Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 3)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This is why some of us weren’t concerned

Without leaning too heavily into the politics, I would prefer if Kaprizov bring his family over and request citizenship from the US, so that he doesn't have to go back to Russia. I also wonder what sort of backdoor deals that the Wild had to pull for Kaprizov?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Without leaning too heavily into the politics, I would prefer if Kaprizov bring his family over and request citizenship from the US, so that he doesn't have to go back to Russia. I also wonder what sort of backdoor deals that the Wild had to pull for Kaprizov?

Yeah but that's not how any of that works.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Somebody tweeted this, but is it possible wild choose the Russian player in the 1st round knowing this?? As a way to bow to Russia?

WalterJohnson

Jul 31, 2022
Kaprizov - Matthews - Tkachuk top line for Team USA at the 2024 Olympics. I like it

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Somebody tweeted this, but is it possible wild choose the Russian player in the 1st round knowing this?? As a way to bow to Russia?
Absolutely not. Yurov was the best player available as seen on their vids. Also why would they pick a Russian just to make sure their other Russian comes over?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Kaprizov in panic mode wanted to get back here asap, but you can understand him. A Russian paper said authorities will look at these student rules, Kap and others avoided military service because of this, but we know he isn't much of a student.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

WalterJohnson

Jul 31, 2022
Kaprizov has already played for Russia internationally. Under IIHF rules, that's the only international team he can play for now.
Not that I actually expect Kirill to ever play for Team USA, but I found this online:

Change of national eligibility (The ‘four-year’ case)
A player, who has previously participated in IIHF competition, can switch national eligibility (but only once in a player's life) if:

• He/she is a citizen of the new country of his choice
  • A male player has participated for at least four consecutive years (1460 days) in the national competitions of his new country, during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country and has not played for his previous country in an IIHF competition during this four year period. For female players the period is two consecutive years (730 days).
  • He/she has an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national association of the new country and which was approved and dated at least four years (two years for female players) before the start of the IIHF competition in which the player wishes to participate.

WalterJohnson

Jul 31, 2022
From Russo on KFAN:
- Wild got assistance from US government officials to expedite work visa process
- Received work visa in Instanbul and will last for the duration of his contract
- Unsure if Kaprizov will be able to return to Russia in the future, says this story is far from over
- Kaprizov's parents and brother have no interest in relocating to MN permanently

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
From Russo on KFAN:
- Wild got assistance from US government officials to expedite work visa process
- Received work visa in Instanbul and will last for the duration of his contract
- Unsure if Kaprizov will be able to return to Russia in the future, says this story is far from over
- Kaprizov's parents and brother have no interest in relocating to MN permanently
In going off this, wild and his agent are working hard still to make sure his parent's can be safe in Russia. Working on getting Russia to essentially forget about kaprizov's military service

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not that I actually expect Kirill to ever play for Team USA, but I found this online:

Change of national eligibility (The ‘four-year’ case)
A player, who has previously participated in IIHF competition, can switch national eligibility (but only once in a player's life) if:

• He/she is a citizen of the new country of his choice
  • A male player has participated for at least four consecutive years (1460 days) in the national competitions of his new country, during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country and has not played for his previous country in an IIHF competition during this four year period. For female players the period is two consecutive years (730 days).
  • He/she has an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national association of the new country and which was approved and dated at least four years (two years for female players) before the start of the IIHF competition in which the player wishes to participate.
Before you become a US citizen, you must be a Green card holder for at least 5 years. The process to become a citizen takes another year or so.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im thrilled to hear the good news kaprizov is safe. funny i hit $426 off $20 bananas pull tabs sunday then today my current fav wild play with birthday of 4-26 (hemi) has fantastic news. $200/$226 my best ever off so little.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So which beauty league team is he gonna play for?
I would love to see it happen, but seems kinda unlikely to happen. Russo speculated that he might do some pre-season work in Florida with some of his country-men.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Maybe Parise can give Kap some of his secrets on how to have a successful powerplay. Or at least give him Oates' phone number.

Sorry. It pissed me off then, and it still pisses me off now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maybe Parise can give Kap some of his secrets on how to have a successful powerplay. Or at least give him Oates' phone number.

Sorry. It pissed me off then, and it still pisses me off now.
It didn't piss me off then, and it pisses me off less now. This team never figured out the PP under Yeo, and now we're seeing the same thing all over again under Deano. SOMEONE has to find a way to make the PP go if the coaches can't.

Bruce had the PP here humming along, then Deano was brought in, and was immediately given control of the PP and it's been shit ever since.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
It didn't piss me off then, and it pisses me off less now. This team never figured out the PP under Yeo, and now we're seeing the same thing all over again under Deano. SOMEONE has to find a way to make the PP go if the coaches can't.

Bruce had the PP here humming along, then Deano was brought in, and was immediately given control of the PP and it's been shit ever since.

Obviously its not something that really should be done without discussing with the coach, having said that, I fall more into your camp. Parise wanted to win and improve the team at any cost, I will give him that.

If our PP remains terrible and March of next year Kaprizov brings in Datsyuk or Federov to scheme the powerplay. Think it gets treated the same as Parise? The team just turns into a positive media opportunity to show off an old vet passing on knowledge, coach is accepting of all forms of wisdom, we are doing everything we can to improve it, blah blah blah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad