Kitchener Rangers 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Speed is a relative thing. Everyone looks fast skating past guys standing still. :(

There are a few Ranger vets that need to step their games up when players are missing. Tonight Mash and Baby Joe looked like the best skaters. Hopefully the Rangers can beat the Soo on Friday. Henderson will be back.

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011
Just wanted to thank everyone who posted their restaurant recommendations - seems like a lot of good choices & feedback from you all! We haven't yet chosen a place yet but I'm excited to check one of them out and will let you know where & what we liked! In checking out some place's menu, several serve chicken & waffles as a dish - is this a local thing? I never heard of such a combo, but I'm always up for a wacky concoction.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I agree that a couple calls vs the Rangers were questionable. Especially to ones Cliff Pu drew. They must have him watching Nazem Kadri game tapes.

But that's not why the Rangers lost. Certain guys took the night off. We had lots of control down low and I thought were were better in that aspect most of the night but were way to nonchalant or casual when it came to finishing. And that third goal should never have happened. Offside or not, Bracco has to get that puck out of the zone. I don't believe he had a good night. But it's tough to complain about him considering his contribution to this team thus far.

The bonehead move of the night before was the Bzowey penalty late that nullified a Ranger PP. In a situation like that, you can't allow the opposition an opportunity to even up the calls. You gotta get the hell out of there!! It came at 3+ minutes left in the third with the score 3-1. We should have had a 6 on 4 with the goalie out for the entire PP then finished the game with the extra attacker.

I thought the ref should have given Jones an embellishment penalty on the call. Especially since he yucked it up as he skated right by him. But oh well, just the ref's way of making Bzowey pay for getting sucked in. Can't blame the ref there. It was all on Bzowey.

That's two games in a row now where I was worried every time the opposition got in close on Richardson. He is only 16 and all but boy I'd be a lot more comfortable with Opilka or Carty in net. But that's ok. Richardson needs the experience. It'll pay off down the road.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
London wanted that game more, and they played like it. I don't imagine it was a fun bus ride home, nor should it have been.

Yes, the reffing was questionable but that's to be expected. That's also not an excuse. If the Rangers had played to their abilities, the outcome would likely have been different.

Full marks to London.

Man, I hate saying that... :laugh:

Rangerette

Feb 24, 2013
If the Rangers had played to their abilities, the outcome would likely have been different.

We saw a quote recently on a sign out in front of a high school that said "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard". I think of that when watching the Rangers sometimes. Teams like the Guelph Storm have NO quit in them, even though they are struggling this season - the hard work is undeniable (albeit unsuccessful for the most part with them this year unfortunately). Would be really nice to see a Rangers team that consistently outworked the other team... Almost seems like a rarity and talent has been winning despite lack of work ethic, but that only takes you so far, and it's clear talent isn't enough against teams like Erie and London. They need to find that drive to win - they need to want it more than the other team. I hardly ever get that sense from this team...

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Comes down to having youth. Kitchener is young across the board.. And where they do have experience of guys being in the league it's a lot of guys that haven't played much big games (playoffs) with exception of Liberati which made that pickup even better for the Rangers. But I would say talent combined with depth that Kitchener is best in the league with London close behind. But experience to win gritty and just will yourself to win in key moments is hard for a young team. But probably best they lost last night for you fans. They will learn they need another gear for those games and talent won't be enough (albeit each team was without half their roster) but a lot more to learn from that type of game than winning sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad