Kitchener Rangers 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Yes, we've seen that article the last time you posted it.
Don't care what the HN seems to think about him. Like it's been mentioned on here the team and fans have moved on. Not sure why you're so fixaxted on him being a fan of Flint (I assume).

Maybe because I'm a fan of the Wolverines?

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011
Rangers Game Restaurant Recommendations

Going to be at The Aud this Friday vs. the Soo for a work Christmas party. Looking for some restaurant recommendations for dinner prior to the game. Thanks!

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Going to be at The Aud this Friday vs. the Soo for a work Christmas party. Looking for some restaurant recommendations for dinner prior to the game. Thanks!

There's nothing really close to the Aud, but depending on where you're coming from, there are a number of restaurants on the outskirts of town that have buses going from there to the Aud (Moose Winooski's, St. Louis Bar, Casey's I think?) - that's one option. The Rangers' website has all the locations listed.

There are a bunch of places on/near Sportsworld Drive and Hwy 8 on the way into town from the 401, and it's a pretty easy drive from there to the Aud.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

No need, show up when the gates open and eat at the Sausage place on the concourse, the name is eluding mean.

It was by far the best in stadium food I've tried in the OHL.

Theres my 2 cents.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
There's nothing really close to the Aud, but depending on where you're coming from, there are a number of restaurants on the outskirts of town that have buses going from there to the Aud (Moose Winooski's, St. Louis Bar, Casey's I think?) - that's one option. The Rangers' website has all the locations listed.

There are a bunch of places on/near Sportsworld Drive and Hwy 8 on the way into town from the 401, and it's a pretty easy drive from there to the Aud.

Is that resturant still open in Eastwood Plaza? The name escapes me but the reviews were good. Eastwood plaza is about a x min walk to the Aud.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

There is a place up weber street, 5 minutes called the Bent Elbow. Excellent beer options (like more options than Beer town kind of options). Excellent food as well.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
The Bent Elbow is a nice watering hole and is on the drive in from the 401.
The Works and The Grill Kitchen are on Fairway for a big burger if you are hungry.

But as Torts says there is decent food at the Aud. There is the Sausage/Hot Dog place as soon as you get your ticket scanned to the left. And then there are 2 carving station, one at the bar on the even numbered side. And one up in the blue seats section concourse.

Last edited:

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
No need, show up when the gates open and eat at the Sausage place on the concourse, the name is eluding mean.

It was by far the best in stadium food I've tried in the OHL.

Theres my 2 cents.

Or this. There are a couple stands (one in the bar area on the main concourse, and a second both upstairs in the Blue concourse). They serve Sausages, pulled pork, beef on a bun, etc.

All are excellent choices, and about 6.75, which is moderate considering a slice of pizza will cost you $5 or a crumby hamburger is about the same price.

Medway Bear

Sep 8, 2011
There is a restaurant at The Aud, I have found it a bit hit or miss (more misses than hits). I would recommend making a reservation there if you are going to give it a try. The Bent Elbow has a good beer selection providing you do not want Labatts or Molson products. The food is also pretty good, but it is about 5 to 10 minutes up the road.

K2

Jun 11, 2015

I frequent the Bent Elbow but tend to avoid it on Fridays as food and service do seem to suffer when it’s in busy bar mode. The Lancaster Smokehouse (~5km) is great if you like BBQ & have a big appetite and
Arabesque (~4km) is a treat if you like Lebanese/Mediterranean. Gastropub No 29 closed :( Lots of burger/roadhouse/etc chains on Hwy 7, Fairway Rd and Hwy8/401 (even Mother’s Pizza) but they’re all the same. Anywhere in KW that isn’t ultra busy on a Friday is probably suspect ;) I happily get roast beef on a bun from either carving stand at The Aud if running late, as others have suggested, but avoid the burgers, pizza, etc from the built-in outlets.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I second the carvery options at the Aud. Pair that with some beer nuts, you have a great food experience!

I agree. And it's worth the extra couple bucks.

But what ever you do, stay away from the regular concessions. Pizza, fries, hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. Incredibly over priced for what you get. It wouldn't be so bad if the food was edible.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
If coming in from the 401 and King Street I very highly recommend Pioneer Bar BQ.
It's on Sportsworld Drive (just off off King St). This isn't a chain and makes homemade food.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I don't know about the food in Kitchener but whatever the refs ate in London sure made them call cheap calls against the Rangers. Our coaches should get Dale Hunter masks.

rgrsboom

Dec 6, 2014
Sec 7 Row K
I don't know about the food in Kitchener but whatever the refs ate in London sure made them call cheap calls against the Rangers. Our coaches should get Dale Hunter masks.

Haven't seen much of this one, but from what I have seen, the boys all stopped at the Bent Elbow on the way to London. Last goal 97 tries to one hand one by the man at his own blue line. Doesn't matter who we are playing that kind of effort won't cut it.
Good chance to put some distance between us and the Blights, and this is what our depth players bring to the table?

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Haven't seen much of this one, but from what I have seen, the boys all stopped at the Bent Elbow on the way to London. Last goal 97 tries to one hand one by the man at his own blue line. Doesn't matter who we are playing that kind of effort won't cut it.
Good chance to put some distance between us and the Blights, and this is what our depth players bring to the table?

Have to agree. It's supposed to be our strength. They look very slow again tonight. Much like Sunday in windsor.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I agree. The Knights are wide open around our net to often. On the last goal they were in behind the D beside the goalie. Looked like Mash went off with an injury. Hope it wasn't his shoulder.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Have to agree. It's supposed to be our strength. They look very slow again tonight. Much like Sunday in windsor.
I said it Sunday and i'lll say it again the Rangers look like the whole team has whatever Opilka has!
Having said that full marks to the Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad