Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I love Romanov but we do have more than enough replacements for him in the pipeline unfortunately. If Dach pans out he brings elements we desperately need up front.

We traded from a position of strength and filled a need. I just hope Dach pans out because Romanov was a solid 2nd pairing dman.

We gave a #13 for f***ing Kirby Dach... WTF ? :huh::help:

What a catastrophic day...

Do you even know who's going to be going at 13th in a few minutes from now? I'm going to assume no.

In a vacuum, it's Romanov + 2nd + 4th for Dach.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
Romanov is raw talent lets be honest, great hitter but he still has to grow a lot he has never blown my mind with his puck handling. Great checker and decent skater but his talent is quite replaceable

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Yeah Dachs junior numbers arent even very impressive its tough to get excited about hopefully its a big brain move and they are high on him and know they can work with him

DailyKaizen

I don't like that deal.

Dach has done f*** all in the NHL. He's still young, but trading a dman, the 26th picks, 98th, and 66th for a guy trending that far into bust territory is a big risk.
True, good points you make, however we accumulated a lot of extra picks during all the "selling" we did and we got good reclaim projects that panned out for low cost or free, Wideman, Pitlick...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dach has never impressed me. This new management better have a plan B with PLD or something.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
We didn't trade the 13th + Romanov for Kirby Dach

We traded Romanov + the 98th for the 13th

We then traded the 13th and 66th for Kirby Dach

We essentially traded Romanov, the 66th, and 98th for Kirby Dach.
Still seems like a lot to give up.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Wright + Romanov vs Slaf + Dach

Kill me now
Is no one else concerned that 3 teams decided that Wright wasnt the answer? I mean I feel like these scouts might see something we dont, could be a huge bullet dodged.

As for Dach vs Romanov, its a tough pill to swallow, I loved Romanov but honestly whats his upside compared to Dach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad