Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
All they have to do is confess they didn't have clue about what they were talking about.:laugh:
And so did everyone that claimed the wrist was not gonna be a problem.

You didn’t see his medical results, x rays or whatnot. You’re only saying this because of you have habs tinted glasses. If the Habs traded Dach away after drafting him you’d probably claim his wrist is f***ed up beyond repair.

Facts are his wrist looked like it was hampering him last year.

He wouldn't be playing if his wrist was still f***ed up!
[mod]

Players who come back from big injuries are always back to 100% or out of the league, right? Never has players played at a lesser level because of injuries, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
[mod]

Players who come back from big injuries are always back to 100% or out of the league, right? Never has players played at a lesser level because of injuries, right?
Relax big boy, Dach was never known for his sniper abilities, he's a pass-first center.

As long as he can dish it out we should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Relax big boy, Dach was never known for his sniper abilities, he's a pass-first center.

As long as he can dish it out we should be fine.

If Dach can put 15g per season with 40-45 assists with his two-way game, it's very solid. Top 6 C material, for sure.

Reactions: Belial

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
And so did everyone that claimed the wrist was not gonna be a problem.

You didn’t see his medical results, x rays or whatnot. You’re only saying this because of you have habs tinted glasses. If the Habs traded Dach away after drafting him you’d probably claim his wrist is f***ed up beyond repair.

Facts are his wrist looked like it was hampering him last year.

God you’re clueless.

Well after 18 months since the injury if the Hawks forced him to play 70 games then Dach should sue the team and their doctors. That is why there is IR and LTIR. A guy cannot play NHL level hockey if his wrist is f*cked. How many times per game does the wrist get slashed and crashed in the boards? Stickhandling is impossible with one wrist. OBVIOUSLY he was healed of the injury. Did he have swelling and pain after games...perhaps but nothing out of the ordinary otherwise he would NOT have played 70 games. Great trade by the Habs who did their homework. Let's put this to rest.:thumbu:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
A Johansen/Backstrom/Getzlaf mold for sure...
Getzlaf was maybe one of the strongest centerman in the NHL for a long time. He was build like a rock. Backstrom, maybe one of the best playmaker in the league. Those are futur hall of famers. For Kirby Dach, I expect to have a really good top 6 center, but he is not really close from those player

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Well after 18 months since the injury if the Hawks forced him to play 70 games then Dach should sue the team and their doctors. That is why there is IR and LTIR. A guy cannot play NHL level hockey if his wrist is f*cked. How many times per game does the wrist get slashed and crashed in the boards? Stickhandling is impossible with one wrist. OBVIOUSLY he was healed of the injury. Did he have swelling and pain after games...perhaps but nothing out of the ordinary otherwise he would NOT have played 70 games. Great trade by the Habs who did their homework. Let's put this to rest.:thumbu:
At some point in rehab, exercices aren’t enough to improve rehabilitation, that’s why he wasn’t on IR/LTIR last year because playing wouldn’t make things worst and he needed that time so that his wrist could improve.

Last year really didn’t help him put it to rest. I agree, though, that so far so good this year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If Dach reaches his full potential, which I think he can, this trade will end up a steal.

That might be a bit of an understatement.

I wasn't initially too hyped on the trade because I just assumed if he was anything worth having he wouldn't have been up for grabs for such a low price.

Reactions: Justin11

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
I take it you think Cole Caufield (5'7", 15thOA) was a bad pick?

How strange.

Tell me you complained about not getting Nazar without telling me you complained about not getting Nazar…

That was not the point he was making I’m sure… just that a lot of hfboarders loooooove draft pick and scouting reports more than actual NHL hockey.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
There is an embryo of sandpaper there. I think to reach his full potential he’ll need to develop that side. Get gritty, tough to play against. Even better if he can pack a few pounds to push people around.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Tell me you complained about not getting Nazar without telling me you complained about not getting Nazar…

That was not the point he was making I’m sure… just that a lot of hfboarders loooooove draft pick and scouting reports more than actual NHL hockey.
Well Nazar is only a teenager, why are you and WeThreeKings implying he is a bust? He hasn’t even started his pro career. Talk about hasty.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Ridiculous that HuGo got Dach and Monahan in the same offseason, to add to Suzuki. Remember when Bergevin cried about the impossibility of acquiring top 6 centers? :laugh:

If Dach shot more he would be a surefire 1C, as it is he'll be a very good 2C imho.

Also, it might be because my first name is Jack but I just assumed his last name was pronounced with a hard a and not a soft a...although the soft a makes more sense based on how it's spelt.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Gotta admit, I was a little bummed we didn't keep the 13th pick, until Nazar gave one of the cringiest draft interviews I've already seen.

He was like "when I grow up i want to have 2 boys and 2 girls"... okay bro is already thinking about retiring and starting a family

• Haha
Reactions: Sagikev and ReHabs

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
Gotta admit, I was a little bummed we didn't keep the 13th pick, until Nazar gave one of the cringiest draft interviews I've already seen.

He was like "when I grow up i want to have 2 boys and 2 girls"... okay bro is already thinking about retiring and starting a family
Lol yeah screw this guy for wanting a family

You seriously took that as “he already wants to retire”

Woooowww

Other level…

Well Nazar is only a teenager, why are you and WeThreeKings implying he is a bust? He hasn’t even started his pro career. Talk about hasty.
Who talked about him being a bust ? Lol

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Who talked about him being a bust ? Lol
Not sure, maybe I’m reading too much into it but he’s not ever played a pro game yet, so dismissing him and scoffing at his height is what?

I’m glad Dach is turning his career around but I wouldn’t think you’d need to trash Nazar or his height to make that point lmao

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I take it you think Cole Caufield (5'7", 15thOA) was a bad pick?

How strange.
Ya that made no sense lol. Let's not forget that they picked a tiny player in Debrincat with one of the 2nds we traded them for Shaw (obviously Dach was more valuable than Shaw but that's not the point).

Anyways, as long as Dach does well I won't care what Nazar does. He's been great so far, injury concerns seem to be gone for now *knock on wood*. A 6'4 60 point center would be phenomenal and worth more than a 70-point small winger.

Reactions: ReHabs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Ya that made no sense lol. Let's not forget that they picked a tiny player in Debrincat with one of the 2nds we traded them for Shaw (obviously Dach was more valuable than Shaw but that's not the point).

Anyways, as long as Dach does well I won't care what Nazar does. He's been great so far, injury concerns seem to be gone for now *knock on wood*. A 6'4 60 point center would be phenomenal and worth more than a 70-point small winger.
I’d take the 60 points big two-way center plus our own 70-80 points goal scorer winger (Caufield) any day than a ? Nazar even if i liked him at the draft.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I’d take the 60 points big two-way center plus our own 70-80 points goal scorer winger (Caufield) any day than a ? Nazar even if i liked him at the draft.
So Nazar is considered a mystery box but Dach is considered a 60 point center despite having a career high of 26 points so far? If you're gonna make point projections, you gotta do it for both players.

Reactions: Runner77 and ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad