Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Little Viking

Jul 7, 2017
Austin TX
I understand if people are unhappy trading good assets for a struggling young player, but he played for a garbage coach on a garbage team last year and missed most of the already shortened season before to injury. He still has a tonne of potential and is worth a buy low opportunity.
I wouldn't call Romanov, a 3rd and a 4th a low price

Dach hasn't been the same since he broke his wrist at the WJC training camp. Hope he bounces back

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Huh, I've reread the trade a few times. Montreal didn't give up 4 assets guys, only 2, the 13th and 66th. Romanov and the 93rd were traded to NYI. It's an easy misunderstanding, I know.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I wouldn't call Romanov, a 3rd and a 4th a low price

Dach hasn't been the same since he broke his wrist at the WJC training camp. Hope he bounces back

Low relative to what he would have cost not too long ago.

Romanov is tough to give up. The 3rd and 4th are meaningless when had as many picks as we did.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
we got another 3rd center! Evans can go back on the 4th!

We are gonna dangerous in the middle woah!

are we though? We have an amazing number 2, maybe 25-30 center in the league, and a bunch of third line centers that might be # 2s.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Guhle, Barron, Harris, Mailloux, etc.

Romanov is solid on D, but brings zero offense.

You need to give good players to get good players.

The way Dach was trending is why I don't understand this. I hope they're right as I liked Dach quite a bit during his draft year.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Don't like Dach and hate to lose Romanov. Dach hasn't done anything and Romanov has already a top 4D. If we need a center, why don't we draft Wright? Why spending asset and get a reclaimed project in Dach?

Don't like Dach and hate to lose Romanov. Dach hasn't done anything and Romanov has already a top 4D. If we need a center, why don't we draft Wright? Why spending asset and get a reclaimed project in Dach?

Reactions: chapeau

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

3 teams passed on Wright, I'm assuming they saw or know something we don't...maybe it was the interviews, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad