantilli as defected and trade him and some minor picks to the Rangers for Vukojevic. Once again this is me just spitballing and going off of rumours.

would only be allowed to trade Fantilli for picks as a defected player. And who knows with SAG. Drinkill ha$ done a great job of getting NCAA guy$ to commit out of $eemingly nowhere...

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
would only be allowed to trade Fantilli for picks as a defected player. And who knows with SAG. Drinkill ha$ done a great job of getting NCAA guy$ to commit out of $eemingly nowhere...
It would be a 2 part deal. One for Fantilli and another one for Vukojevic. But once again pure speculation and you are right Drinkill has done well with getting NCAA players such as Perfetti.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Well the Q announced today that they have an agreement with health officials and the league will start as planned on Oct. 1. The big deal though is that they said games in Quebec will not have fans for the entire season.

This appears to be due to the demands of provincial officials as they haven't yet ruled out fans at their Maritime games.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Only if hes declared defected SAG could just trade him at the deadline for a player and picks. You would miss out on the late first next year, but might open you up to a better trade package.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Well the Q announced today that they have an agreement with health officials and the league will start as planned on Oct. 1. The big deal though is that they said games in Quebec will not have fans for the entire season.

This appears to be due to the demands of provincial officials as they haven't yet ruled out fans at their Maritime games.

How do them make ends meet without the revenue from fans in seats??

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
How do them make ends meet without the revenue from fans in seats??

Pay per view. Get the cable companies to step up. Or the OHL has always provided games online. Why know put out a better quality product knowing that there will be a larger demand? I have often purchased a game with a few friends and would certainly do it more often if they improved the technology.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
Pay per view. Get the cable companies to step up. Or the OHL has always provided games online. Why know put out a better quality product knowing that there will be a larger demand? I have often purchased a game with a few friends and would certainly do it more often if they improved the technology.

OHL Live was $5/game/household. Aud tickets were $23.50/seat. That's a huge revenue delta. Also, no concession sales.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Only if hes declared defected SAG could just trade him at the deadline for a player and picks. You would miss out on the late first next year, but might open you up to a better trade package.

thats true. Although everything from Fantilli has said that he’s waiting until after the season then deciding, so that’d be a HUGE risk for Kitchener. And as was brought up before, SAG doesn’t have many picks to play with. So they can’t have Fantilli in a trade and then a bunch of conditionals if he doesn’t come. So if they’re trading for Fantilli, it probably wouldn’t be much more then him in the package. I wouldn’t risk that if I was KIT

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
OHL Live was $5/game/household. Aud tickets were $23.50/seat. That's a huge revenue delta. Also, no concession sales.

What I am trying to say is just the tip of the iceberg. Better reliability and quality means you can charge more. The cable network or OHL network can charge more for advertising knowing that there will be a bigger audience. Funnel those profits back into the league. Make the 50/50 go to the team for just the year instead of charities. You can still have the Ranger gear and various draws online. Again, bump up the prices a bit. You miss the concessions but you also have all those ushers and vendors that you don't have to pay. (A necessary evil........layoffs) And yes, you will still need help either from government or pro hockey sponsorship. It would not be easy and it would be a challenge. This is the obvious stuff but I am sure there are more money making opportunities to the creative. If our world is going to be different because of COVID-19, we will have to start thinking differently.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
View attachment 361054

View attachment 361055
View attachment 361056

Possible halving or less of seat capacity, per question # 4. Possible deferral of season tickets in question #8.

I, personally, have not filled out the questionnaire because there are still details to be worked out. At least I have not heard any details? All we know is when the season is starting, right? Would I attend the game if only 50 people were allowed in the building? Of course! And open up that beer line! Would I attend with 1/3 capacity? No. Would I attend if there were staged entrances? Why does this matter? It is still related to how many people are there. As I said, not enough info to answer. Any other STH's fill theirs out yet?

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
Any other STH's fill theirs out yet?

I have filled it out. You are right it is thin on details, without which answers to some of the questions are meaningless. I answered it though because I would rather give them some details than them make a guess what my views are. I don't think it is going to matter much because if cases rise there will be either no fans in the stands or no OHL hockey at all.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I have filled it out. You are right it is thin on details, without which answers to some of the questions are meaningless. I answered it though because I would rather give them some details than them make a guess what my views are. I don't think it is going to matter much because if cases rise there will be either no fans in the stands or no OHL hockey at all.

I'm thinking the same way. My answers will be according to worst case scenario. I can see hockey with no fans but I don't see them cancelling. The OHL and other leagues in the CHL are just too important of a feeder for the pros. I think at some point, the NHL would step up.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
View attachment 361054

View attachment 361055
View attachment 361056

That's the one. They are trying to get a feel for where their season ticket holders' heads are at. Nothing ominous here. If they plan to have fans in the stands, STH will come first especially in a distancing plan. Hence, the question of whether you would be willing to sit somewhere else other than your current location. Then I would think they will offer limited (distanced) seating in the upper seats to the public. Hey, what do you know? STH are important again...

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
thats true. Although everything from Fantilli has said that he’s waiting until after the season then deciding, so that’d be a HUGE risk for Kitchener. And as was brought up before, SAG doesn’t have many picks to play with. So they can’t have Fantilli in a trade and then a bunch of conditionals if he doesn’t come. So if they’re trading for Fantilli, it probably wouldn’t be much more then him in the package. I wouldn’t risk that if I was KIT

Here is one that I bet you might like......Oshawa gets Memorial Cup, Saginaw trades a package of Perfetti/rights to Fantilli at deadline (assuming Fantilli is still allowed to play.....not sure rules on stuff like this). How can the kid say no to a shot at the Memorial Cup plus playing in Oshawa? What do you think the Gens would be willing to trade for that one which would clearly make them the Mem favorites?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Here is one that I bet you might like......Oshawa gets Memorial Cup, Saginaw trades a package of Perfetti/rights to Fantilli at deadline (assuming Fantilli is still allowed to play.....not sure rules on stuff like this). How can the kid say no to a shot at the Memorial Cup plus playing in Oshawa? What do you think the Gens would be willing to trade for that one which would clearly make them the Mem favorites?

If nothing else, Oshawa has massive assets to move. They are likely the only team that could pull off a deal of this magnitude. It will be interesting to see what the return would be.

I don’t have all Oshawa’s assets in front of me right now, but it would be likely a history making deal. Multiple high picks and players to Saginaw for sure.

Also, putting together a blueprint for a deal of this magnitude, before the memorial cup is awarded, could be part of their bid to get the hosting duties. It would be tough for the powers that be to not go with Oshawa if that deal is it a “done deal”.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

I don’t think the Fantilli part would happen because I don’t see him leaving USHL mid-season, but for the Perfetti part, it would be literally anything Saginaw wanted lol

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

The ask for Cole Perfetti alone would have to start at Brett Harrison IMO. You could trade all the 2nds you want but likely none of them will have the impact Perfetti has in just his 16/17 year old seasons. With Harrison you get a guy who has at least established himself in the league with his 20 goal rookie campaign. At that point, it’s up to Hunt to decide if it’s worth mortgaging the future that hard for this season. I’d do it personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad