Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Thus my concern about our BU situation. If Ingham goes down during the playoffs, everything implodes. Not only due to our weak BU situation, but the confidence in the other players as well. I admit Pfiel has shown improvement, and has been spectacular at times, but I don't feel he is quite there as a BU, and then we are back to needing to score 8 or 9 goals (See this past Friday) in order to win.

We don’t have enough assets to go all in to fill the holes we need (two high end forwards and a top four D) let alone address the BUG. Only teams with overflowing draft picks cupboards would have that luxury once all other needs are addressed. (Oshawa- 12 x 2nds for example).

Last edited:
Reactions: bobber

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
If we want to compete with London, we need a line that can score like McMichael and Foudy and/or a d pairing that will (as much as you can) contain them. if I’m MM I’m looking at trading for a vet that can play a shutdown role with MacPherson or Vukojevic

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
If we want to compete with London, we need a line that can score like McMichael and Foudy and/or a d pairing that will (as much as you can) contain them. if I’m MM I’m looking at trading for a vet that can play a shutdown role with MacPherson or Vukojevic

I sort of had the same thought if we were to only do, say, one trade. It would have to be a shut down D who would compliment and solidify the back end. Less wear and tear on Ingham.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
We beat London without Foudy and McMichael and no Dale behind the bench. We beat Guelph with no Daws. Still nice wins, but perspective is needed.
Yes, they're playing well, but we can't afford upgrades this season. Sell and be solid for seasons to come.

Reactions: EvenSteven

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
We beat London without Foudy and McMichael and no Dale behind the bench. We beat Guelph with no Daws. Still nice wins, but perspective is needed.
Yes, they're playing well, but we can't afford upgrades this season. Sell and be solid for seasons to come.

With no Daws, Chayka, Gordeev or Ralph. (c;

Reactions: EvenSteven

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
should be interesting to see what MM & co. come up with.

looks like we won’t know much more until after the world juniors

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
At the end of the day, Sheila is right. Our streak has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Here’s hoping MM sees the big picture and does the right thing for the future of this team.

Mar 12, 2009
I'm in the sell camp, but part of me hopes we go for it just because I know it will drive the people saying "sell" every day and putting a damper on our win streak absolutely crazy for the remainder of the season.

edit: At the moment I'm not thinking too much about that stuff though, I'm finally looking forward to every game and seeing how certain guys play. At the end of the day, I'm enjoying Ranger hockey and that's something I didn't think would happen this season after the start we had.

Last edited:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
edit: At the moment I'm not thinking too much about that stuff though, I'm finally looking forward to every game and seeing how certain guys play. At the end of the day, I'm enjoying Ranger hockey and that's something I didn't think would happen this season after the start we had.

This hits the nail on the head for me. I can take losing. What was killing me was the futility and boredom. At the end of the day, it's entertainment and if it's not entertaining and I wasn't really looking forward to going, that's a major problem. For the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to going and enjoying the hockey.

What is it they say when you're in this business. Losing isn't death. Fan apathy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad