Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Romanov tops out as a defensive #4 dman in my opinion. We already have a bunch of 2way dmen that can replace him or have even more potential. It just hurt that the Hawks used that pick on one of my favorites in Nazar, but we only traded Romanov to get Dach. Even if Dach tops out as a 40 point center, I'd take that over Romanov any day of the week and Dach has the potential to do more.
I fall among those who viewed Romanov as one of the more overrated players on the Canadiens. A physical defenceman with limited offensive ability can be more easily replaced in free agency or trade than a large, rangy center who is on the possible cusp of an offensive breakout.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Wasn't too thrilled with the trade at first because of his struggle with the Hawks but man he's growing on me.

Guy still has high potential and was fun to watch tonight. His play on Monahan's goal was impressive.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Looks like good trade. At the time I wasn't on board with giving up the two picks. But looking like a steal

We gave Romanov in reality

The pick isn’t important, it was the way for Hughes to get him because that’s what Chicago wanted. They wouldn’t have gotten the pick in the first place if it wasn’t to get him.

So it’s Romanov or Dach

Which is pretty crazy to have him for Romanov, even if i liked Romy.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
where are the posters who said he was done because of his wrist???

Just saw the Monahan goal. What board work! I thought this guy was gonna be butter soft for whatever reason. Dude's still a kid. Eff me we could have a lethal 1-2 combo up the middle for once.
Soft and broken...that was the line of many. Funny they are gone now.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Dach had a great 1st showing yesterday. Wrist doesn’t seem to be an issue all that much, something that was worrying me a little

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm very very happy to have Dach with Habs. He show in his first game why he is a 3rd overall pick. Such a high talent, high potential. So close to score his 1st goal too and a pretty good one.

I see in him 15g, 45a per season. Maybe more with his high talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad